Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

Boy Miami is tossing is big wad of cash out the window all over the place, aren’t they? If they don’t win now they are screwing themselves! I love it. Let them sign Gurley too bad knees and all !!

12 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Boy Miami is tossing is big wad of cash out the window all over the place, aren’t they? If they don’t win now they are screwing themselves! I love it. Let them sign Gurley too bad knees and all !!

And still no QB

Ever notice that teams that biuld themselves through free agency dont do well?  (cough cough Browns)

1 hour ago, BeastMaster said:

He's rumored to be getting offers less than 5, so no worries

...sorry....best I can do..............

$11.80

The Minimum Wage Act (Article 19 of the New York State Labor Law) requires that all employees in New York State receive at least $11.80 an hour beginning December 31, 2019. Minimum wage rates differ based on industry and region.

49 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I even think rounds 2 and 3 are too early. 4th or later and UDFAs. Teams find good RBs everywhere. Spending valuable resources on them is a waste.

Wouldnt mind Freeman on a cheaper 1yr prove-it deal either

I know that this seems to be a new thing about RBs lately, especially with the leagues passing numbers going higher and higher but last year

I looked up some numbers and I found that maybe it's not so accurate.  I just revisited it looking at the last 4 drafts.

For value it seems to me that Round 3 is the sweet spot.  If the Bills draft a RB I hope they can repeat Singletary's value!

Last 4 years of draft Rounds 4-7.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/draft-finder.cgi?request=1&year_min=2016&year_max=2019&draft_round_min=4&draft_round_max=7&draft_slot_min=1&draft_slot_max=500&pick_type=overall&pos[]=rb&conference=any&show=all&order_by=default

Last 4 years of draft Rounds 2-3.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/draft-finder.cgi?request=1&year_min=2016&year_max=2019&draft_round_min=2&draft_round_max=3&draft_slot_min=1&draft_slot_max=500&pick_type=overall&pos[]=rb&conference=any&show=all&order_by=default

Last 4 years of draft Round 1.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/draft-finder.cgi?request=1&year_min=2016&year_max=2019&draft_round_min=1&draft_round_max=1&draft_slot_min=1&draft_slot_max=500&pick_type=overall&pos[]=rb&conference=any&show=all&order_by=default

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

And still no QB

Ever notice that teams that biuld themselves through free agency dont do well?  (cough cough Browns)

Well.... PFF suggested yesterday they have the best qb in the East ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

I know that this seems to be a new thing about RBs lately, especially with the leagues passing numbers going higher and higher but last year

I looked up some numbers and I found that maybe it's not so accurate.  I just revisited it looking at the last 4 drafts.

For value it seems to me that Round 3 is the sweet spot.  If the Bills draft a RB I hope they can repeat Singletary's value!

Last 4 years of draft Rounds 4-7.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/draft-finder.cgi?request=1&year_min=2016&year_max=2019&draft_round_min=4&draft_round_max=7&draft_slot_min=1&draft_slot_max=500&pick_type=overall&pos[]=rb&conference=any&show=all&order_by=default

Last 4 years of draft Rounds 2-3.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/draft-finder.cgi?request=1&year_min=2016&year_max=2019&draft_round_min=2&draft_round_max=3&draft_slot_min=1&draft_slot_max=500&pick_type=overall&pos[]=rb&conference=any&show=all&order_by=default

Last 4 years of draft Round 1.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/draft-finder.cgi?request=1&year_min=2016&year_max=2019&draft_round_min=1&draft_round_max=1&draft_slot_min=1&draft_slot_max=500&pick_type=overall&pos[]=rb&conference=any&show=all&order_by=default

Great research, thanks! And I would never say that my general perception is anything scientific of factual.

However, I do feel there are good backs out there late that simply dont get the chance to shine. Finding a young, fresh guy who is willing to run hard and feeding him enough to get him into a rhythm is pretty simple, but coaches out-think themselves. IMO.

I wouldnt be upset with another 3rd rd RB. And if Beane truly feels RB is BPA at #54, so be it. Especially this year where we do not have any glaring holes pressing us.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Great research, thanks! And I would never say that my general perception is anything scientific of factual.

However, I do feel there are good backs out there late that simply dont get the chance to shine. Finding a young, fresh guy who is willing to run hard and feeding him enough to get him into a rhythm is pretty simple, but coaches out-think themselves. IMO.

I wouldnt be upset with another 3rd rd RB. And if Beane truly feels RB is BPA at #54, so be it. Especially this year where we do not have any glaring holes pressing us.

Same here Dr. that's why I look things up in my old age.  I got the time LOL.

• Thank you (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I still feel that we are missing size at WR.

We could bring Duke back.....and I actually like the player....but for some reason they just refused to play him till the end of the year.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

And still no QB

Seems Buffalo is built through free agency about the same as Cleveland at this point. Most teams are to some extent.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

We could bring Duke back.....and I actually like the player....but for some reason they just refused to play him till the end of the year.

I'm pretty sure he's still here.

2 minutes ago, cle23 said:

Seems Buffalo is built through free agency about the same as Cleveland at this point. Most teams are to some extent.

I mean even if that's true I'd say a big difference is we didn't sell our O-line.

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Claypool or Pittman would be nice adds.

• Like (+1) 2