Kiper Mock 4.0 - Bills take Okwara at 54

1 minute ago, somnus00 said:

I'm not high on Epenesa either. the guy is strong as an ox...the problem is that moves like an ox plowing a field. I don't see him getting a lot of consistent pressure on the QB in the pros (Of course, I'm not a scout or GM).

So what is he in the NFL? A run-stopping DE in a 4-3 on obvious running downs? Kicked inside to DT on obvious passing downs? Do you spend a high draft pick on him if he really is one of these two things.

The guy has the strength and skill to play in the NFL. Probably great as a back-up because his floor is pretty high. But I wouldn't want to use a 1st or 2nd on him since I can't see that much of a ceiling.

I agree with a lot of your thinking here but he is still a 2nd round guy for me as a guy who is going to set the edge really well and force guys into the interior rush and will get 4-6 sacks a season. He needs to go to a team where he is s fit. Seattle is perfect for him.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Kiper gave the Bills pass rushing edge Julian Okwara from Notre Dame and here’s his explanation for the decision:

“Okwara, who broke his leg in November and didn’t work out at the combine, has some versatility as a defensive end in a 4-3 defense or an outside linebacker in a 3-4. He’d be an end in Buffalo. The Bills added veteran Mario Addison to take over for Shaq Lawson, who left in free agency, but there are plenty of reps in the rotation for Okwara,” Kiper wrote.

Okwara finished his career at Notre Dame with 14.5 sacks in four seasons. His best year came in 2018 when he posted eight sacks and 12.5 tackles for a loss in 12 starts.

Edge rusher is a popular position in mock drafts across the Internet for the Bills at No. 54. Another top option at this spot is Alabama’s Terrell Lewis, who is still on the board when Buffalo makes its pick

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2020/04/nfl-draft-2020-espns-mel-kiper-gives-buffalo-bills-pass-rusher-in-mock-draft-40.html

meh

2 hours ago, qwksilver said:

Do you take Lewis from Bama instead or pass on both until 86?

After watching Lewis in person at the Senior Bowl I was not impressed!!! At all!  Hes tall and lanky, lower body is very slender.  His fluidity is lacking very much, he plays stiff and upright, no bend at all.  Didn't have that twitch you look for, not even a little.  Watching him try to cover a TE a few times I was embarrassed for him. I would stay away from him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don't think the Bills go Edge in round 2.  I think there will be better prospects at different positions at pick 54.  I believe the pick will be a WR or DB (Look at WRs who played Special Teams in college). 

I also predict Beane will be making two picks in round 3.  This draft will be about quality over quantity.  I wouldn't be shocked at only four draftees by the end of the draft.  I believe Beane will clean up with UDFA's.  Those will make up for the lack of volume in the draft.  Beane/McD can legit tell prospects they will get a fair shot in Buff.  They've proven that they value production and they don't care where it comes from; more roster spots and practice squad spots going forward as well.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Jerboski said:

Why?

Q nelson 

Jaylon smith 

Harrison smith 

Golden tate 

Will fuller

Tyler eifert 

Z martin

N martin

Ronnie Stanley 

Tuitt

Tranquil

Julian love 

ND has put out some quality players last 5 to 7 years. I can only think of one player drafted high who busted from ND recently, michael floyd.. and that had more to do with addiction and attitude than his actual game 

That dude who made up his girlfriend with cancer, or got cat fished or whatever. Manti T’eo. What’s he doing these days? 

Edited by Motor26

11 hours ago, Lurker said:

Epenesa?    He seems like he's falling over the past month...

His Combine performance really showed off his athleticism issues.  15th percentile SPARQ score (17th adjusted SPARQ).  I find it difficult to believe that teams ever considered him a first round prospect.  He looks slow on tape.  Even on his highlights he doesn’t look fast, regardless of the competition.  After seeing that I wanted no part of him at 22.  I don’t know if I’m all that interested at 54 either.  He’s so strong, but he’s just not quick at all.  He’d be a great DE to have to set the edge, but I don’t know how much of a pass rush he’ll give in the NFL. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, NewEra said:

Who are the options to fall? Chaisson and Gross-Matos are the only ones that come to mind and I don’t see either falling that far, but what do I know 

For what it's worth (and trust me, it ain't worth jack poop), Chaisson fell to the Bills in a mock draft simulation (https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine) I ran late the other night. 

The sports withdrawal is real.

Just now, Richard Noggin said:

For what it's worth (and trust me, it ain't worth jack poop), Chaisson fell to the Bills in a mock draft simulation (https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine) I ran late the other night. 

The sports withdrawal is real.

I might be on an island with this one but I wouldn’t even like Chaisson at 54. I’m fairly certain he is going to have a hard time at the next level. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

His Combine performance really showed off his athleticism issues.  15th percentile SPARQ score (17th adjusted SPARQ).  I find it difficult to believe that teams ever considered him a first round prospect.  He looks slow on tape.  Even on his highlights he doesn’t look fast, regardless of the competition.  After seeing that I wanted no part of him at 22.  I don’t know if I’m all that interested at 54 either.  He’s so strong, but he’s just not quick at all.  He’d be a great DE to have to set the edge, but I don’t know how much of a pass rush he’ll give in the NFL. 

Yep. I have been saying it since November. I do think there has almost been a bit of an overcorrection now and I would certainly be interested in him at #54 because he is a good football player but he is not a dynamic pass rusher. Scheme specific fit for me. I actually think McDermott would have interest if there for the Bills but I think he will be gone. Chargers, Raiders, Seahawks all make sense scheme wise.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Motor26 said:

That dude who made up his girlfriend with cancer, or got cat fished or whatever. Manti T’eo. What’s he doing these days? 

Teo... played and started like 5 or 6 seasons I believe, wasnt great but started for a while

Point still stands, ND players over last 6 to 7 years have produced 

16 hours ago, CommonCents said:

I might be on an island with this one but I wouldn’t even like Chaisson at 54. I’m fairly certain he is going to have a hard time at the next level. 

I just watched the Auburn game film of him.  I can see your point.  What are you seeing?  It is not by any chance shades of Barkevious Mingo, is it?  Also I think he’d be better off as a 3-4 OLB than a 4-3 DE. 

On 4/14/2020 at 9:33 AM, Jerboski said:

Would love okwara, when healthy he is a speed rushing nightmare. His havoc rate was right there with young before his injury. 

Okwara, dobbins, pittman, diggs or Taylor 

Would be very happy with the latter four. Okwara ? I want to watch plays other than a highlight reel. Not saying he isn''t gold, just want to see more. 

• Like (+1) 1