The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

24 minutes ago, GG said:

It is, on purely statistical basis.   

As I said before, it's not in China's interest to suppress new cases, because that would open them up to much greater questioning on either the virus's origin or having the cure.

Don't make either "G" in GG stand for gullible.  China is a closed society with traditionally very minimal media freedom.  I doubt that their leadership worries about covering up new cases as they don't expect it to reach the light of day in terms of the West finding out.  We are talking about a nation where most problems are dealt with in terms of soldiers having orders to shoot resisters.

1 minute ago, TH3 said:

Basing any kind of analysis on what the Chinese release is just plain a waste of time...Look at Italy.

My take....It is inevitable that like DT said....CV is going to "wash through" our country. Ultimately there will be hundreds of thousands...if not millions of casualties (pending a vaccine). 

No amount of economic help from the Feds can replace the loss of economic activity that is going to be incurred in a quarantine/shutdown. Think about this: A restaurant is in a plaza...shuts down - employees out of work. Restaurant has credit line with bank and a lease with a developer. Developer out of rent can't make payments might default on mortgage, restaurant out of credit line conditions with bank. Employees can't pay bills with a $1,000 check. Multiply by millions. 

This is the reality that we are looking at - and if you get a hold of leaked meetings and reports.....they know it

What I think is going to happen? A policy of low risk people get on with their lives and the high risk try to stay out of harms way. Hundreds of thousands if not millions of casualties and not much to stop it....and that is the choice that is going to be made. 

I think that most of us can see a cascading effect through the economy.  Let's make changes starting with getting rid of the usury provisions that were dealt to the credit card companies back in the early 1980's.  For that matter let's punish any would be loan sharks by holding their legs under the lid of a garbage truck while the hydraulic rams make the lid crush down on the legs.  

the JIT delivery system is is beginning to experience unprecedented stress. if indeed the CV washes through the States, how it fairs in the days ahead is going to be tantamount to how society's reactions fair. as long as it remains essentially viable, things should be okay. however, as i would think, due to logical progressions, there are going to be severe breakdowns in the JIT delivery system which will precipitate ensuing chaos.

Edited by Foxx
  • Thank you (+1) 1

There is soo many family to coronavirus.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronaviridae

Virus classificatione
(unranked): Virus
Realm: Riboviria
Phylum: incertae sedis
Order: Nidovirales
Suborder: Cornidovirineae
Family: Coronaviridae
Subfamilies and genera

axonomy[edit]

The family Coronaviridae is organized in 2 sub-families, 5 genera, 23 sub-genera and about 40 species:[2]

Coronavirus[edit]

Main article: Coronavirus
220px-Coronavirusdiagram.jpg

Illustration of a coronavirus

Coronavirus is the common name for Coronaviridae and Orthocoronavirinae, also called Coronavirinae.[4][5] Coronaviruses cause diseases in mammals and birds. In humans, the viruses cause respiratory infections, including the common cold, which are typically mild, though rarer forms such as SARS, MERS and COVID-19 can be lethal. Symptoms vary in other species: in chickens, they cause an upper respiratory disease, while in cows and pigs coronaviruses cause diarrhea. There are no vaccines or antiviral drugs to prevent or treat human coronavirus infections. They are enveloped viruses with a positive-sense single-stranded RNA genome and a nucleocapsid of helical symmetry. The genome size of coronaviruses ranges from approximately 26 to 32 kilobases, the largest for a RNA virus. The name "coronavirus" is derived from the Ancient Greek 'κορώνη', meaning crown or halo, which refers to the characteristic appearance of the virus particles (virions): they have a fringe reminiscent of a crown or of a solar corona.

Orthocoronavirinae taxonomy[edit]

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

You are delusional.  Keep kissing Don't ass and pretending he's perfect.  

I spread fear?  thats funny,  because I pointed out that Dandy Don, Reality TV "star" disbanded the Obama Administrations Pandemic Team?  

STFU?  Bravo my man.  What happened to freedom of speech?  Or does freedom of speech only apply to Don't Lemmings? 

Here's a clue.  If you don't like what I post 

Use the Ignore feature.  

how many hours of CNN do you consume weekly ? 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

You are delusional.  Keep kissing Don't ass and pretending he's perfect.  

I spread fear?  thats funny,  because I pointed out that Dandy Don, Reality TV "star" disbanded the Obama Administrations Pandemic Team?  

STFU?  Bravo my man.  What happened to freedom of speech?  Or does freedom of speech only apply to Don't Lemmings? 

Here's a clue.  If you don't like what I post 

Use the Ignore feature.  

This is wrong, no matter how many times you repeat it. When faced with the truth you just revert back to misinformation. 

• Like (+1) 4

Thumbnail

‘Why Is It A Racial Slur?’: Things Get Testy When Martha MacCallum Challenges Symone Sanders On ‘Chinese Coronavirus’

by Scott Morefield

Original Article

• Dark Money Progressive Groups Spending Millions to Politicize Coronavirus, Spread Fear

by Hannah Bleau

Original Article

Americans Overwhelmingly Approve of Trump’s Coronavirus Travel Ban

by Matt Margolis

Original Article

Here is the article from two pages back..........if you missed it.

Israeli Nobel Laureate: Coronavirus spread is slowing

Jerusalem Post, by Donna Rachel Edmunds

Original Article

Truckers need HELP! Trucker’s moving thread pleading with Americans about what truckers are going through NOW is a MUST-READ

THIS IS ENCOURAGING, IF IT CHECKS OUT: 

99% of Those Who Died From Virus Had Other Illness, Italy Says.

U.S. Air Force Flew Half a Million Coronavirus Test Swabs From Italy to Tennessee.

Coronavirus Inspires Clowns to Self-Identify.

Having glimpsed the horror and treason beneath the masks, don’t forget. Don’t let them put the mask of reasonableness back on. These are not reasonable people. These are not patriotic Americans. These are certainly not “smart” people. And as for principled… pfui.

• Like (+1) 2
    • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ScotSHO said:

Wow, I didn't know the mere mention of BNLs would trigger so many delicate egos.  I for one will have a little fun with my friends come July.  Similar to the SLIPKNOT concert last summer.  

To each his own. No need to prove your musical manhood to me.  ?

Edited by reddogblitz

Failures of the Administrative State in the Pandemic Crisis

by Ned Ryun

Original Article

Within the next couple of weeks, the American people will have a clearer sense of how great a challenge our nation faces in the months and potentially years ahead. Despite Democrats’ insistent focus on making this pandemic crisis about President Trump and his Administration—and the media happily jumping on that bandwagon—there are facts that cannot be ignored, and many of them are things the Democrat members of Congress (or former members of the Obama Administration) don’t want the American people to know. Recall that Democrats like David Axelrod and members of the Obama national security team attempted to claim that the Trump Administration had “gutted” or “eliminated”

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/18/2020 at 12:06 PM, B-Man said:

TRUMPLIBS-600x536.jpg

Post image

As the regulars know I am in support of medicare for all.  Just like I am in support of this financial help for the economy.  In times of crisis the government must step in and help people.  The reason I support M4A is because the american health system is in crisis imo.  So many people out of work soon will be without health insurance as it is tied to employment.  That is going to be one of the many problems resulting from the fallout of this pandemic.

On a different note, this is showing people's true colors like nothing I have seen before.  Some NBA players are stepping up to pay arena workers wage while their billionaire owners do nothing to help.  Some billion dollar companies are asking workers to share pto with co-workers while others like McDonald's and Starbucks are paying employees 2 weeks pay if they are quarantined.  I have been paying attention and will be speaking with my dollars to the companies that value their employees as human beings instead of cogs in a machine when this is all over.

I am still working (healthcare industry) and have had conversations with my wife about what to do with a stimulus check.  I want to donate it and am looking for appropriate ways to do so.  I urge any of you in the same boat to do the same if possible.

12 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I hope there is a better cure than this for people's sake.  My wife was on antimalarial drugs and they were horrible.  The side effects were worse than the problem she was prescribed them for.  There has been progress with rheumatoid arthritis drugs showing signs of being effective as well which were much less painful.  With everyone working in lock step hopefully this is solved soon!

• Thank you (+1) 2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RNA_virus

RNA virus

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search

An RNA virus is a virus that has RNA (ribonucleic acid) as its genetic material.[1] This nucleic acid is usually single-stranded RNA (ssRNA) but may be double-stranded RNA (dsRNA).[2] Notable human diseases caused by RNA viruses include Ebola virus disease, SARS, rabies, common cold, influenza, hepatitis C, hepatitis E, West Nile fever, polio, measles, and COVID-19.

The International Committee on Tax

Group III – dsRNA viruses[edit]

There are twelve families and a number of unassigned genera and species recognised in this group.[7]

Group IV – positive-sense ssRNA viruses[edit]

There are three orders and 34 families recognised in this group. In addition, there are a number of unclassified species and genera.

Satellite viruses

An unclassified astrovirus/hepevirus-like virus has also been described.[24]

Group V – negative-sense ssRNA viruses[edit]

With the exception of the Hepatitis D virus, this group of viruses have been placed into a single phylum—Negarnaviricota. This phylum has been divided into two subphyla—Haploviricotina and Polyploviricotina. Within the subphylum Haploviricotina four classes are currently recognised: Chunqiuviricetes, Milneviricetes, Monjiviricetes and Yunchangviricetes. In the subphylum Polyploviricotina two classes are recognised: Ellioviricetes and Insthoviricetes.

Six classes, seven orders and twenty four families are currently recognised in this group. A number of unassigned species and genera are yet to be classified.[7]

Gallery

Characteristics[edit]

Single-stranded RNA viruses and RNA Sense[edit]

RNA viruses can be further classified according to the sense or polarity of their RNA into negative-sense and positive-sense, or ambisense RNA viruses. Positive-sense viral RNA is similar to mRNA and thus can be immediately translated by the host cell. Negative-sense viral RNA is complementary to mRNA and thus must be converted to positive-sense RNA by an RNA-dependent RNA polymerase before translation. As such, purified RNA of a positive-sense virus can directly cause infection though it may be less infectious than the whole virus particle. Purified RNA of a negative-sense virus is not infectious by itself as it needs to be transcribed into positive-sense RNA; each virion can be transcribed to several positive-sense RNAs. Ambisense RNA viruses resemble negative-sense RNA viruses, except they also translate genes from the negative strand.[5]

Double-stranded RNA viruses[edit]

Further information: Double-stranded RNA viruses
    220px-Structure_of_the_reovirus_virion.p

Structure of the reovirus virion

The double-stranded (ds)RNA viruses represent a diverse group of viruses that vary widely in host range (humans, animals, plants, fungi, and bacteria), genome segment number (one to twelve), and virion organization (Triangulation number, capsid layers, spikes, turrets, etc.). Members of this group include the rotaviruses, renowned globally as the most common cause of gastroenteritis in young children, and picobirnaviruses, renowned worldwide as the most commonly occurring virus in fecal samples of both humans and animals with or without signs of diarrhea. Bluetongue virus is an economically important pathogen of cattle and sheep. In recent years, remarkable progress has been made in determining, at atomic and subnanometeric levels, the structures of a number of key viral proteins and of the virion capsids of several dsRNA viruses, highlighting the significant parallels in the structure and replicative processes of many of these viruses.[2]

Mutation rates[edit]

RNA viruses generally have very high mutation rates compared to DNA viruses,[6] because viral RNA polymerases lack the proofreading ability of DNA polymerases.[7] This is one reason why it is difficult to make effective vaccines to prevent diseases caused by RNA viruses.[8] Retroviruses also have a high mutation rate even though their DNA intermediate integrates into the host genome (and is thus subject to host DNA proofreading once integrated), because errors during reverse transcription are embedded into both strands of DNA before integration.[9] Some genes of RNA virus are important to the viral replication cycles and mutations are not tolerated. For example, the region of the hepatitis C virus genome that encodes the core protein is highly conserved,[10] because it contains an RNA structure involved in an internal ribosome entry site.[11]

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

8 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Was there some particular reason you needed to copy and paste most of the wikipedia entry?

Just showing how many different family's RNA virus there are.  Lots of them lol. 

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Ya heard zinc and Chloroquine  are very good. Very nice post.

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, section122 said:

Post image

As the regulars know I am in support of medicare for all.  Just like I am in support of this financial help for the economy.  In times of crisis the government must step in and help people.  The reason I support M4A is because the american health system is in crisis imo.  So many people out of work soon will be without health insurance as it is tied to employment.  That is going to be one of the many problems resulting from the fallout of this pandemic.

On a different note, this is showing people's true colors like nothing I have seen before.  Some NBA players are stepping up to pay arena workers wage while their billionaire owners do nothing to help.  Some billion dollar companies are asking workers to share pto with co-workers while others like McDonald's and Starbucks are paying employees 2 weeks pay if they are quarantined.  I have been paying attention and will be speaking with my dollars to the companies that value their employees as human beings instead of cogs in a machine when this is all over.

I am still working (healthcare industry) and have had conversations with my wife about what to do with a stimulus check.  I want to donate it and am looking for appropriate ways to do so.  I urge any of you in the same boat to do the same if possible.

I hope there is a better cure than this for people's sake.  My wife was on antimalarial drugs and they were horrible.  The side effects were worse than the problem she was prescribed them for.  There has been progress with rheumatoid arthritis drugs showing signs of being effective as well which were much less painful.  With everyone working in lock step hopefully this is solved soon!

You need to do a little research on this subject before spouting off nonsense. Just off the top of my head Mark Cuban and Terry & Kim Pegula come to mind as people who are making auditorium workers whole. 

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You need to do a little research on this subject before spouting off nonsense. Just off the top of my head Mark Cuban and Terry & Kim Pegula come to mind as people who are making auditorium workers whole. 

Read that again. 

I said some players while their team owners.

I didn't say all owners.  I didn't say all billionaires.

I even went further into companies and how some are doing good and others are handling this poorly.

I even went further about how I will use my dollars to support companies that are handling this the right way (imo).

I purposely stay away from sweeping generalizations as they are always wrong. Perhaps reread things before spouting off?

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This is the Streisand effect though isn't it?  I don't think anyone is watching Central China tv for news and likely never would have seen this clip without him retweeting it.  Sometimes not reacting and responding to stupidity is the best action.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, section122 said:

Read that again. 

I said some players while their team owners.

I didn't say all owners.  I didn't say all billionaires.

I even went further into companies and how some are doing good and others are handling this poorly.

I even went further about how I will use my dollars to support companies that are handling this the right way (imo).

I purposely stay away from sweeping generalizations as they are always wrong. Perhaps reread things before spouting off?

"Some NBA players are stepping up to pay arena workers wage while their billionaire owners do nothing to help."  Sounds like a one sided statement to me. First rule of PPP: don't try to put one over on people. Someone will be sure to notice. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, section122 said:

This is the Streisand effect though isn't it?  I don't think anyone is watching Central China tv for news and likely never would have seen this clip without him retweeting it.  Sometimes not reacting and responding to stupidity is the best action.

The difference is that major western media outlets take this and run with it in their own copy because they are knee deep in CCP money and have an agenda against this administration. If we had an honest media, yes, no one would see this. But we don't. We have lots (not all) enemies of the people pretending to be "journalists" who won't bite the hand that feeds them. 

• Like (+1) 1
    • Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, section122 said:

Post image

Hey Sect--I appreciate your posts but at times I can't wrap my head around your view of the world. This thing about medicare for all...remove the commercial element from this (and virtually every other element of the medical system), entrust it all to the government and we end up with a clusterf*ck of major proportions.   And the boogeymen...what's with all the boogeymen everywhere?  The players referenced are generally multi-millionaires, and while I applaud what they do, the reality is that before a player ever dipped his hand into his pocket...the owner paid the people impacted to begin wth.  In addition, as so often happens, when a wealthy person gives regularly, it's not huge news and it's not generally accompanied by a tweet.  Like many individuals, some companies won't have the cash flow to sustain employees regardless of what you think might be the right thing to do.  Honestly, even Cuomo's directive to require 75% work from home causes a small business like mine major hardship.  It's just not as simple as "Send them home, and pay them".  For what it's worth, I have paid my employees when out disability for extended an extended time (full pay, no deductions) for illness and injury, allowed folks personal time when going through difficult times at home--but it's typically done quietly and behind the scenes.  I just don't understand demonizing people, and likely, hurting the employees of the companies you choose to blacklist when you can't be 100% sure they weren't doing something noble, decent, but not celebrated on twitter.

32 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

"Some NBA players are stepping up to pay arena workers wage while their billionaire owners do nothing to help."  Sounds like a one sided statement to me. First rule of PPP: don't try to put one over on people. Someone will be sure to notice. 

The first rule of PPP is actually, "You're an idiot."

Though what you said is the second rule.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Foxx said:

with roughly half the reported cases, Italy has just surpassed China in fatalities.

Gawd...stop quoting any china stats....I thought you regulars were pretty much on the thought process they cooked up this virus to overthrow DT or they knew about in November and would not tell anyone  or it was part of the Wuhan secret reseach center...  or they deceived this and that ........aaaaannnnnddddd now we can believe them

Edited by TH3

6 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Gawd...stop quoting any china stats....I thought you regulars were pretty much on the thought process they cooked up this virus to overthrow DT or they knew about in November and would not tell anyone  or it was part of the Wuhan secret reseach center...  or they deceived this and that ........aaaaannnnnddddd now we can believe them

See the source image

• Haha (+1) 1