What would you think of Stefon Diggs and Xavier Rhodes for Cole Beasley, Taron Johnson and a 4th rounder

10 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

huh? Confused by that post. Are you saying Duke didnt play the slot in 2019? Or are you saying Beasley doesnt play the slot?

so you want Diggs at X, Duke freaking Williams at Y and Brown i suppose at Z?

super fun count me in.

2 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I take it this is your first off season on this board.   Just wait....it gets better.

Like whenever some guy in his mother's basement posts a mock draft on the internet and someone has to post it to either disagree and say what an idiot the author is or agree with the author and claim he's a genius.   

Absolutely NOWAY that will happen and it will be mayem in Bills Mafia if something like that happens. Even though I really like Diggs and Rhodes. Beasley and Taron are beloved and major building blocks for this team. What a wild idea that is. 

13 minutes ago, DJB said:

giphy.gif

Someone need to make a Josh Allen GIF like this hahahah

Edited by wppete
  • Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

We need a #1 WR guy to stretch the field in the worst way possible.

FA Market / Draft

This is a WR rich draft with potential Day 1 starters available all the way into the third round.  However, the FA market is thin with only Amari Cooper and maybe Green (if not franchise tagged) likely available.

That brings me to trade possibilities

Stefon Diggs is unhappy in Minny - has removed all Vikings mentions from twitter and was complaining about targets all year. He also apparently cannot get along with Adam Thielen. He has been mentioned on the internet as a trade candidate forever. However most of the discussion has focused on the Pats as trade partners.

Thielen is a true #1 with great outside skills - but has been forced to go inside a lot to defer to Diggs (especially after the latter complained). While he (Thielen) has done admirably in the slot - his true position is outside.

Why Beasley & Taron Johnson?

Minny is in a horrible horrible cap situation. They will save 5.5 million by trading Diggs. Trading Rhodes saves them an additional 8.1 mill. They will also likely be extending Cousins (to reduce the cap hit), and releasing Livnal Joseph to create some cap space. They want to be competitive and do not want to get rid of all their assets in a firesale. Based on above discussion, Thielen and Minny can benefit a lot from having a guy like Beasley operating underneath. Cole and Taron are signed to very reasonable contracts - together will count less than 6.5 mill for 2020.  Cole has done a great deal for our team.  And Taron has clearly outplayed his contract. Minny also has Holton HIll ready to step into Rodes' shoes. Having Taron and Cole keeps Minny competitive but at about 7.1 million less. 

Why the trade for us? 

As we saw in the Houston playoff game, to take the next step, we need a guy to stretch the field and Diggs is among the best out there. Also, we have Dukle Williams ready to step into Beasley's shoes - already in the Hou playoff game, I think Duke was in for more snaps than Beasley. With a WR rich draft (we are taking at least one WR in the first 3 rounds), we dont really have roster space for both Beasley and Diggs. we can easily absorb the extra salary with our cap situation. We acutely felt Levi Wallace's absence late last season and need depth at CB. And if Rhodes does not work out, we can always cut him.

I am yet to see anyone here or on the net propose a trade for Diggs involving Beasley. So any comments will be much appreciated. Thanks.

I think you should do it.  Let us know how it goes!!!!

8 minutes ago, wppete said:

The next 2 weeks will be very entertaining in here. Can’t wait for March 18!

You and I have different definitions for "entertaining."

1 hour ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

We need a #1 WR guy to stretch the field in the worst way possible.

FA Market / Draft

This is a WR rich draft with potential Day 1 starters available all the way into the third round.  However, the FA market is thin with only Amari Cooper and maybe Green (if not franchise tagged) likely available.

That brings me to trade possibilities

Stefon Diggs is unhappy in Minny - has removed all Vikings mentions from twitter and was complaining about targets all year. He also apparently cannot get along with Adam Thielen. He has been mentioned on the internet as a trade candidate forever. However most of the discussion has focused on the Pats as trade partners.

Thielen is a true #1 with great outside skills - but has been forced to go inside a lot to defer to Diggs (especially after the latter complained). While he (Thielen) has done admirably in the slot - his true position is outside.

Why Beasley & Taron Johnson?

Minny is in a horrible horrible cap situation. They will save 5.5 million by trading Diggs. Trading Rhodes saves them an additional 8.1 mill. They will also likely be extending Cousins (to reduce the cap hit), and releasing Livnal Joseph to create some cap space. They want to be competitive and do not want to get rid of all their assets in a firesale. Based on above discussion, Thielen and Minny can benefit a lot from having a guy like Beasley operating underneath. Cole and Taron are signed to very reasonable contracts - together will count less than 6.5 mill for 2020.  Cole has done a great deal for our team.  And Taron has clearly outplayed his contract. Minny also has Holton HIll ready to step into Rodes' shoes. Having Taron and Cole keeps Minny competitive but at about 7.1 million less. 

Why the trade for us? 

As we saw in the Houston playoff game, to take the next step, we need a guy to stretch the field and Diggs is among the best out there. Also, we have Dukle Williams ready to step into Beasley's shoes - already in the Hou playoff game, I think Duke was in for more snaps than Beasley. With a WR rich draft (we are taking at least one WR in the first 3 rounds), we dont really have roster space for both Beasley and Diggs. we can easily absorb the extra salary with our cap situation. We acutely felt Levi Wallace's absence late last season and need depth at CB. And if Rhodes does not work out, we can always cut him.

I am yet to see anyone here or on the net propose a trade for Diggs involving Beasley. So any comments will be much appreciated. Thanks.

No, No, No,  let me think.....NO!

Beasley is an incredible slot receiver.  A #1 receiver can be obtained through the draft.  Oh by the way...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

They call these type of thoughts, Highdeas...

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Playing Madden too much

Perriman and John Ross are both X factors on my team (along with Tyreek, Marquise Brown, Myles Garrett, JJ, Von Miller, Kahlil Mack, Jamal Adams, Mahomes, Kittle, DeCastro, Q. Nelson, J. Kelce, Minka)

So yeah, we should get all of them. I have a helluva team

13 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You and I have different definitions for "entertaining."

says the Mets fan

Edited by Reed83HOF

11 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

No, No, No,  let me think.....NO!

Beasley is an incredible slot receiver.  A #1 receiver can be obtained through the draft.  Oh by the way...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Wait, you’re against this trade for the Bills??? This place is wild.  

51 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Might as well ask if they would trade Daniel Hunter for Trent Murphy then.

Minny will need to throw some extra picks in.  It won’t be easy to replace an edge setter/ venison provider like Trent.