Pick 1 FA - Best Bang For The Buck

On the eve of the legal tampering period I thought this would be a fun topic. We’ve been bantering for months as to what we wanted this offseason. The goal of this exercise is to add one player to the Bill. The catch is that you have to factor in the cap number. As an example I think all of us would prefer Amari Cooper to Taylor Gabriel. Would you prefer Cooper at $20M a year to Gabriel at $5M? The goal is to add one player or re-sign one player at a realistic number. If the Bills only issued 1 more contract this offseason what would you want it to be? That doesn’t necessarily mean that it has to be the biggest impact player either. It has to be the best “bang for the buck.” What’s the most impact that you can have for the least amount of $$? 

I will go first and say Robby Anderson at 4 years $45M with $22M guaranteed. Anderson is 26 and has the upside of a number 1 WR imo. He immediately makes the WR room better and more complete. At the same time he’s going to cost just over half of what Cooper does. You can still add a guy in the draft but the urgency to do so is less. I expect the Bills to add 1-2 guys in or above this price point. Anderson for me would be my target. Who is it for you?

• Like (+1) 1

I wouldn’t mind Anderson, at the $ you lay out, as long as we are still drafting a WR early. 

He’s a guy who would make our offense a big play machine, opposite Brown, if Allen gets his deep ball figured out over the summer, and obviously hurts the Jets.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

Kirksey on a one year prove it deal. If the kid returns to form, stays healthy, and shows out, we can always look to resign him. Spain is a good example of the prove it deal benefitting both sides admirably.

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I wouldn’t mind Anderson, at the $ you lay out, as long as we are still drafting a WR early. 

He’s a guy who would make our offense a big play machine, opposite Brown, if Allen gets his deep ball figured out over the summer, and obviously hurts the Jets.  

I doubt with Anderson's checkered past that hed fit with McDermott/Beane.

• Like (+1) 1

coach McD has 1 opening at the SAM LB where the 1 man gang (Lorax) played 48% of snaps and often lined up as DL, was replaced often with the nickel package and he also played ST and had a very reasonable contract (and was a team captain and one of the NFLPA reps) in other words a tough role to fill...prediction...not a first day FA signing here....prediction: Kyler Fackrell OLB (packers) had 3 sacks against Bills season before last; lost his starters job last season so there is a flaw; likely not a good coverage guy not unlike Lorax who also had warts....

• Like (+1) 1

Shaq Lawson - 4 years 32 million. Lawson seems to be getting better every year and I have a feeling that this could be Hughes final season in Buffalo.

Kirksey - Don't overpay for him but don't throw a stupid low offer for him. 3 yrs 15 million maybe.

Edited by frostbitmic

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

The best bang for the buck would be to pay Tom Brady for a year. Don’t play him, just get him out of NE. 

He'll probably be gone.  He's been griping about skill position players and the Cheaters won't be able to get him any.