The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

3 hours ago, Kemp said:

https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-usa-idUSKBN2851R6

Turning the corner.

And driving into oncoming traffic.

Trump quickly acts on this news by going to a meeting of nutjobs with Corporal Shoe Polish.

not in person though just via the phone being held up to the mic...kind of feels like what his rallies will be like in the U.S. when he's hiding out in Russia after losing the protections of the Oval Office.

• Like (+1) 2

Not sure if this was discussed previously, but there's a recent press release that Dr. Zev's HCQ data has been published in a journal.  Thought I'd post to discuss.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0924857920304258?fbclid=IwAR2ThVW8heoWpjCJNALqNZOklRcDarS9csetteKE_jpT8U0l3-SH6IeJDHg

In short, this data is essentially worthless.  The biggest problem is his control group, which he got from some public index that only reveals hospitalization and outcome.  There are no age or co-morbidities to compare with the treated groups, and that's a death blow.

He also has a large percentage of treatment patients under 60 and even the cohort over 60 the median age is 67.  Treatment group #s 141, control 377.

Thing is, I think as a physician he could have applied and got access to the control patient data so he could have age matched and stratified with the treatment groups.  I doubt that oversight is accidental. 

I'm pretty confident of this but need to check with the physicians I work with.

Not familiar with viral journals but I imagine the publisher is a third rate journal that will enjoy the attention Dr. Zev's article brings.

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

I wish we could see a chart that had republicans/democrats on who was catching the virus in the American rise.

Meanwhile Trump doesn't give a ***** about it.

He’s literally got the vaccine coming out in like two weeks.  

That’s comedy 

On 11/23/2020 at 4:11 PM, Big Blitz said:

Did we miss this other conveniently wait till after the election news story

The only study I've found on long term side effects.  I guess it's decades long immunity.  

#SaferAtHome

#AllRiggedThisTogether

This is more or less a "projective" study -- I'm sure scientists have a better name for it -- that takes the limited evidence from recovered covid-19 patients and projects forward.   Covid-19 has been around for less than a year, so there's no concrete evidence how long immunity actually lasts.  What the researchers did was study how the level of antibodies decreased over the span of a few months in a group of recovered Covid-19 patients and projected that forward.   Is that valid?   I don't know.   The study was published on the internet rather than in a traditional medical journal and hasn't been peer-reviewed.

What we do know is that while most people who contract covid-19 don't die from it, some individuals suffer long term heart, respiratory, and/or neurological effects -- so-called "long haulers".  We don't know if these effects eventually disappear, diminish or are permanent.  

9 hours ago, Big Blitz said:
I knowingly post false information.

Luckily no one here is stupid enough to believe anything you post.

So funny your kind is so defiant yet wondering why there is a spike.... Hmm...

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, TBBills said:

Luckily no one here is stupid enough to believe anything you post.

So funny your kind is so defiant yet wondering why there is a spike.... Hmm...

Lol so funny hahaha so funny....

Look....that's just another example of why I know your "kind" are the ones not taking it seriously.  Yea....its all your fault.  

So tell me low info child bot.  Who's "kind" is behind the exact same coinciding spikes all over Europe, Canada, and pretty much everywhere else?

Try and use science this time, like I did with a peer reviewed paper that the author immediately withdrew when they saw "yea, looks like it wasn't the masks."  

My guess is you, can't.  Because you don't have a functional independent mind of your own capable of processing anything other then "Republicans bad."

Data low info bot can't explain.  

20201127_110915.jpg

Edited by Big Blitz

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Look....that's just another example of why I know your "kind" are the ones not taking it seriously.  Yea....its all your fault.  

So tell me low info child bot.  Who's "kind" is behind the exact same coinciding spikes all over Europe, Canada, and pretty much everywhere else?

Try and use science this time, like I did with a peer reviewed paper that the author immediately withdrew when they saw "yea, looks like it wasn't the masks."  

My guess is you, can't.  Because you don't have a functional independent mind of your own capable of processing anything other then "Republicans bad."

20201127_110915.jpg

I can definitely tell it comes from the republicans no mask protests and the rallies held with no masks from Trump supporters.

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

I can definitely tell it comes from the republicans no mask protests and the rallies held with no masks from Trump supporters.

Trump held madkless rallies in Kansas, Illinois, and California?  And along the way had many across Europe?

My mind is blown. 

Can you post that data please?  

Thanks.  

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Trump held madkless rallies in Kansas, Illinois, and California?  And along the way had many across Europe?

My mind is blown. 

Can you post that data please?  

Thanks.  

See you are talking about America when your are trying to ***** in everyone who isn't Trump, than the second someone shuts your mouth you decide to run away to Europe. Most of Europe doesn't like Trump either.

You are very ignorant.

Edited by TBBills

10 minutes ago, TBBills said:

See you are talking about America when your are trying to ***** in everyone who isn't Trump, than the second someone shuts your mouth you decide to run away to Europe. Most of Europe doesn't like Trump either.

You are very ignorant.

Wow.  I thought maybe you were 23.  Now I'm concerned I'm talking to a helpless 14 year old.

Since this was over your head let me talk slower............

You blamed "cases" on Trump rallies in respone to my data in a paper about masks working....which was pulled when they saw they didn't.  

So I asked you what Trump rallies happened in Illinois or California or even Europe where the virus is behaving and surging the exact same way.

But you can't respond to that.  Thats usually the sign of a hack and a very low info individual.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Wow.  I thought maybe you were 23.  Now I'm concerned I'm talking to a helpless 14 year old.

Since this was over your head let me talk slower............

You blamed "cases" on Trump rallies in respone to my data in a paper about masks working....which was pulled when they saw they didn't.  

So I asked you what Trump rallies happened in Illinois or California or even Europe where the virus is behaving and surging the exact same way.

But you can't respond to that.  Thats usually the sign of a hack and a very low info individual.

I was just making fun of your mask debate. The masks work... If you wear it properly. People take their mask down all the time or only out over mouths nd breath through nose.

Imagine what the numbers would look like if no one used masks. You don't care about hospital workers though so keep pretending like you are on top of some crazy conspiracy to force people to wear masks.

You do know they have protests in illinois and California... 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo.com/amphtml/trump-supporters-rally-schaumburg-illinois-084637134.html

Look at all those Trumpies with no masks.

What's funny is this one is great timing from the spike we are NOW seeing.

Edited by TBBills

9 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

20201127_110915.jpg

Brilliant, you have a graph.

1st there is no nation-wide mask mandate, it is a recommendation that individial idiots may not follow and enforcement varies from state to state and in the case of KS the home of this study enforcement varies county to county.

The CDC info on KS mask wearing efficacy:

The governor of Kansas issued an executive order requiring wearing masks in public spaces, effective July 3, 2020, which was subject to county authority to opt out.

After July 3, COVID-19 incidence decreased in 24 counties with mask mandates but continued to increase in 81 counties without mask mandates.

der-t-der flat earthers... it is not like the science around viruses and how they can be transmitted is a new thing.

Wearing a mask and social distancing cuts down on transmission. Those are just the facts.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WideNine said:

Brilliant, you have a graph.

1st there is no nation-wide mask mandate, it is a recommendation that individial idiots may not follow and enforcement varies from state to state and in the case of KS the home of this study enforcement varies county to county.

Correct.  I have data.  

You don't.  

You want to politicize it (low info way) by saying spikes are happening bc Trump voters won't wear them. 

That very accusation is why no one can take this seriously; especially as we continue to see pictures and video all over social media going on......9 months now.....of people like the "world's sexiest doctor" out partying mask less.  After lecturing us about going out without a mask is the height of irresponsibility you see.

And good for him.  

The "blame" for 60K false positives but f it just call em cases! a day being put on Trump voters by the Maoists and the media is some real next level stupid.  If they aren't wearing them in Michigan now, they sure as heck weren't in May.  Where were the spikes in Michigan in June that you see now?

That burning I smell thru my phone are the gears inside statists brains trying to wrap their head around logic.  All they see is orange man bad.  

The only thing they hate more then feeling like they cant control everything is being wrong about everything. 

Edited by Big Blitz

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Correct.  I have data.  

You don't.  

You want to politicize it (low info way) by saying spikes are happening bc Trump voters won't wear them. 

That very accusation is why no one can take this seriously; especially as we continue to see pictures and video all over social media going on......9 months now.....of people like the "world's sexiest doctor" out partying mask less.  After lecturing us about going out without a mask is the height of irresponsibility you see.

And good for him.  

The "blame" for 60K false positives but f it just call em cases! a day being put on Trump voters by the Maoists and the media is some real next level stupid.  If they aren't wearing them in Michigan now, they sure as heck weren't in May.  Where were the spikes in Michigan in June that you see now?

That burning I smell thru my phone are the gears inside statists brains trying to wrap their head around logic.  All they see is orange man bad.  

The only thing they hate more then feeling like they cant control everything is being wrong about everything. 

I see orange man gone! 😂😂😂

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

The study quoted in this article was pulled by John Hopkins for having inaccurate data.

The study claims to use CDC data to prove that there is no evidence of excess deaths in the USA this year. I find this hard to believe considering the CDC has directly said the exact opposite:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6942e2.htm#:~:text=conduct all analyses.-,From January 26%2C 2020%2C through October 3%2C 2020%2C,excess) (Figure 1).

From January 26, 2020, through October 3, 2020, an estimated 299,028 more persons than expected have died in the United States.

That data shows that, if anything, we have underestimated covid deaths this year.

• Like (+1) 3

Here's another chart that shows the same trend:

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/excess-mortality-p-scores?tab=chart&stackMode=absolute&time=earliest..2020-10-18&country=~USA&region=World

So every week since the pandemic began, the USA has seen anywhere from 5% to 45% more deaths in a given week than would be expected in a normal year. Unfortunately I expect the downward trend on this chart to be reversed when it's updated over the next couple months.

3 hours ago, TBBills said:

Get your fake ***** out of here you racist.

so this is gonna be your thing? Just call anyone who disagrees with you a racist? Despite having zero evidence of it.  This is the behavior of immature self unsure people. You need to get out of your comfort zone 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

so this is gonna be your thing? Just call anyone who disagrees with you a racist? Despite having zero evidence of it.  This is the behavior of immature self unsure people. You need to get out of your comfort zone 

Nope, just you with your propaganda bull####.

6 hours ago, HappyDays said:

That data shows that, if anything, we have underestimated covid deaths this year.

198K of that 299K is attributed to Covid.  

Meaning that something else killed 100K plus people.  

Lockdowns killed.  Period.  

And we've peaked and survived and were not overwhelmed while handling both Covid AND usual patient load....

I believe I said 100 million infected last week...the CDC can confirm....

And it looks like that is what's going to begin in the next 2 weeks....

Edited by Big Blitz

4 hours ago, Commsvet11 said:

This is false.

Prove it... B.c of the talk from the hospital staff themselves is they are.

Over 90,000 people in the hospital alone just from Covid right now. Most ever during the pandemic, thanks Trump.

Edited by TBBills

43 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Prove it... B.c of the talk from the hospital staff themselves is they are.

Well I work at a large hospital, I’m part of a clinical staff. 

Since you based your declaration on talk from some hospital staff, my words should be enough proof for you.

1 hour ago, Commsvet11 said:

Well I work at a large hospital, I’m part of a clinical staff. 

Since you based your declaration on talk from some hospital staff, my words should be enough proof for you.

Hard to believe when I get different stories talking to friends and family that work in same fields.

Didn't realize you are a puppet name, you will be ignored for your lies.

Edited by TBBills

29 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Hard to believe when I get different stories talking to friends and family that work in same fields.

Let me try and connect a common theme from these stories.

Short staff, long hours, packed ER, short supplies? 

That is every day life in healthcare. Not just when covid hit. 

19 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

198K of that 299K is attributed to Covid.  

Meaning that something else killed 100K plus people.  

Lockdowns killed.  Period.  

In areas where the medical systems were -- or are -- being overwhelmed by covid-19 hospitalizations, people who suffer from other life-threatening illnesses or traumas were/are likely to not receive the same quality of care in as timely a manner as they would have received in normal times.   That undoubtedly contributed to many of the excess deaths.  Other people with chronic conditions may have suffered symptoms that were warning signs of deteriorating health but choose not to see a doctor or go to an emergency room because of their fear of contracting Covid-19, so their deaths would contribute to the total of "unexpected" deaths.  I'm not sure if suicides or deaths from drugs/alcohol have increased, but I would expect that those would increase as the stress from the continuing pandemic have had negative effects on mental health.