Who Is Your Least Favorite Bill of All Time ... and Why?

Gugny

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I will admit that once I decide I dislike a player, that my bias is clearly displayed.  But I don't think I'm fabricating anything.  Our offense under Tyrod was ranked similarly and it similarly did not score points when the Bills needed points.

Amassing yards and scoring points is great as long as you're doing those things when it matters most.

My bigger knock on Flutie is him as a person.  I think he was a crappy team mate who really had no sense of team in him.  You are correct, though …. I have trouble acknowledging anything good that he may have done on the field.  Definitely guilty as charged.  But I do honestly believe that he really didn't do much on the field, other than provide some excitement.  I'd much rather have boring and scoring more points than the other team.

As far as Johnson in TEN goes, I'm not saying he played great .. or even well.  But he did leave the game with a lead.

Lastly, the respect is mutual.

Cheers!

In 98 the bills were 0-3 when flutie finally got the starting nod. They finished 10-6, their offense was top ten in points in yards while the defense was 15th in yds and 6th in pts allowed..... looks to me like flutie did plenty of heavy lifting there...

if we ever do meet up at a game like we’ve discussed I’m soooooo wearing my flutie jersey. ?

• Haha (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

So true. If Flutie was supposedly so divisive then why did the team around him play harder then when Robosack was in. It makes no sense. I love how many Flutie haters were physically in the locker room witnessing all these atrocities.  So adorable. 

I’m just a really big believer in separating what sort of people these players are from the results they produce. I literally don’t care what type of person they are if they win. This is a sport. Entertainment. 

most men in their 20’s and 30’s with a ton of money and an alpha mentality(which is need in the nfl) are gonna be jerks. 

the bottom line is one qb won games and got sacked a third of the time as the other qb that was losing games and hitting the ground at a record pace for the same team. 

there are sooooo many qb’s that have lost a ton of games for buffalo. Sorry, but I can’t bring myself to hate one of them that won and actually commanded a solid offense in the process, just because he was a prick. Give me a break people. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

FWIW, I found Marshawn to be the most engaging player in the organization. He was fan-friendly and not because he was forced to. He is legitimately a really bright guy, that enjoyed Buffalo, and wanted to embrace the community. In my time around there he was almost certainly my favorite player

Totally agree on Marshawn.

My least favorite:   Drew Bledsoe

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

In 98 the bills were 0-3 when flutie finally got the starting nod. They finished 10-6, their offense was top ten in points in yards while the defense was 15th in yds and 6th in pts allowed..... looks to me like flutie did plenty of heavy lifting there...

if we ever do meet up at a game like we’ve discussed I’m soooooo wearing my flutie jersey. ?

Correction, the Bills were 1-3 when Flutie came in for an injured RJ against the Colts and if wasn't for a defensive collapse that Flutie failed to kill the clock in few minutes against the Rams we could have been 2-2. I love how the narrative of how bad we were before the magic man "saved our season". RJ did produce in 1998 after struggling in his first two games (or his second and third career NFL starts). Yet I know it doesn't fit the Flutie fan rewrite of history. The biggest issue is the 1998 version of Flutie wasn't the same one we saw in 1999, as either defenses caught up to him or maybe father time did or maybe a little bit of both. Either way RJ had youth on his side but I agree he took too many sacks and it prevented him from staying on the field and ultimately wasn't good enough for us. Yet the way Flutie was playing in 1999 he wasn't a long term answer either. Another thing that makes many of us hate Flutie is that his fans want to praise him for all his wins yet when he lost the shift of blame goes elsewhere, see the playoff loss against Miami people clamor Flutie was blindsided and had no chance to not fumble or Andre Reed taking the penalty cost us the game not Flutie yet if RJ loses a game like the Titans playoff game it's solely because RJ didn't produce enough points or took too many sacks etc. 

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Gugny said:

I just read the latest Sam Watkins thread.  Man, I couldn't stand that lazy piece of crap.

But my least favorite Bill of all time, hands down, is Doug Flutie.

Why?  He was a me-first, selfish player and a horrible teammate who divided the locker room.  A pompous, arrogant ass who had minimal talent.

People thought he was "a winner."  He was not a winner.  He was a QB with a top 3 defense who underperformed on offense, which led to the Bills doing nothing during his tenure.

Who is YOUR least favorite Bill and why do you feel that way?

Rob Johnson... 

Wasted away Flutie's talents that should've led us to the Super Bowl. 

Safetied himself in the biggest game of his career, just choked under any pressure, sackled himself constantly, had a peanut brain and played so clumsy, just a huge bozo. Plus to top it off he got a ring he didn't deserve when he should've got one on the bench here in Buffalo.

11 hours ago, Gugny said:

I just read the latest Sam Watkins thread.  Man, I couldn't stand that lazy piece of crap.

But my least favorite Bill of all time, hands down, is Doug Flutie.

Why?  He was a me-first, selfish player and a horrible teammate who divided the locker room.  A pompous, arrogant ass who had minimal talent.

People thought he was "a winner."  He was not a winner.  He was a QB with a top 3 defense who underperformed on offense, which led to the Bills doing nothing during his tenure.

Who is YOUR least favorite Bill and why do you feel that way?

WOW !  sounds as if you are as confused about Flutie as Ralph was ? & by that analogy Josh will be your next target if Flutie was a POS athlete !

The only reason why the locker room was divided was because the actual players on the team knew who the true leader & best man for the job was but Ralph (being the football expert that he was) couldn't ! And his decision ultimately screwed the pooch being Wade, Flutie & the Bills fans ! 

But that's for another discussion ! But to continue this one probably Rob Johnson for the simple fact that he along with Ralph derailed a decent run in Bills history which led to the firing of a winning coach, & his staff that sent the Bills into a tail spin for 20+ yrs !

Question , of all the players Cousineau, Peters, Rob Johnson, Mike Williams, Norwood, & even Kelly for saying he didn't want to go to the Bills when drafted of all the players that just flat out screwed the Bills in one way or another why some people hate a winner is beyond my ability of reason ! 

44 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Correction, the Bills were 1-3 when Flutie came in for an injured RJ against the Colts and if wasn't for a defensive collapse that Flutie failed to kill the clock in few minutes against the Rams we could have been 2-2. I love how the narrative of how bad we were before the magic man "saved our season". RJ did produce in 1998 after struggling in his first two games (or his second and third career NFL starts). Yet I know it doesn't fit the Flutie fan rewrite of history. The biggest issue is the 1998 version of Flutie wasn't the same one we saw in 1999, as either defenses caught up to him or maybe father time did or maybe a little bit of both. Either way RJ had youth on his side but I agree he took too many sacks and it prevented him from staying on the field and ultimately wasn't good enough for us. Yet the way Flutie was playing in 1999 he wasn't a long term answer either. Another thing that makes many of us hate Flutie is that his fans want to praise him for all his wins yet when he lost the shift of blame goes elsewhere, see the playoff loss against Miami people clamor Flutie was blindsided and had no chance to not fumble or Andre Reed taking the penalty cost us the game not Flutie yet if RJ loses a game like the Titans playoff game it's solely because RJ didn't produce enough points or took too many sacks etc. 

you are correct. 1-3... that's a bad team. 

that changes basically nothing about the factual narrative I've written here. by all means keep cherry picking though.

I never had one guy that really was above the rest. But these three really burned me:

Donte Whitner- Below average SAF who wouldn't stop running his mouth after he left buffalo about the area

Paul Pouslozny- Incredibly overrated player who racked up tackles 8 yards downfield, never understood the hype and in general never liked his play

Chris Hogan- Overrated and dropped the ball soo many times when it mattered. Of course went to NE and then never heard the end of him

Ryan Lindell- Any big kick needed the guy missed. If it was a kick that meant nothing he could make it from 60 yards, but pressure came and he blew

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

you are correct. 1-3... that's a bad team. 

that changes basically nothing about the factual narrative I've written here. by all means keep cherry picking though.

It does because the offense was playing much better with RJ in the last two games he started, Flutie stepping in helped but it might be he stepped into a better situation than RJ started in the first two games. Yet I get it the only thing that counts is the win or loss not the way it was done. Again how many games did Flutie play in the USFL, NFL and CFL before he got here? I bet it was a lot more than ONE that RJ had. 

Edited by The Jokeman

55 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Rob Johnson... 

Wasted away Flutie's talents that should've led us to the Super Bowl. 

Safetied himself in the biggest game of his career, just choked under any pressure, sackled himself constantly, had a peanut brain and played so clumsy, just a huge bozo. Plus to top it off he got a ring he didn't deserve when he should've got one on the bench here in Buffalo.

but Flutie didn't choke when he literally dropped the ball aka fumbled when the Dolphins playoff game was on the line or toss in he also threw a bad INT before half time that cost us points too. 

Not a player, but hands down Russ Brandon for anyone connected to the Bills.  

As a player Ryan Fitzpatrick.    (Personally he seems like a great guy, and I expect him to be a better commentator than Tony Romo someday).  But as a player the moment he signed the big contract, I knew the team was being set back badly.   Similarly, EJ Manuel is a close second.  there was nothing to root for there, and the team just kept chasing bad decisions after bad decision to try to make Manuel something he was not.  As a person EJ also seems like a good guy.  But it was brutal having him as a QB. 

12 hours ago, BuffAlone said:

Rob Johnson.

My daughter got to participate in the Punt Pass and Kick competition as an eight year old when the Flutie and Johnson debate was ongoing.  The kids were all given Johnson jerseys to wear.  Until half time, all of the kids who participated sat together as a group.   At the half she came back to our seats and very nonchalantly sat down and said "not sure why the gave us these Jersey's, Johnson sucks".  This was not a word we had heard her use before, so we always assume she picked it up from the older kids.  But we chuckled often about that. 

• Haha (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, T master said:

WOW !  sounds as if you are as confused about Flutie as Ralph was ? & by that analogy Josh will be your next target if Flutie was a POS athlete !

The only reason why the locker room was divided was because the actual players on the team knew who the true leader & best man for the job was but Ralph (being the football expert that he was) couldn't ! And his decision ultimately screwed the pooch being Wade, Flutie & the Bills fans ! 

But that's for another discussion ! But to continue this one probably Rob Johnson for the simple fact that he along with Ralph derailed a decent run in Bills history which led to the firing of a winning coach, & his staff that sent the Bills into a tail spin for 20+ yrs !

Question , of all the players Cousineau, Peters, Rob Johnson, Mike Williams, Norwood, & even Kelly for saying he didn't want to go to the Bills when drafted of all the players that just flat out screwed the Bills in one way or another why some people hate a winner is beyond my ability of reason ! 

I love Josh Allen.  He is exponentially better than Flutie ever dreamed of being.

The Bills would have lost badly against TEN had Flutie started that game.