Clowney considering options including a "prove it" short term deal

Reed83HOF

5 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Yup, 1 year prove it deal

Exactly. Bring him to BUF. I would think he sees this supporting cast and would think he could put up good numbers and play for a good defense setting him up for a big contract somewhere next year. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Could the Bills afford him if they also want to extend White, Dawkins, and Milano? If so, he'd be a perfect fit in Sean's defense. There's still a need for someone to play strong-side DE. I think Addison prefers playing on the same side as Hughes, Murphy isn't good enough to start, and I'm not sure if an obvious high-quality DE exists in the draft after the first 50 picks.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, RealKayAdams said:

Could the Bills afford him if they also want to extend White, Dawkins, and Milano? If so, he'd be a perfect fit in Sean's defense. There's still a need for someone to play strong-side DE. I think Addison prefers playing on the same side as Hughes, Murphy isn't good enough to start, and I'm not sure if an obvious high-quality DE exists in the draft after the first 50 picks.

I think Jefferson was signed to play DE on running downs and DT on passing downs.  Clowney isn’t happening.