The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Then here’s a more blunt way to put it:  grow up.  You likely learned as a child that two wrongs don’t make a right.  So act like an adult instead of a three year old.

You don't like it out me on ignore but I am not gonna let some crazy Trumpies act like pieces of ***** in this forum and not give them the same ***** back. They do not deserve an adults response to childish posts.

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

You don't like it out me on ignore but I am not gonna let some crazy Trumpies act like pieces of ***** in this forum and not give them the same ***** back. They do not deserve an adults response to childish posts.

Acting like a child towards a child is a really rational approach.  You’re being ridiculous.

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Acting like a child towards a child is a really rational approach.  You’re being ridiculous.

Wrong put me on ignore. Don't give a ***** about how you feel all the sudden. You should go talk to them maybe they will change for you (They won't b.c you don't support Trump)

Just now, TBBills said:

Wrong put me on ignore. Don't give a ***** about how you feel all the sudden. You should go talk to them maybe they will change for you (They won't b.c you don't support Trump)

So that’s the answer?  Instead of engaging in actual dialog your answer is anyone who doesn’t agree with your childish antics should just ignore you?  

No.  Absolutely no.  Biden has said he wants to be a President for all Americans.  You might want to model his approach.  This country is doomed unless we put aside the kind of crap you and Trumpists spew.  You’re the opposite sides of the same toxic coin.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

So that’s the answer?  Instead of engaging in actual dialog your answer is anyone who doesn’t agree with your childish antics should just ignore you?  

No.  Absolutely no.  Biden has said he wants to be a President for all Americans.  You might want to model his approach.  This country is doomed unless we put aside the kind of crap you and Trumpists spew.  You’re the opposite sides of the same toxic coin.

What dialogue, you didn't say anything political. You just said you don't like what I said and I said you can out me in ignore... What other dialogue needs to go with that?

Go deal with something else, I don't have the care for this back and forth over nothing political.

Edited by TBBills

4 minutes ago, TBBills said:

What dialogue, you didn't say anything political. You just said you don't like what I said and I said you can out me in ignore... What other dialogue needs to go with that?

Go deal with something else, I don't have the care for this back and forth over nothing political.

It is political.  Continuing to spew childish insults at those you don’t agree with keeps political progress from happening in this country.  

The majority of people in this country recognize the political parties have to start finding common ground to address many of the things that desperately need solutions.  This partisan crap has to stop.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Exactly. Well said. If Biden supporters want to show Trump supporters how it’s supposed to be...they have one chance to make a first impression. What I’ve been reading on this board doesn’t give me much Hope for a Change.

I would say there’s no single chance, single moment in all this. We will have to stop believing we are not each of us hypocritical. That each of us is not flawed. Forgive some trespasses. Listen and dialog with each other. And argue. 

But set aside the idea that the other guy is the leader of a dark specter of evil and instead accept that he’s a different person with different views, some of which might be right because each of us is imperfect (gasp!!!). 

16 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

There is a lot of reasonableness in the threads this morning. Is there hope for a better PPP? 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, shoshin said:

There is a lot of reasonableness in the threads this morning. Is there hope for a better PPP? 

As long as they stick to parlor and the other Bills site I see no problems. They won't though b.c they want to spread Poison wherever they can.

2 minutes ago, TBBills said:

As long as they stick to parlor and the other Bills site I see no problems. They won't though b.c they want to spread Poison wherever they can.

Because the problem is one sided and you contribute nothing to it, right?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Because the problem is one sided and you contribute nothing to it, right?

If the problem with this world was all down to PPP Sub-forum thread with me and a few trolls than things would be different... But it isn't so the problem is definitely lopsided towards the conspiracy side.

17 minutes ago, ALF said:

Canada had their Thanksgiving  October 12 ,  on Monday a semi lockdown of Toronto for 28 days.  So many people here ignoring advice not to travel plus college students going home what could go wrong.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/21/americas/toronto-lockdown-covid-intl/index.html

Just have to let it happen and in the middle of December when we are supposed to celebrate Christmas people will be mourning the loses of loved ones that couldn't fight the battle.

But hey masks are useless, Covid was a democratic hoax, it will be gone by summer of 2020, it will be gone after the election. Trump has done a number on this country.

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

If the problem with this world was all down to PPP Sub-forum thread with me and a few trolls than things would be different... But it isn't so the problem is definitely lopsided towards the conspiracy side.

Dude 

You REALLY need to invest in a mirror. 
If the ability to spew this type hatred is what you fought so hard to win then I feel sorry for the future of the country. Lighten up Francis! 

Edited by SoCal Deek

9 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Toronto going into a pretty strict lockdown except for schools. Is the US the only place that’s kept schools closed throughout?

What do you mean schools are not closed. In florida they have been open since the beginning of the school year.

Watching 60 minutes piece on Covid long term effects...

These healthy fit young people dealing with things after Covid are insane. We know that Covid attacks every part of the body but watching this lady used to be a trainer now she can barely lift a bag of groceries.

The long term effects are slowly starting to show, we saw football players with heart problems taken out of college year. It seems to be showing worse things in the long term with some people even healthy fit you adults.

14 hours ago, shoshin said:

Toronto going into a pretty strict lockdown except for schools. Is the US the only place that’s kept schools closed throughout?

Yes because they're following the science.  The areas in the US keeping the schools closed  will be viewed as one of the biggest mistakes made throughout the pandemic.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Over the top? The only thing that's changed with regard to COVID is the population's numbness to it. We're entering a period now where infections and deaths are going to surpass the highest they've ever been. You know that thing that everyone was worried about in January that already happened and was a global catastrophe? Well, it's happening again, and it's likely going to be much worse. The blame for what's happening ultimately lies with the stupid, selfish, and greedy people that inhabit this third world country. Nothing like going bankrupt and dying of a disease we could have mitigated just to own the libs. 

I get it, Karen is bored. I don't care. Stay the ***** home and let's end this thing instead of dragging it out for another 2+ years.

Yes.  Shutting down small businesses like restaurants and gyms despite the strict hygiene procedures they follow is over the top.  I'm all for avoiding mass gatherings, stringent mask requirements, practice and enforcing social distancing, and strict quarantine requirements when testing positive.  You're killing people's livelihoods though with shutting down those small businesses.  There just isn't enough evidence that these strict lockdowns work.

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

There's always a tweet.

All his Obama and Ebola tweets people should keep in mind one very important detail when they (not saying you are) try to show this makes Trump a hypocrite..

And that detail is that it was EBOLA.  

Not a virus with a 99.96% survival rate.    

4 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

All his Obama and Ebola tweets people should keep in mind one very important detail when they (not saying you are) try to show this makes Trump a hypocrite..

That's true.  Ebola killed zero Americans while Covid's killed over 250,000.  Much more appropriate to criticize Obama in that situation.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Doc Brown said:

That's true.  Ebola killed zero Americans while Covid's killed over 250,000.  Much more appropriate to criticize Obama in that situation.

Distorting the facts: An American doctor who had treated Ebola patients in Sierra Leone died.

263,000 : 0 1

16 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Distorting the facts: An American doctor who had treated Ebola patients in Sierra Leone died.

263,000 : 0 1

Didn't know that.  I'll give Congressional Republicans credit for not doing a two and a half year 7.8 million dollar investigation on it.

Did we miss this other conveniently wait till after the election news story

The only study I've found on long term side effects.  I guess it's decades long immunity.  

#SaferAtHome

#AllRiggedThisTogether

Edited by Big Blitz

14 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Did we miss this other conveniently wait till after the election news story

The only study I've found on long term side effects.  I guess it's decades long immunity.  

#SaferAtHome

#AllRiggedThisTogether

Any study on how long death from Covid lasts?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, shoshin said:

Any study on how long death from Covid lasts?

No.

This isn't lives vs death its lives vs lives.  

But living in fear of death isn't living. 

Stay home and isolate if you don't want to catch anything.   

And fyi the virus is currently plateauing and declining in the Midwest just like it has everywhere else.  

IFR still plummeting.  

31 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

And fyi the virus is currently plateauing and declining in the Midwest just like it has everywhere else.  

IFR still plummeting.  

A peak would be welcome. The data for the next 8-10 days is going to be a mess because of the holiday. 

We've had some head-fakes before on this rise and Thanksgiving may not help.

Edited by shoshin

12 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

These people are clueless.  

And this guy is a disgrace.

21 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

17 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

You got owned, and you proved you are clueless and a disgrace.