The Big Gamble: Hydroxychloroquine

15 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Graduation speech from yesterday given at the U of Arts and Sciences

Armed with the skill set comes from studies at the University of Sciences, many of you will become involved on the front line in this and future threats to public health. It’s not enough that this be some of your vocational pursuit. It must also be all of your civic duty.

Even before the pandemic, we were experiencing an ignorance and debasement of science. 

The most pressing questions of our time...were too often being solved with ideology and not evidence.   

You want to know the 5 words I’d like to hear more often from elected officials: What does the data say?"

The pandemic has magnified the illogic of the status quo. 

Consider the career experience of the current United States Senate. Of the one- hundred “representatives,” only six report experience in science or medicine. Forty- nine have law degrees. There are just as many real estate agents and developers – five -  as there are health care professionals.

In a time when we need quick and correct action on matters of public health, only 5 percent of Senators have any experience working in it. It is no wonder when confronted with a pandemic our government “experts” turned to the experts in your fields for answers. 

How great it would be if the office holders were the experts!

If the vast majority of our elected leaders were scientists and doctors, we would be in lockdown until we finally found a vaccine. Some of the biggest mistakes during this crisis lay at the feet of the scientists who made the projection models.

Not saying it isnt helpful to have diversity in the makeup of govt though.

Edited by MILFHUNTER#518
Added content
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

If the vast majority of our elected leaders were scientists and doctors, we would be in lockdown until we finally found a vaccine. Some of the biggest mistakes during this crisis lay at the feet of the scientists who made the projection models.

Not true. Plenty of doctors and epidemiologists think we should be back to work. 

40 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Not saying it isnt helpful to have diversity in the makeup of govt though.

That's the point. They are way underrepresented in positions of political leadership. 

THE NOT SO GREAT HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE DEBATE

So, President Trump says he’s taking hydroxychloroquine as a preventive measure against contracting the Wuhan coronavirus. You have to give him credit. He has the courage of his convictions.

Actually, it doesn’t require courage to take hydroxychloroquine as a preventative measure. The drug has been widely used to treat malaria and lupus for many decades. Like virtually every medication, it has side effects. However, it is not dangerous.

The FDA recently said there are elevated risks associated with COVID-19 patients taking hydroxychloroquine. This may (or may not) be true, but Trump is not a COVID-19 patient.

Does hydroxychloroquine help prevent becoming infected with the virus? I’m not aware of any evidence that it does.

To me, then, it seems that Trump is taking, essentially, a no-risk, no-reward measure. So, why the fuss?

We know why. Because anything the president says or does will create a fuss.

Even so, it surprises me a little that Democrats, the media, and the rest of the left have made hydroxychloroquine into such a battleground. My strong impression is that some Dems and media types would rather see people die than see Trump vindicated on even this one point. The glee oozes from mainstream reports claiming, prematurely, that the drug has been shown not to work.

The hydroxychloroquine debate has also provided the Speaker of the House with the opportunity to call the President of the United States “morbidly obese.” The President responded by calling the Speaker a “sick women” with “mental problems.”

Is this a great country, or what?

How did the hydroxychloroquine controversy begin? It began with Trump touting the drug. But what, exactly, did he say?

Most mainstream media reports say Trump called the drug a “game changer.” You have to search hard to find his actual quote. It was that hydroxychloroquine, taken along with the antibiotic azithromycin, has “a real chance to be one of the biggest game changers in the history of medicine.”

Trump never called hydroxychloroquine a “game changer.” He only said it had a real chance to be.

More at the link

• Like (+1) 1

But it'll kill you... 

Again, the giveaway is HOW HARD they're trying to sell the fear of a drug that's been on the market, and safely used, for decades. 

Identify who in the media/congress/leadership is pushing that fear, and you'll identify who the enemies are. 

• Like (+1) 5

5 hours ago, B-Man said:

THE NOT SO GREAT HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE DEBATE

So, President Trump says he’s taking hydroxychloroquine as a preventive measure against contracting the Wuhan coronavirus. You have to give him credit. He has the courage of his convictions.

Actually, it doesn’t require courage to take hydroxychloroquine as a preventative measure. The drug has been widely used to treat malaria and lupus for many decades. Like virtually every medication, it has side effects. However, it is not dangerous.

The FDA recently said there are elevated risks associated with COVID-19 patients taking hydroxychloroquine. This may (or may not) be true, but Trump is not a COVID-19 patient.

Does hydroxychloroquine help prevent becoming infected with the virus? I’m not aware of any evidence that it does.

To me, then, it seems that Trump is taking, essentially, a no-risk, no-reward measure. So, why the fuss?

We know why. Because anything the president says or does will create a fuss.

Even so, it surprises me a little that Democrats, the media, and the rest of the left have made hydroxychloroquine into such a battleground. My strong impression is that some Dems and media types would rather see people die than see Trump vindicated on even this one point. The glee oozes from mainstream reports claiming, prematurely, that the drug has been shown not to work.

The hydroxychloroquine debate has also provided the Speaker of the House with the opportunity to call the President of the United States “morbidly obese.” The President responded by calling the Speaker a “sick women” with “mental problems.”

Is this a great country, or what?

How did the hydroxychloroquine controversy begin? It began with Trump touting the drug. But what, exactly, did he say?

Most mainstream media reports say Trump called the drug a “game changer.” You have to search hard to find his actual quote. It was that hydroxychloroquine, taken along with the antibiotic azithromycin, has “a real chance to be one of the biggest game changers in the history of medicine.”

Trump never called hydroxychloroquine a “game changer.” He only said it had a real chance to be.

More at the link

Been saying that for weeks now.  There is no other explanation for it.

• Like (+1) 3

Chinese money washing through major pharmaceutical companies and paying for advertising everywhere is a big incentive to squash having any discussion on a drug that they do not own the patent on. The situation is not complicated.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

Chinese money washing through major pharmaceutical companies and paying for advertising everywhere is a big incentive to squash having any discussion on a drug that they do not own the patent on. The situation is not complicated.

That's what I figured Cavuto's angle was when he had that horrible segment claiming HCQ "WILL KILL YOU."  Doofus.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Albwan said:

oopsie...this isn't going to go well for Amy....

I would say, in the real world, this would be a problem for AMY

But in Lefty/media world................they can simply ignore the hypocrisy of any democrat they want.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, shoshin said:

It's a rising issue because so many people are trying to bring back the oldies like the measles and TB...maybe get the polio band back together since they've dropped off the radar. 

It's impressive that it's only taken a decade or so for the once-nearly-eradicated diseases to get traction in the US. 

Yes with a big assist to our loose immigration practices which have imported numerous cases of these diseases and others. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, keepthefaith said:

Yes with a big assist to our loose immigration practices which have imported numerous cases of these diseases and others. 

This omission reveals perhaps an agenda. There are many strains of the same disease that are separated by geography. Measles as an example has multiple strains, some that are quite virulent. That is why many people who had their immunizations for Measles got infected with these new strains. With the border crisis over the years and trends towards sanctuary cities for illegals from around the world, it amazes me how some people act surprised that these diseases are making a comeback when geographic isolation of such illnesses are eliminated. TB from these countries exported into America will be in the news over the next few years, and sadly you will see even more deaths as a result.

Antimalarial drug touted by Trump is linked to increased risk of death in virus patients

TQAUKWU22II6VLLZ5334242GIE.jpg

A study of 96,000 patients shows that those treated with hydroxychloriquine or the closely related drug chloroquine were also more likely to suffer irregular heart rhythms that can lead to sudden cardiac death.

The giveaway is how much they're trying to make you afraid of a drug that's been on the market for decades... 

FEAR = CONTROL

If a cheap, available drug cocktail already exists that helps prevent and counter Covid -- no lock down would be needed, no crushing of the economy would be needed, no increase in the state's power over you would be tolerated. 

Learn your enemies. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The methodology of some of these "studies" (especially the VA one) seems to amount to:

"I tried to apply a bandage to someone who had already bled out. The person died right after I bandaged the wound. Bandages don't work!"

Even the latest "studies" being announced don't seem to mention that they're combining HCQ with Zinc or Z-Paks, which is immediately going to skew the results to get to the predetermined narrative that it doesn't work.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Koko78 said:

The methodology of some of these "studies" (especially the VA one) seems to amount to:

"I tried to apply a bandage to someone who had already bled out. The person died right after I bandaged the wound. Bandages don't work!"

Even the latest "studies" being announced don't seem to mention that they're combining HCQ with Zinc or Z-Paks, which is immediately going to skew the results to get to the predetermined narrative that it doesn't work.

....time out counselor......do you dare to say that these "rush to market studies" are NOT politically motivated and in the best interest "of the public"??.....I would think that if 5 died, it would surely validate a viable (COUGH) study, right?.....

• Thank you (+1) 1

For months, President Trump has promoted hydroxychloroquine as a potential treatment for covid-19, calling the anti-malarial drug a “game changer,” asking patients, “What do you have to lose?” — and even announcing that he was taking the drug in an attempt to ward off the novel coronavirus.

On Monday, however, the World Health Organization announced that it had temporarily halted its global trial of the drug, citing a new study that found a significantly higher risk of death among those taking hydroxychloroquine or the closely related drug chloroquine.

“The Executive Group has implemented a temporary pause of the hydroxychloroquine arm within the Solidarity Trial while the safety data is reviewed by the Data Safety Monitoring Board,” Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO’s director general, said in a briefing.

Read more here.

21 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

For months, President Trump has promoted hydroxychloroquine as a potential treatment for covid-19, calling the anti-malarial drug a “game changer,” asking patients, “What do you have to lose?” — and even announcing that he was taking the drug in an attempt to ward off the novel coronavirus.

On Monday, however, the World Health Organization announced that it had temporarily halted its global trial of the drug, citing a new study that found a significantly higher risk of death among those taking hydroxychloroquine or the closely related drug chloroquine.

“The Executive Group has implemented a temporary pause of the hydroxychloroquine arm within the Solidarity Trial while the safety data is reviewed by the Data Safety Monitoring Board,” Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO’s director general, said in a briefing.

Read more here.

You're still not paying attention! WTF would we listen to anything WHO tells us at this point in the game?

• Like (+1) 2

Again, I don't know if it works or not. My suspicions are that with some sort of combination that it works early on and/or for prophylactic purposes. 

This was an interesting finding from the UAE.  They have a paper that they published to review.  You can read that here https://www.dha.gov.ae/en/HealthRegulation/Documents/COVID National Guidelines FINAL 18 March.pdf

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Magox said:

Again, I don't know if it works or not. My suspicions are that with some sort of combination that it works early on and/or for prophylactic purposes. 

This was an interesting finding from the UAE.  They have a paper that they published to review.  You can read that here https://www.dha.gov.ae/en/HealthRegulation/Documents/COVID National Guidelines FINAL 18 March.pdf

You can stop trying to prove the unprovable.

There's a consensus.  This ***** will kill you.  See global warming. Consensus!

Nevertheless myself and all of my relatives will take it if we get or are exposed to Covid.

• Like (+1) 3

51 minutes ago, Magox said:

It appears that Didier Raoult suggests data manipulation behind the recent study published in the Lancet on hydroxycholorquine.

Anyone here speak French that can give a synopsis of what he says they faked?

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Anyone here speak French that can give a synopsis of what he says they faked?

This from Google Translate: Regarding the Lancet article: it is not possible that there is such homogeneity between patients from 5 different continents. There is prior manipulation, not mentioned in the material and methods, or this data is distorted.

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

This from Google Translate: Regarding the Lancet article: it is not possible that there is such homogeneity between patients from 5 different continents. There is prior manipulation, not mentioned in the material and methods, or this data is distorted.

Danke.  After asking the question noticed that homogeneity of those particular markers.  But several others also seem to be quite similar.  Wasn't sure if that was the extent of his concerns about the veracity of the study/researchers or if there was more.

So let me see if I have this right.  The President announces that he's pulling funding from WHO, and then later announces that he's taking a certain drug....and ANYONE is shocked that the WHO would pull support for that same drug?  Really?

And....just for kicks...there's a GNC Store in every shopping mall in America, selling all sorts of supplements and other crap that nobody needs a doctor to prescribe.  Should we ask every elected official if they are taking any of the over-hyped garbage being sold in those stores and all across the internet?  How about any of the over-prescribed, fancy sounding drugs that you see on TV all day and night long?  Should we ask Uncle Joe if he's taken Previgen to help with his memory?  You know it comes from Jelly Fish, right?

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So let me see if I have this right.  The President announces that he's pulling funding from WHO, and then later announces that he's taking a certain drug....and ANYONE is shocked that the WHO would pull support for that same drug?  Really?

And....just for kicks...there's a GNC Store in every shopping mall in America, selling all sorts of supplements and other crap that nobody needs a doctor to prescribe.  Should we ask every elected official if they are taking any of the over-hyped garbage being sold in those stores and all across the internet?  How about any of the over-prescribed, fancy sounding drugs that you see on TV all day and night long?  Should we ask Uncle Joe if he's taken Previgen to help with his memory?  You know it comes from Jelly Fish, right?

Are those elected officials using their platform to sell those products? Your entire post is stupid! 

Edited by Q-baby!
  • Like (+1) 1