Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

49 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Not the core players

man I hope Norman kills it because I honestly would rather have had Kevin Johnson

The cores are similar too. Drafted QB, RB, CB1, olines are mixtures, WRs are almost entirely "acquired" players, dlines are mixtures, lbs are similar. Again, most teams are.

1 minute ago, cle23 said:

The cores are similar too. Drafted QB, RB, CB1, olines are mixtures, WRs are almost entirely "acquired" players, dlines are mixtures, lbs are similar. Again, most teams are.

Except one of those teams is much better then the other team?

Yes....you can draft players to call your core.....but if they suck then you have the Browns

THis just in...the Browns are NOT a good team....and spending all the free agency money does not change that.

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Yes....you can draft players to call your core.....but if they suck then you have the Browns

THis just in...the Browns are NOT a good team....and spending all the free agency money does not change that.

Before we got all those pieces we got something else very important....a GM and a HC.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Much better huh? Cleveland beat Buffalo last year in case you forgot. Freddie Kitchens was garbage. He called plays during the games that weren't practiced all week. He was clueless. 

Buffalo did have a better year last year but to say that they're much better is a bit of a reach.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, cle23 said:

Much better huh? Cleveland beat Buffalo last year in case you forgot. Freddie Kitchens was garbage. He called plays during the games that weren't practiced all week. He was clueless. 

Buffalo did have a better year last year but to say that they're much better is a bit of a reach.

Not really you are what your record says you are I find it absolutely looney that you are making excuses for the browns

They picked the wrong QB

They have busted on several high round picks

They were picked to go to the playoffs (and some much further) and didnt

Yes...the bills are the better team....and have made the better decisions

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, cle23 said:

The game came down to the last play. Yes Cleveland beat Buffalo, but I wouldn't say Cleveland is at the same level as Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Not really you are what your record says you are I find it absolutely looney that you are making excuses for the browns

They picked the wrong QB

They have busted on several high round picks

They were picked to go to the playoffs (and some much further) and didnt

Yes...the bills are the better team....and have made the better decisions

Surprised?

cle23

3 hours ago, TC in St. Louis said:

The key to a great running attack starts up front with blocking.  Combined with a frightening pass attack, which we seem to be building.  Gurley is a shadow of his former self.  

I like that beast from Boston College,  AJ Dillon.  Runs over, through, and around anything in his path.  247 lbs.  4.53 at the combine.  Super strong, superb athlete.   

Second round - or Dobbins if available.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, H2o said:

Are you a legitimate Jets fan? If so, what is your take on their FA signings so far?

I like the approach a lot. Joe Douglas is addressing the positions of need and refusing to pay more for a player than what he’s comfortable with. When you do that you have a chance in free agency (that’s how you avoid Trumaine Johnson deals). 

The actual moves?

Poole and McGovern were no brainers-solid moves

Fant is a roll of the dice IMO. The Jets must see something in him, and if they are right 9MM for a starting tackle is a bargain. If they are wrong at least they can get out of the deal after 1 year. That said I would’ve liked more of a sure thing for Sam Darnold’s sake. 

Alex Lewis was a bad signing IMO. The Jets like him, but he’s nothing more than a solid backup. Why pay him starter money?

I think the Jets would have been aggressive for Joe Thuney, but BB outmaneuvered them per usual. Hopefully they are able to resign Robby Anderson, resign Jordan Jenkins or sign Marcus Golden, and find another guard to replace Brian Winters. Come the draft Id expect another OL in Round 1 and a combination of CB, pass rusher, and WR from there.