Shady is inactive for the SB

Reed83HOF

4 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

For real? That’s a real slap in the face.

Activate a nobody backup interior d-lineman who everyone knows won’t play, over a possible HOF RB who can actually get you some good touches?

I interpret it as activating a nobody backup interior d-lineman who might HAVE to play vs. activating McCoy, who they will likely not need.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He was inactive for the AFCC game too.  And had 1 carry in the Divisional game...

Only played 300 snaps all season. Really fell off a cliff. Though I guess he really only has one good game last year, I blamed the OL for some of it but it wasn’t all of it. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Have to wonder if he’ll be able to squeeze one last paycheck out of someone next year 

Doubtful.  He'll sign that one-day contract and retire a Eagle...

(I expect Gore to do the same with the 49ers)

Edited by Lurker
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Kiko Alonso is also inactive

He plays for Saints who are not playing so he is hardly 'inactive" although would be on IR if Saints were in Superbowl since he tore his ACL again.

Don Beebe was replaced by practice squad player in his last Superbowl who never got on the field.

Getting old hurts.

21 minutes ago, Steptide said:

He's obviously not what he once was, but I think both superbowl teams should be allowed to have all 53 players active. 

Exactly. He got to the show 8 years too late. Shady in his prime with the other talent on KC would be scarier than it is now.

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Good.

He's not needed. Any player on the bench can lay a cheap shot if needed though Kiki is quite proficient in the skill set.