Jalen Ramsey tells Tre White on IG that he should leave Buffalo

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean he’s not close to as bad but couldn’t you say this about Diggs if you’re being fair?

I can see how you might say that. The difference is Diggs was a great teammate until Cousins started phasing him out of the offense.His body language showed frustration.He was a good soldier with Keenum. Ramsey gets personal fouls in big spots if things do go his way, and bad mouths coaches and teammates. 

It should help Tre and other Bills players if we do in fact get more prime time games. Tre had that pick n the Steelers game that should have helped him and he played well against Dallas too! The Dallas game was a big one for Josh Allen! As far as fan recognition goes! 

They just have to keep winning and the rest will take care of itself! 

I wouldn’t listen to much of what Ramsey says and I think Tre is smart enough not to as well!!

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

Would he be? Like, say, Eli Apple? The Giants are bad, and one CB wouldn't have made them good. Quick: name the last few cornerbacks who started for the Cowboys without looking it up.

Yes, I think Tre would have more name recognition as a Giant than a Bill if he played like he did last year. I don't have any Cowboys names for you, cuz they aren't any good. Hell, we scored 26 point on them! Tre is damn good and would have made a name for himself in Dallas too. I could probably rattle off a few more teams where he would have more recognition than here. NE is just one example. We have a few people here who say Tre should be DPOTY over Gilmore. If these players switched teams last year and had the same season they just had, I think Tre wins DPOTY over Gilmore. Why? Because NE has more name recognition than Buffalo in the NFL and with NFL fans. But, back to my original post, Jalen isn't wrong in saying White would have more name recognition if he moved to a bigger market.

Edited by Dopey

4 hours ago, section122 said:

Of all the homegrown talent that the Bills want to re-sign Tre makes me the most nervous that he actually will.  It seems like he likes it here but stuff like this has to be in the back of his mind.  Gilmore stated it as a big reason why he left Buffalo and unfortunately he was right.  He was a good player here but left and now is considered one of the best so much that he (undeservedly) got defensive poty.  Add in the fact that McDermott is a db guru and can get success from unlikely places and I am nervous he won't be back.  Josh Norman in Carolina keeps coming up in my head.

This also goes to show that with players, Buffalo's reputation has not recovered yet.  Ramsey was right that team success needs to come first but that is true for any perennial bottom dweller which the Bills were for most of the last 20 years.  Hoping Tre stays but unfortunately won't be shocked if he doesn't.

I'm not worried about him leaving at all. I'm pretty confident Beane will offer Tre his market value. Tre seems like a great teammate on a top defense on a team that many will expect to be a legit contender the next couple years. He'll get money, recognition and hopefully a championship in Buffalo.

57 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Josh Allen is ever bit as famous as Danny Jones, if not more.  Again, how famous can a cornerback get?  Should a right guard move to LA to increase their brand? 

Guess you weren't watching ESPN, FOX Sports, etc. when Jones had a really good game. He blew up on those sports shows. For 1 good game! So what nick name does Josh have that people are trying to trademark? Jalen is talking about a marquee player that would have more name recognition in a bigger market. If you're an all pro level RG and want more name recognition, yes, you move. As I mentioned to Dave McBride, you switch Tre for Gilmore and guess who wins DPLOY. Guess who is on ESPN and NFL Network more, Tre. Jalen is not wrong, like him or not.

Would he be? Like, say, Eli Apple? The Giants are bad, and one CB wouldn't have made them good. Quick: name the last few cornerbacks who started for the Cowboys without looking it up.

I can answer this without looking it up but I am probably not a good test because I can probably name 80% of the starters for most of the teams in the league. Byron Jones and the guy @thebandit27 likes - african surname begins with A - started at corner for the Cowboys in 2019. Awuize? Spelling is my issue not recognition. 

I feel like Landon Collins had more name value in New York even on a bad team than Micah Hyde had here. That is where my comparison comes from. 

Edited by GunnerBill

He is a straight-up jackass. I will root for him to fail.

Byron Jones. Who just got the most GTD money by a DB ever. This game is easy lol

• Like (+1) 1

It depends on the players. Some need the limelight, the club life, glamour and all that crap, and then, NY or LA or Miami is better, obviously. Tre doesn't sound like that. Recognition he'll get if he gets paid... and if the team WINS consistently. Then it's playoffs, SNF and MNF games, etc.

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I can answer this without looking it up but I am probably not a good test because I can probably name 80% of the starters for most of the teams in the league. Byron Jones and the guy @thebandit27 likes - african surname begins with A - started at corner for the Cowboys in 2019. Awuize? Spelling is my issue not recognition. 

I feel like Landon Collins had more name value in New York even on a bad team than Micah Hyde had here. That is where my comparison comes from. 

Jones just got a ton of money in FA. I think he’s overrated but I wonder how much playing in Dallas had to do with what he ended up getting, more to Jalen’s point.

The guys a moron, this is a team who last year after trading 2 first round picks for him proceed to give up 45-44- and 34 down the stretch in their run for the post season. Losing all three games in the process and missing the playoffs. Tre fits the defense here, he likes it here and doesn't hide it - They are young going to be good for a while he'll be well payed and well played. Ramsey just kind of an after thought on a team in cap hell in a tough division and not making the post season for quite a while. Enjoy not being a part of it Ramsey

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Awuzie is right. The other corner that started games for them is Jordan ______ (can’t remember his last name at the moment)—kid from Colorado that got arrested for hitting his girlfriend with a pillow 

6 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Awuzie is right. The other corner that started games for them is Jordan ______ (can’t remember his last name at the moment)—kid from Colorado that got arrested for hitting his girlfriend with a pillow 

Lewis. And he spells Jordan strangely.... Jourdan?

29 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Guess you weren't watching ESPN, FOX Sports, etc. when Jones had a really good game. He blew up on those sports shows. For 1 good game! So what nick name does Josh have that people are trying to trademark? Jalen is talking about a marquee player that would have more name recognition in a bigger market. If you're an all pro level RG and want more name recognition, yes, you move. As I mentioned to Dave McBride, you switch Tre for Gilmore and guess who wins DPLOY. Guess who is on ESPN and NFL Network more, Tre. Jalen is not wrong, like him or not.

Allen got talked about a ton, both good and bad, especially after the playoff game.  And Gilmore had 2 defensive tds while Tre didn’t have one.  Again, who’s more famous: Ramsey in LA or Rodgers in GB which is the size of AMHERST?

and without looking it up, who was the Giants RG during the SB years and name their endorsements?  You can’t because most people don’t care about RGs.  Just like a lot of people don’t care about corners.  Football players in general will never be as famous as basketball players because they wear helmets and there’s a lot more of them.  

the funny thing about Ramsey is he probably got more attention in Jacksonville.  He’s a nobody in LA.  Same thing with Tre.  It’s why Kelly and Thurman moved back to Buffalo.  They are just regular dudes in their 50s anywhere else.  They are Gods in WNY. 

19 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

It depends on the players. Some need the limelight, the club life, glamour and all that crap, and then, NY or LA or Miami is better, obviously. Tre doesn't sound like that. Recognition he'll get if he gets paid... and if the team WINS consistently. Then it's playoffs, SNF and MNF games, etc.

And this doesn’t even happen or else Miami would be a powerhouse and get every FA.  

50 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It was totally the Buffalo Media who got Bruce Smith a Nike contract, his own shoe, and a national ad campaign starring Dennis Hopper.

All Larry Felser. Nothing Bruce did on his own. ?

My favorite commercial as a kid.  And 26 Shirts has a great shirt from it. 

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

How is this “throwing shade? “

It’s logic. The Bills sucked when he was here. NE was in the midst of a dynasty. Of course he is getting more recognition.... all of this reeks of insecurity from Bills fans/media.

He's saying bad things about his former team, which is pretty common. But I'd say that's the definition of "throwing shade". Fans can react in an insecure fashion of they want, but it is for sure "throwing shade".

If Tre White was to leave, I guarantee you that he wouldn't say anything bad about Buffalo. He would thank the fans and the organization and say he's excited about his new opportunities. Because he is a classy guy.

5 hours ago, section122 said:

Of all the homegrown talent that the Bills want to re-sign Tre makes me the most nervous that he actually will.  It seems like he likes it here but stuff like this has to be in the back of his mind.  Gilmore stated it as a big reason why he left Buffalo and unfortunately he was right.  He was a good player here but left and now is considered one of the best so much that he (undeservedly) got defensive poty.  Add in the fact that McDermott is a db guru and can get success from unlikely places and I am nervous he won't be back.  Josh Norman in Carolina keeps coming up in my head.

This also goes to show that with players, Buffalo's reputation has not recovered yet.  Ramsey was right that team success needs to come first but that is true for any perennial bottom dweller which the Bills were for most of the last 20 years.  Hoping Tre stays but unfortunately won't be shocked if he doesn't.

My friend and I have the same feeling. Don’t know why but we both feel like he’s gonna leave or very hard to re-sign