Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

10 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

7 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

No NFL team is gonna give him 12 million a year.

I mean I don’t know what people expect? I thought $10Mish but $12M won’t be a shock. Trent Murphy is about to get $10M and he’s a worse player that signed his contract years ago. 

• Like (+1) 5

14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I mean I don’t know what people expect? I thought $10Mish but $12M won’t be a shock. Trent Murphy is about to get $10M and he’s a worse player that signed his contract years ago. 

Got to agree. Shaq is going to make at least $10 mil a year. I have always thought it will average out to near  $12 mil a year. 
Now I would gladly replace Murphy for Shaq for just a few million more. 

• Like (+1) 2

i'm not sure what the hell is going on to tell you the truth.

it seems like half the NFL is a free agent, we have half the world dying from a new virus,  and the other half is pitted against one another in the political sphere.

we're all gonna die!

at some point anyway...

gah.gif.4b7f00ff56bb06b65a2d9c318a35c350.gif

Edited by Foxx

6 minutes ago, Foxx said:

i'm not sure what the hell is going on to tell you the truth.

it seems like half the NFL is a free agent, we have half the world dying from a new virus,  and the other half is pitted against one another in the political sphere.

we're all gonna die!

at some point anyway...

gah.gif.4b7f00ff56bb06b65a2d9c318a35c350.gif

Life has a 100% mortality rate.

• Sad 1

Not sure if already posted, and not really newsworthy.  But what the hell.

Packers released TE Jimmy Graham.

The move was 100% expected and saves the Packers $8 million in cap space as Graham was headed into the final year of his deal. Graham is entering his age-34 season and really hasn’t been the same since leaving New Orleans. He managed a 34-447-3 line last season with Aaron Rodgers in an offense that starved for playmakers. Graham doesn’t have a whole lot left at this stage.

Mar 11, 2020, 6:44 PM ET

3 hours ago, Motor26 said:

No NFL team is gonna give him 12 million a year.

just wait and watch.  And Shaq has the numbers to prove it.  May be it was only for one year..but that is the most important year

9 minutes ago, ganesh said:

just wait and watch.  And Shaq has the numbers to prove it.  May be it was only for one year..but that is the most important year

Maybe its best. I read somewhere that he only played under 50% of the defensive snaps. His numbers would have been better with more run and I'm sure his agent is letting other teams know that. He showed much improvement no doubt and I would like to see him retained along with Phillips but 12 mil a year for 2 players that are rotational in McDs scheme is a bit much. I'd cut Murphy if they sign Shaq and give him that extra time on the field.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BillsMafi$ said:

6BD1F5C2-D754-45D8-B83B-060740E22EEE.jpeg

It would be so weird to see Brady pick the raiders of the teams rumored with interest. They just don’t seem like super bowl contenders, even with Brady (especially 42yr old Brady). Maybe it’s that ownership stake they’re supposedly offering? Or maybe he thinks it’ll be better for his business interests after he retires? 

I feel like if he picks the raiders raiders it will be because of more than just wanting to win, which I thought was his #1 priority. 

5 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

It would be so weird to see Brady pick the raiders of the teams rumored with interest. They just don’t seem like super bowl contenders, even with Brady (especially 42yr old Brady). Maybe it’s that ownership stake they’re supposedly offering? Or maybe he thinks it’ll be better for his business interests after he retires? 

I feel like if he picks the raiders raiders it will be because of more than just wanting to win, which I thought was his #1 priority. 

I think Brady may have won enough such that he can consider other options