The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.  Please tell me it is.

I don't necessarily think it's about mail in ballots, or hydroxichloroquine specifically, but I 100% believe that most of the fear mongering and hype is political. I don't think there's a plausible argument to the contrary.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

I don't necessarily think it's about mail in ballots, or hydroxichloroquine specifically, but I 100% believe that most of the fear mongering and hype is political. I don't think there's a plausible argument to the contrary.

Ok because I've enjoyed your takes on other topics and was surprised you just posted some nonsense Alex Jones type meme.  There's a lot of validity in the media making it more scary than it needs to be and the news networks work hand in hand with politicians so it's obviously political.

I don't think we overreacted at first given how little we knew about this thing, our knowledge of the devastating pandemics throughout history, seeing hospitals in Italy overwhelmed, etc..  I think the most logical reaction was to shut thing downs temporarily (that being the key term given the economic damage that we knew would ensue) to not overwhelm hospitals and learn more about the disease including possible treatments.  

As we learned more the political division increased and the left leaning media became more focused on using this crises to bash Trump and Republicans as much as possible.  It was pretty obvious when they had no problem with thousands marching in protest but condemned Trump for holding a rally with people also in close proximity to one another.  It's also an election year so that just exasperates the problem we have about fighting amongst ourselves on the best way to move forward.  It's going to get ugly. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, B-Man said:

NEARLY HALF THE CORONAVIRUS DEATHS IN AMERICA HAPPENED IN NURSING HOMES, WHICH DEMOCRATIC GOVERNORS LIKE WHITMER, CUOMO, AND WOLF DELIBERATELY SEEDED WITH INFECTED PATIENTS:

Whitmer vetoes bill that would have prevented COVID-19 patients housed in nursing homes.

See more fake News being posted by people who get fooled b.c they are not informed.

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Ok because I've enjoyed your takes on other topics and was surprised you just posted some nonsense Alex Jones type meme.  There's a lot of validity in the media making it more scary than it needs to be and the news networks work hand in hand with politicians so it's obviously political.

I don't think we overreacted at first given how little we knew about this thing, our knowledge of the devastating pandemics throughout history, seeing hospitals in Italy overwhelmed, etc..  I think the most logical reaction was to shut thing downs temporarily (that being the key term given the economic damage that we knew would ensue) to not overwhelm hospitals and learn more about the disease including possible treatments.  

As we learned more the political division increased and the left leaning media became more focused on using this crises to bash Trump and Republicans as much as possible.  It was pretty obvious when they had no problem with thousands marching in protest but condemned Trump for holding a rally with people also in close proximity to one another.  It's also an election year so that just exasperates the problem we have about fighting amongst ourselves on the best way to move forward.  It's going to get ugly. 

i could copy and paste this everywhere as my thoughts on this thing. 

Edited by plenzmd1

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Very good points all. 

I think the unfortunate truth is that at this point it’s being used as a weapon to try and impact the election. My hope is the general populace won’t fall for it and will vote for the candidate they believe in, not the one most adept at using a crisis/being helped by media and others to use a crisis.

History says I’m likely to be disappointed. 

5 minutes ago, 123719bwiqrb said:

Mouth breather response to that Kenya data - "They are a 3rd world country, you can't trust their data.  They obviously have testing shortage problems.  Lot of people are dying in their mud huts and are underreporting."  Did I miss anything?

Achhhtsssshhhuallly, the real reason is because white people kill so many black people just by being white that there’s nobody left in Kenya to die of the virus. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Very good points all. 

I think the unfortunate truth is that at this point it’s being used as a weapon to try and impact the election. My hope is the general populace won’t fall for it and will vote for the candidate they believe in, not the one most adept at using a crisis/being helped by media and others to use a crisis.

History says I’m likely to be disappointed. 

Achhhtsssshhhuallly, the real reason is because white people kill so many black people just by being white that there’s nobody left in Kenya to die of the virus. 

..THAT is the part that scares the hell out of me.....first there is the fickle segment of the electorate that doesn't get the MSM's tilt....secondly, there are dyed in the wool Dems who would NEVER vote for a Republican......that fits my relatives "to a T".......a split ticket to them is blasphemy and treasonous.....they clutter FB DAILY with their TDS diatribes.....offer these clowns a differing opinion and their first response is, "let ME explain this for YOU".....condescending, arrogant, intellectual superiority (they think so)....I've been "quarantined for 12 years" from them.......

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I tend to enjoy your takes too, and I agree with what you have to say here, although I would take it a bit further. 

I was okay with the initial shutdown, when WE didn't know (I'm not sure exactly what people in government knew) and it was supposed to be a temporary measure to "flatten the curve." At this point, however, it's just an opportunistic ploy. And when you look at the totality of circumstances no conventional explanation makes sense.

We all knew from the outset that no matter what President Trump did it would not only be the wrong thing, but the worst thing. It's ridiculous, but it's what we've come to expect.

What's really egregious is not the political exploitation of the narrative, but the extent to which they're willing to hurt people to further the farce. The economic destruction isn't just less toys for the well to do, it causes real suffering on a deep and wide scale. The increased debt will eventually become a problem. The effects of seclusion are not trivial either. Depression, suicide, domestic violence, and divorce are significantly exacerbated by this. Child development is being stunted as those at formative years are being isolated and thus unable to develop important social skills - you don't get that opportunity back. But they don't care. Why?

Their behavior on the pharmaceutical front has been just as bizarre. Chloroquine may not be the miracle drug, but it appears it can help. Yet it was instantly dismissed and condemned for no apparent reason. They went out of their way to prevent its use. A drug that has been regularly prescribed for decades with little to no concern suddenly became so dangerous governors were banning it in their states. Why?

The fact that De Blasio and Cuomo forced nursing homes to accept COVID patients causing mass deaths (to spike the numbers?) goes virtually unnoticed.

The fact that they went from 100 to zero on a dime when the opportunity for social unrest presented itself dispelled any delusions that the purported concerns were legitimate, yet they tried to take another bite of the apple as soon as the insanity died down. The concerted effort to create as much internal dissention as possible is a separate issue, but ties into the maximum destruction theme.

Also, if this were legit we wouldn't be ignoring Sweden.

So given the fact that no conventional theory plausibly explains this, I do think considering "conspiracy theories" is far more reasonable than taking things at face value. I don't know all the specific motivations, but I do know they're nefarious.

I'm not even convinced it's to win the election. That's certainly my guess, but I haven't ruled out the possibility that they determined this election is a lost cause and want to create as much destruction as possible over the next four years, when the real economic consequences of the shutdown/debt will be felt and the inner cities will be ravaged by crime as a result of reducing law enforcement where it's needed most, setting the stage for them to ride in to save the day in 2024.

In the unlikely event that Biden were to win,

the COVID threat would miraculously abate, they won't get around to defunding the police, and any negative consequences of the 2020 insurrection will be attributed to President Trump. 

Even the silly theories that the real motivation is to profit from vaccines are no more absurd than the conventional Democrat/media narrative.

• Like (+1) 3

If we all took Vitamin D and HCQ (sounds a lot better than this current debacle) the virus would be near gone in 2 months (very odd that people are being told by numerous reputable Doctors and their studies that it works, would much rather try mandatory face diapers and economic destruction):

"Here is another element of the effects of the COVID-19 response to consider. In 2015, Sweden expanded its requirements to have Vitamin D added to various diary products, lactose-free milk products, and cooking oil.

When confronted with COVID-19 outbreaks, Sweden did not implement extensive restrictions. It allowed people to go out and live their lives while focusing on protecting the vulnerable.

Here is the graph of their daily death totals, which have not been more than 2/day on any day this week:

https://legalinsurrection.com/2020/07/are-the-social-distancing-shutdowns-a-contributing-factor-to-u-s-covid-19-challenges/

I was reading from Matt Taibbi and he was interviewing an epidemiologist and his belief was that an oral polio vaccine would strengthen the immune system enough to serve as a good defense against COVID-19. 

Considering there seems to be pretty strong evidence that cross reactive T-cell immunity from previous human coronaviruses (common colds) offer levels of immunity and that anti malarial drugs that are widely used in Africa who seem to be “inexplicably” fighting off COVID-19 better than most countries, it wouldn’t surprise me that taking basic measures that increase immune defenses would offer additional levels of protection.

• Like (+1) 2

Remember how the mainstream media and some of their advocates on this board scoffed at the suggestion that Sweden took the right approach with staying open, no masks etc.

Now most of Europe is beginning to trend higher aside from the hard hit regions and Sweden has now recorded 3 straight days of 0 deaths and essentially empty COVID-19 Hospitalizations.

Remember their argument early in which was they would take a relatively harder hit but over time things would even out among their peers.

And I remember seeing a chart of economic activity and Sweden’s didn’t go down nowhere near as much Norway or the rest of Europe.   There were mainstream reports stating that Sweden still had nearly as much of an economic downfall as their counterparts.  That was flat out false.

As many of us said on this board, Sweden had the right strategy for their country.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/01/us/schools-reopening-indiana-coronavirus.html

schools opening in Indiana already a disaster lol 

who would have thought? 

One of the kids on the first day, his previous test came back positive.

The school had plans for when this happened (not if) and they reacted.

THIS is Penfield's "disaster"

• Like (+1) 3

20 hours ago, bilzfancy said:

Typical scumbags like Schmuck Schumer and Botox Pelosi want 3 trillion and help bailout badly run states like NY and California, once again, the Dems are holding hurting Americans hostage

california has the 5th highest GDP on the planet. they don't need a bailout lmao. 

the states that are in desperate need of one are the deep red states in the south and middle america. the ones with poor median income levels 

Just now, B-Man said:

One of the kids on the first day, his previous test came back positive.

The school had plans for when this happened (not if) and they reacted.

THIS is Penfield's "disaster"

yes. and the rest of the class has to quarintine for 14 days and not allowed back into school, so they are missing out on education. 

When they could have all did remote learning and not miss anything. do you understand where this is heading? the plan to bring back students in america will fail. stop comparing us to other countries who have kids going back to school. we have already shown this country has no ***** clue on how to handle this virus 

1 minute ago, bilzfancy said:

One kid tests positive and that's a disaster?? The bigger disaster is not having kids go to school.

your right! now they have to quarantine for 14 days! aka NO SCHOOL

god you conservatives really have no reading comprehension skills 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

california has the 5th highest GDP on the planet. they don't need a bailout lmao. 

the states that are in desperate need of one are the deep red states in the south and middle america. the ones with poor median income levels 

California and NY are swimming in the red. Cuomo, himself said unless they get a bailout, taxes are going way up with many programs being cut, his words.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

your right! now they have to quarantine for 14 days! aka NO SCHOOL

god you conservatives really have no reading comprehension skills 

No verbal skills

dis·as·ter
/dəˈzastər/
noun
  1. a sudden event, such as an accident or a natural catastrophe, that causes great damage or loss of life.

You're, not your

and God is capitalized.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

No verbal skills

dis·as·ter
/dəˈzastər/
noun
  1. a sudden event, such as an accident or a natural catastrophe, that causes great damage or loss of life.

You're, not your

and God is capitalized.

He's a perfect example of what happens when kids don't go to school

• Haha (+1) 2

Getting Covid if you're under 55 is not a disaster.  

Less than 10,000 American deaths under 55 that have INVOLVED Covid.  Involved?  That's the CDC chart now.  

Interesting.....there have only been 6,000 flu deaths this calendar year.  Of ALL ages.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Magox said:

This is very difficult to explain, unless you believe that HCQ does serve as an effective prophylactic or some other natural immune response that Kenyans have that most others don’t 

I asked eons ago in this thread (and of course no one knew or knows even now, so it was basically rhetorical) if the malaria vaccine would have helped with this.  If Africa is not hit (well, the parts of Africa that get HCQ or some other malaria drugs and/or a malaria vaccine)  with deaths the way the rest of the world is, that has to be something to be looked into further.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I asked eons ago in this thread (and of course no one knew or knows even now, so it was basically rhetorical) if the malaria vaccine would have helped with this.  If Africa is not hit (well, the parts of Africa that get HCQ or some other malaria drugs and/or a malaria vaccine)  with deaths the way the rest of the world is, that has to be something to be looked into further.

I'm sure it's just that everyone in Africa is wearing masks.  

• Haha (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Getting Covid if you're under 55 is not a disaster.  

Less than 10,000 American deaths under 55 that have INVOLVED Covid.  Involved?  That's the CDC chart now.  

Interesting.....there have only been 6,000 flu deaths this calendar year.  Of ALL ages.  

It amazes me how much COVID-19 has "cured." <_<

Now, that may be a bit flip but the misreporting will not help future modelers. If we do not know correct numbers, better forecasting cannot happen.

• Thank you (+1) 1