The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Haha.  Again.  I can't relate to this.

Claims to speak for "everyone" and they all think like him.  That's some serious insecurity issues.

Claims no one is listening to me or taking me seriously.

Yet can't stop replying to me.  

When you grow up are you going to be one of those guys that buys a big truck or something to over compensate for what you lack in certain other areas?  

Mask up bro.  

So Giuliani, his traveling circus, and the rest of the maskless GOP idiots all gathered together in AZ and Rudy contracts Covid.

Now the GOP closes their legislative sessions "out of an abundance of caution". 

Yeah, NOW that you, your family, and friends have all been exposed, you exercise an abundance of caution - morons.

The flat earth Repubtard party are literally lemmings running off a cliff along with Covid Don the con. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, WideNine said:

So Giuliani, his traveling circus, and the rest of the maskless GOP idiots all gathered together in AZ and Rudy contracts Covid.

Now the GOP closes their legislative sessions "out of an abundance of caution". 

Yeah, NOW that you, your family, and friends have all been exposed, you exercise an abundance of caution - morons.

The flat earth Repubtard party are literally lemmings running off a cliff along with Covid Don the con. 

Huh? 

I've got a bunch of down ballot and state results that say the "Repubtards" put a shellacking on the Cancel Culture Party.  So good work Don the Con.  

But cool you at least you get to sign some executive orders 

40 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Huh? 

I've got a bunch of down ballot and state results that say the "Repubtards" put a shellacking on the Cancel Culture Party.  So good work Don the Con.  

But cool you at least you get to sign some executive orders 

Yep, that is because the AOC and Bernie crowd are just as out of touch and drove away moderates in the burbs.

Policies and actions stand on their own merits. Just because there is a large amount of stupid people embracing a policy doesn't make it the smart move.

For example, if Trump told people to smack themselves in the head with a hammer and 4,000,000 stupid people did just that would it elevate that act to something intelligent?

No.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1

We're at over 80% mask compliance as a country based on actual data collected by the most significant mask wearing data base on the planet:

https://delphi.cmu.edu/covidcast/?sensor=fb-survey-smoothed_wearing_mask&level=county&date=20201203&signalType=value&encoding=color&mode=overview&region=42003

Notice the deep blue regions = over 90% mask compliance.  Chicago and....all of California.

All hot spots of supposed Covid Cases!*

We've been at these numbers for months.  

Didn't stop the "outbreaks" they tell us our are fault.   

As a devout member of the cult of science I'm really curious as to why the masks have proven to be so ineffective.  

3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

This is a brutal story. To think that America didn’t buy all available vaccines it could from an American company is a tough pill to swallow and some really bad leadership, again, in the pandemic. 

• Like (+1) 2

Crazy! This is insane. 

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article247680010.html

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement on Monday raided the home of a former Department of Health data analyst who has been running an alternative web site to the state’s COVID dashboard, alleging that she may have broken into a state email system and sent an unauthorized message to employees.

But Rebekah Jones, who was was fired from her job in May as the geographic information system manager for DOH’s Division of Disease Control and Health Protection and who has since filed a whistleblower complaint against the state, denied having any role in the alleged intrusion into the state web site and instead said she believes Monday’s action was intended to silence her.

Jones said state police came into her house at 8:30 a.m., at gunpoint and, over the course of three hours, swept her house and took her cell phone and several laptops that contained COVID-19 data that she has accumulated over several months.

TOP ARTICLES

"Deliberately let it spread around the world.....it did more then kill millions.....it influenced how you voted......over 73% of Americans voted by mail....an over 80% increase nothing like we've ever seen before."  

Coup.  Bio Attack.  Not just about taking down Trump.  It was about replacing America as THE world's superpower.  Not just militarily.  All major economic decisions run thru China.  If the behavior of our politicians, media, and Silicon Valley haven't made that clear to you yet, you might be a moron.  Also, if you're good with it bc well you hate racist America anyway and hey it just might help my "team" politically then cool, you might also be a moron.  

The only thing that will be left standing are big wholesale chains, mega corporations; and the little guy is done.  

Good thing we elected a POTUS that will stand up to China and fight for the little guy here in America:

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

"Deliberately let it spread around the world.....it did more then kill millions.....it influenced how you voted......over 73% of Americans voted by mail....an over 80% increase nothing like we've ever seen before."  

Coup.  Bio Attack.  Not just about taking down Trump.  It was about replacing America as THE world's superpower.  Not just militarily.  All major economic decisions run thru China.  If the behavior of our politicians, media, and Silicon Valley haven't made that clear to you yet, you might be a moron.  Also, if you're good with it bc well you hate racist America anyway and hey it just might help my "team" politically then cool, you might also be a moron.  

The only thing that will be left standing are big wholesale chains, mega corporations; and the little guy is done.  

Good thing we elected a POTUS that will stand up to China and fight for the little guy here in America:

The biggest threat to America and to "democracy and freedom world-wide since World War II" is Donald Trump, and he proves it over and over again.   He's the one who tried to use the pandemic to try to get the elections "postponed" (ie, never to be held) and he's one who tried to stop mail-in balloting before the election, and he's the one who's been trying to overturn the election with bogus election fraud claims since the day he lost.  He's also attempting to foment sedition by pressuring Republican state officials to break the law and declare him the winner in their states despite the election results and court rulings.  

• Like (+1) 2

China is a problem. 

We've just witnessed a month of a president trying to subvert the democratic process based on evidence being laughed out of courts, which thankfully stood firm. I'd say that was a bigger threat to the world than china, which is totally dependent on us and the biggest threat to which is the voice of its own people. If that's true, then listening to citizens and recognizing their democratic voice is the biggest threat to China. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, shoshin said:

China is a problem. 

We've just witnessed a month of a president trying to subvert the democratic process based on evidence being laughed out of courts, which thankfully stood firm. I'd say that was a bigger threat to the world than china, which is totally dependent on us and the biggest threat to which is the voice of its own people. If that's true, then listening to citizens and recognizing their democratic voice is the biggest threat to China. 

So what you're saying (and apparently don't even know it)  is that letting our system of checks and balances work through it's process is a threat to our system? In the future, it would be far better if we just went straight to the result you want and dispense with all of this silly transparency?

57 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So what you're saying (and apparently don't even know it)  is that letting our system of checks and balances work through it's process is a threat to our system? In the future, it would be far better if we just went straight to the result you want and dispense with all of this silly transparency?

I take it you were a fan of the Russia inquiry and impeachment proceedings then. Just checks and balances at work right?

Challenging the system with baseless allegations not rooted in evidence by a sitting president should not be something anyone advocates for. Especially when the accusations he makes publicly make it nowhere near the courts. That’s what puppet dictators do.

Challenging the system by surveillance presidential candidates, same. 

The Ukraine inquiry had legs IMO but the impeachment was a sham. 

Edited by shoshin
  • Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, shoshin said:

I take it you were a fan of the Russia inquiry and impeachment proceedings then. Just checks and balances at work right?

Challenging the system with baseless allegations not rooted in evidence by a sitting president should not be something anyone advocates for. Especially when the accusations he makes publicly make it nowhere near the courts. That’s what puppet dictators do.

There you go!  Nice! 

Russia investigation, sham! 

Surveillance of presidential candidates/weaponization of Intelligence, bad! 
Impeachment grift, sham!  

How come we only get to puppet dictator status when the courts are involved?  

10 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Because if the Thief in Chief hasn't limited himself to embarrassing court appearances that have been routinely denied with prejudice.  He tried to stop counting of ballots, sought to disenfranchise entire cities and states and tried to get state legislatures and governors to go against the voted results in their states to install him illegally.

Edited by Scraps
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The people behind these policies are going to be judged very harshly by history.  Not just because they have permanently altered and destroyed the lives and development of our kids that their narcissism won't allow them to see.  But because we did it based on how the Commies do it in one small area of their country.  This gift from China was airborne globally in December and we let the "experts" many of which are over 65 dictate what we absolutely must do without evidence the policies work.  

If your first reaction to these stories is "we could have stopped this virus if not for....."

You're a seriously delusional individual.

If anything, that thought should end with "China."  The WHO is also acceptable.

Anyone advocating this is one or maybe all of the following:

1. Government employee on salary 

2. Has no kids between ages 4 and 15

3. Is just an irrational data denying dupe 

I will say....in my opinion it is NOT the lockdown distancing policies themselves that are destroying our kids.

Its that they are presented in a way by our horrific detestable elitist leaders that don't understand how hopeless they make everything sound.  No justification.  No goals.  Doom and gloom media 24/7.

Trump said we'd be open by Easter in the darkest hour of this thing and he was VILLIFIED for it.  That's how sick these people are.    

11 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

The people behind these policies are going to be judged very harshly by history.  Not just because they have permanently altered and destroyed the lives and development of our kids that their narcissism won't allow them to see.  But because we did it based on how the Commies do it in one small area of their country.  This gift from China was airborne globally in December and we let the "experts" many of which are over 65 dictate what we absolutely must do without evidence the policies work.  

If your first reaction to these stories is "we could have stopped this virus if not for....."

You're a seriously delusional individual.

If anything, that thought should end with "China."  The WHO is also acceptable.

Anyone advocating this is one or maybe all of the following:

1. Government employee on salary 

2. Has no kids between ages 4 and 15

3. Is just an irrational data denying dupe 

I will say....in my opinion it is NOT the lockdown distancing policies themselves that are destroying our kids.

Its that they are presented in a way by our horrific detestable elitist leaders that don't understand how hopeless they make everything sound.  No justification.  No goals.  Doom and gloom media 24/7.

Trump said we'd be open by Easter in the darkest hour of this thing and he was VILLIFIED for it.  That's how sick these people are.    

yep think of the kids.

• Like (+1) 1

CFR and IFR plummeting. 

Personally I think this could be why they're pushing the vaccines so quick.  We're treating it better, more are surviving, immunity could be decades after you get it, and it could just burn out at that rate naturally by spring but.....question nothing...

6 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

There you go!  Nice! 

Russia investigation, sham! 

Surveillance of presidential candidates/weaponization of Intelligence, bad! 
Impeachment grift, sham!  

Now we are getting somewhere. Surprised you supported the Russia investigations. It’s their right to drag out months of claims after all. 

CFR and IFR plummeting. 

Personally I think this could be why they're pushing the vaccines so quick.  We're treating it better, more are surviving, immunity could be decades after you get it, and it could just burn out at that rate naturally by spring but.....question nothing...

I disagree with you on the mask mandate along with how much Trump is to blame for the high US death rate compared to most other countries but for god sakes looking at this data...... OPEN THE DAMN SCHOOLS.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Now we are getting somewhere. Surprised you supported the Russia investigations. It’s their right to drag out months of claims after all. 

I support the process, I always did. As an analogy, I support law enforcement and our system of justice, but I do not support malicious prosecution.  

I’m just surprised at what you seem to be comfortable with politically as it relates to what you referred to as puppet dictatorships.  Where does the “sham” impeachment of a President fall on your scale?  

9 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I support the process, I always did. As an analogy, I support law enforcement and our system of justice, but I do not support malicious prosecution.  

And multiple cases getting bombed out of court with a circus show of baseless press conferences attacking democratic foundations by a sitting president is not malicious?

Sure I’m happy the courts have held firm and upheld democracy. But let’s not applaud the dictator tactics that put the democracy to the test. That’s ridiculous. 

9 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I’m just surprised at what you seem to be comfortable with politically as it relates to what you referred to as puppet dictatorships.  Where does the “sham” impeachment of a President fall on your scale?  

The inquiry on the Ukraine call? Valid. What he did was disturbing. Impeachment? Terrible. Many aspects of Russia investigation? Abhorrent. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

And multiple cases getting bombed out of court with a circus show of baseless press conferences attacking democratic foundations by a sitting president is not malicious?

Sure I’m happy the courts have held firm and upheld democracy. But let’s not applaud the dictator tactics that put the democracy to the test. That’s ridiculous. 

The inquiry on the Ukraine call? Valid. What he did was disturbing. Impeachment? Terrible. Many aspects of Russia investigation? Abhorrent. 

Interesting. 

What aspects of the Russia investigation were particularly abhorrent to you?  You indicated “many”, but just indulge me and hit me with two or three.  

11 hours ago, shoshin said:

Thanks for the response 

My point is a simple one. Let the system do it’s job. Let the process work. All of these election challenges will play themselves out in due time. Just like the Russia Hoax, just like the Ukrainian debacle, this is all just inside baseball squabbling between two sides engaged in a political tug of war. Is it ugly? Yes it is. Is one side totally to blame? No, they’re not. It’s the result of the country reaching yet another philosophical governing crossroads. We’ve been through it before and survived for over 200 years. 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks for the response 

My point is a simple one. Let the system do it’s job. Let the process work. All of these election challenges will play themselves out in due time. Just like the Russia Hoax, just like the Ukrainian debacle, this is all just inside baseball squabbling between two sides engaged in a political tug of war. Is it ugly? Yes it is. Is one side totally to blame? No, they’re not. It’s the result of the country reaching yet another philosophical governing crossroads. We’ve been through it before and survived for over 200 years. 

The process has played itself out.  Trump L-L-LOST.  Pressuring governors or legislatures to disenfranchise their citizens is not part of the process.  The Republicons are reducing our country to a Banana Republic.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Scraps said:

The process has played itself out.  Trump L-L-LOST.  Pressuring governors or legislatures to disenfranchise their citizens is not part of the process.  The Republicons are reducing our country to a Banana Republic.

The SCOTUS refused unanimously and out of hand to even consider Trump's case from PA.  Point.  Set.  Match.   Time for the Trumplicans to fold their tents and slink away to their bunkers.  

3 hours ago, Scraps said:

And one day, when you're in officially in charge of the country, you can run it that way.  Until then, we'll stick the processes we have in place, and you're just going to have be patient. As it's often said, politics is a messy business. You'll recall that many Democrats actually held out right through the inauguration in 2016, with many of them boycotting the event. I cannot see the Republicans doing the same.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Its all good.....just a "rough spot" and if you have "significant (not clear what means) allergies" don't take it:

"Health Canada approved the same Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine on Wednesday that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration could authorize for emergency-use here within days or even hours.

The vaccine is already being rolled out across Britain, where it encountered its first rough spot – health officials there have decreed that people with a “significant history” of allergic reactions shouldn’t get the vaccine pending further investigation. British health officials say the duo is "recovering well" and that the directive was precautionary."

Linked from  www.msn.com

Edited by Big Blitz

27 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Its all good.....just a "rough spot" and if you have "significant (not clear what means) allergies" don't take it:

"Health Canada approved the same Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine on Wednesday that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration could authorize for emergency-use here within days or even hours.

The vaccine is already being rolled out across Britain, where it encountered its first rough spot – health officials there have decreed that people with a “significant history” of allergic reactions shouldn’t get the vaccine pending further investigation. British health officials say the duo is "recovering well" and that the directive was precautionary."

Linked from  www.msn.com

Maybe this is why Trump didn't buy more doses of it. 

40 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Linked from  www.msn.com

I like that they're the guinea pigs.

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The entire world is one humongous laboratory on this. Covid 19 is not a US problem. It’s a global problem.

Economically.  Yes.  There are large variations by country though as far as the spread.  Japan only has 2,334 deaths with a population of 126 million.  We've had that many deaths in a day.

• Like (+1) 1