Adored Browns mascot Swagger passes away at 6

HOUSE

Image result for swagger,browns

Having joined the Cleveland Browns franchise as a puppy in 2014, Swagger, the team's adored bullmastiff mascot, passed away on Friday, the team announced.

Swagger lost his battle with cancer and died at 6 years old. Justin McLaughlin, Swagger's handler, posted on social media that Swagger had been battling cancer for the past year and on Friday had a stroke.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001101533/article/adored-browns-mascot-swagger-passes-away-at-6

Edited by HOUSE
  • Sad 5

48 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Poor pup. Live mascots are stupid as hell by the way (and cruel, in some cases.)

I got no problem with having a dog as a live mascot.  Sounds like he lived a good life with a loving family.  The Denver and KC hosses probably also lead a good life.

I dunno about the live ravens the Ravens have or the Seahawk's real hawk

I think that's all the live mascots in the NFL these days?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I got no problem with having a dog as a live mascot.  Sounds like he lived a good life with a loving family.  The Denver and KC hosses probably also lead a good life.

What about Billy Buffalo?????

Are you telling me he isn't real?????

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

IDK. Rumor has it that Jerrah has the last Marlboro man chained to a wall in his basement. 

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

yeah that’s all good i was referring to exotic animals - tigers (i think LSU has one) and the like.

11 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I don't know if I would say he had a great life, he was forced to work for the Browns. How can you wish that on anyone?

Yes. But fortunately he lacked the situation awareness to KNOW that he worked for the Brows!

21 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Horses, like dogs, have long been domesticated -- more than 5000 years -- and hawks have been used for hunting for more than 3000 years.

Taima the Seahawk is an Augur hawk and was hatched at the World Bird Sanctuary in St Louis MO.  His handler has 30 years experience as a falconer.  He has a business that uses birds of prey to control bird, rodent, and rabbit populations in the western states.

The raven mascot for the Ravens come from the Maryland Zoo.  They are African ravens that are more amenable to handling than the common ravens that are indigenous to western Maryland. 

At one time I think that the Bengals had a live tiger mascot but that was quite a while ago. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Horses, like dogs, have long been domesticated -- more than 5000 years -- and hawks have been used for hunting for more than 3000 years.

Taima the Seahawk is an Augur hawk and was hatched at the World Bird Sanctuary in St Louis MO.  His handler has 30 years experience as a falconer.  He has a business that uses birds of prey to control bird, rodent, and rabbit populations in the western states.

The raven mascot for the Ravens come from the Maryland Zoo.  They are African ravens that are more amenable to handling than the common ravens that are indigenous to western Maryland. 

At one time I think that the Bengals had a live tiger mascot but that was quite a while ago. 

Interesting - thanks for the gouge on the hawk and ravens!

There is evidence of people caring for a puppy (and being buried with it) 14,000 yrs old.  We go way back in our bonds with dogs.