BillsMafi$

Josh Norman released

Another player to keep an eye on possibly?

#Redskins are releasing CB Josh Norman, source says. Intriguing situation to watch, as he now has time to find his new team ahead of free agency.

-Mike Garafalo

Edited by BillsMafi$
  • Haha (+1) 1

Rivera released him? Wonder if Sean is even interested. Do we like him better than K Johnson or Levi? KJ is a FA but I would like to re-sign and draft one in top 3 rounds

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

after 4 crappy seasons? Gonna be 33 this season. Don't know why we'd be too interested.

• Like (+1) 12

6 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Another player to keep an eye on possibly?

#Redskins are releasing CB Josh Norman, source says. Intriguing situation to watch, as he now has time to find his new team ahead of free agency.

-Mike Garafalo

That was expected.   Big $$$ and nothing to show for it in DC. 

IIRC  He was benched and only played due to injuries late in the season

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Rivera released him? Wonder if Sean is even interested. Do we like him better than K Johnson or Levi? KJ is a FA but I would like to re-sign and draft one in top 3 rounds

Levi is garbage. Bring in Norman to compete for the 2 or 3 spot and see how it goes. I'm for re-signing KJ too. Would rather have the 2 of them (Norman/KJ) battling it out than Levi.

Agreed we need to draft one, but might be able to find one in the 4th or 5th.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Meh 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

He was just so bad in Washington. Like bad bad. Now he’s old, too. Just not feeling it. 

• Like (+1) 4

I would not be against him coming to camp , but it would have to be a vet minimum kinda thing. One year deal. 
He was an elite zone corner in Carolina, the big debate was can he play man, in Washington he could not. 

Personally not interested.  As others have mentioned he did well in zone but he's never been quick.  I also think we play a lot of man coverage - some think we play zone.  Regardless, I'd still like my corners to be quick in either.  I also saw him get beat deep too much, so if he's getting beat deep and can't press, it's a pass for me. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Levi is garbage. Bring in Norman to compete for the 2 or 3 spot and see how it goes. I'm for re-signing KJ too. Would rather have the 2 of them (Norman/KJ) battling it out than Levi.

Agreed we need to draft one, but might be able to find one in the 4th or 5th.

Levi is free garbage... he's also 24.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Levi is free garbage... he's also 24.

Yeah he’s an RFA and going nowhere 

19 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Creating space to sign Greg Olsen

This was happening regardless 

He has Sean McDermott to thank for his ridiculous contract. Norman was never very good.

44 minutes ago, Halloween Land said:

He'll be a Bill in 7 days.

You crazy?  No way.  He sucks.  Given up 16 touchdowns over the last 2 seasons

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Dablitzkrieg said:

You crazy?  No way.  He sucks.  Given up 16 touchdowns over the last 2 seasons

I mean - what is the league minimum not guaranteed?  Could be a useful camp body, and has a shot at redemption etc.

• Meh 1

If he's willing to sign a cheap, prove-it deal to COMPETE for a spot because he wants to be reunited with McDermott and rekindle his career, then great. Otherwise, not interested.

I know he's been crap the past two seasons, but I'm willing to bet that being put back into McDermott's system would see a rebound in his quality of play. But again, if he's looking for a big payday of any kind, then the Bills should pass.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, dneveu said:

I mean - what is the league minimum not guaranteed?  Could be a useful camp body, and has a shot at redemption etc.

No.  He's 32 and gets burned consistently.  No effing way.  These kids coming into the league, fast, fast WR's would exploit him.  His technique is poor now.  He is slow, should I continue?

• Like (+1) 2

No thank you, pass. Levi Wallace as an UDFA and the Bills found gold, took T. Johnson in the 4th and he's been good to great at times. Let's continue to find guys who are either young and show promise or in their prime. For the money, I'd take Byron Jones from Dallas if he makes out of the Star. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Nah

49 minutes ago, klos63 said:

after 4 crappy seasons? Gonna be 33 this season. Don't know why we'd be too interested.

He was signed as shut down cb.  He’s not close to that but could be real solid in a #2 or #3 zone corner role in a defense he excelled in.  Not a huge need but if the price is right, it could be interesting. He could sign a one year, prove it deal that could benefit both parties.  

• Skeptical 2