The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

53 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

You know, to you #######s... would you prefer he was a Debbie Downer like you guys? Would you prefer he was oh-woe-is-us?  The Monday-Morning-Quarterbacking has been over the top ridiculous.

I would enjoy a single day when he was more concerned about the country than he is about his "ratings".

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Kemp said:

I would enjoy a single day when he was more concerned about the country than he is about his "ratings".

All he needs to do to get re-elected is get us through this.  If he does he'll be a shoe in.  

Press: meat processing plant question, are you concerned?
Trump: Yes
Press: is the food supply secure
Trump: yes

Tyson Foods closing large pork plant in Iowa after outbreak

Tyson Foods announced that it is suspending operations indefinitely at a large Iowa pork processing plant linked to a growing coronavirus outbreak

Tyson Foods announced Wednesday that it is suspending operations indefinitely at a large Iowa pork processing plant linked to a growing coronavirus outbreak.

The company warned that its closing of the Waterloo, Iowa, plant would be a blow to hog farmers and potentially disrupt the nation's pork supply. Tyson had kept the plant open in recent days over the objections of the mayor and other local officials.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Your real problem is you just wish Lady Maopants was president and not Trump.

Just admit it. Let the hate flow from your body with one good cathartic post instead of just writing "I hate Trump" every time you touch a keyboard.

It's old. It's boring. And in year, it's going to be old and boring and you'll still have Trump as your president.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Who cares about your contrived lists, created to make you seem important in some way? You came here as an idiot and continue to validate that with every one of your posts. 

Fake news.  The only thing that was validated here was that you belong on the Washed up Psycho and snowflake lists, among others. 

43 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

The word is that he is charming and a real delight to be around in a social setting. There's no doubt in my mind that he can be tough as nails in a business setting but his lifetime of real estate development (especially in NYC) has given him the ability to negotiate. He may start out with asking for the moon and it might sound preposterous to some but its just the opening salvo of a negotiation. Look at the fools he made of the media and how he bent the governors to his will regarding who was going to be in charge of opening up the respective states. He claimed that he had the authority to do so and everyone claimed that he didn't and even the dems brought up federalism as a point. Well he actually did have the authority due to the fact that all 50 states had a declared emergency. Using that authority is the last thing he wanted to do. Now the governors can do what they're paid to do but Trump can use the bully pulpit to encourage them to follow the guidelines. Not only is he doing what is right but he has taken the easy criticism away from the media. 

Hoax.  He believed he had the authority. He was just wrong about that.  Among other things. 

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

A lot of posters post without thinking and are less than precise in their words. Section8 has fun making 3 page arguments out of the lack of preciseness. He fails to look at the big picture but goes on and on about mundane things where he gets his jollies about winning a point. I wonder what list I'm going to be put on now? 

Fake news.  I have never made a three page argument in this setting. 

Edited by SectionC3

7 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Fake news.  The only thing that was validated here was that you belong on the Washed up Psycho and snowflake lists, among others. 

Hoax.  He believe he had the authority. He was just wrong about that.  Among other things. 

Fake news.  I have never made a three page argument in this setting. 

lol ....the tibs virus has mutated into this chuckle head.

I've got antibodies, however.

You've chosen to ignore content by SectionC3.  

Edited by Albwan
  • Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Press: meat processing plant question, are you concerned?
Trump: Yes
Press: is the food supply secure
Trump: yes

Tyson Foods closing large pork plant in Iowa after outbreak

Tyson Foods announced that it is suspending operations indefinitely at a large Iowa pork processing plant linked to a growing coronavirus outbreak

Tyson Foods announced Wednesday that it is suspending operations indefinitely at a large Iowa pork processing plant linked to a growing coronavirus outbreak.

The company warned that its closing of the Waterloo, Iowa, plant would be a blow to hog farmers and potentially disrupt the nation's pork supply. Tyson had kept the plant open in recent days over the objections of the mayor and other local officials.

</snip>

So? What’s your point? Sounds like an example of things working correctly.

2 minutes ago, Albwan said:

lol ....the tibs virus has mutated into this chuckle head.

More name-calling like that and you'll get yourself on a list sooner than later. 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

I had the same thought.  It's OK to be worried about a link in the supply chain, but still confident in the chain in its entirety.  There is sound logic to that point. 

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

I'll qualify my support for that post.  Good for Australia.  Bad for Sabres fans.  I've been punished enough.  

Edited by SectionC3

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

My point? That was what the plant closing the press was referring to when asking the question. They didn't mention it in the question.

The mayor of Las Vegas is really something to behold.  Anderson Coper was roasting her worse than he should, but she is OUT THERE.  I know most of you probably can't stand Anderson, but this interview is just WOOWW!!!  Holy Cow!  Please watch this if you have the time.  She said get hit by an atomic bomb, take a shower, you'll be fine.  I found it's far better if you just listen, and don't watch the video.

Edited by daz28
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

You know, to you #######s... would you prefer he was a Debbie Downer like you guys? Would you prefer he was oh-woe-is-us?  The Monday-Morning-Quarterbacking has been over the top ridiculous.

To a certain extent, the Debbie Downer approach is understandable.  These people seem to struggle with any creative thought and simply follow the lead when the lead is there to follow. 

Imagine truly believing the "Trump is a Russian mole" story.  In retrospect, how silly was the story, and how gullible did you have to be to buy it?  You have leaders like Pelosi, Schumer, Schiff, Jerry Nadler all telling them that Trump is a candidate of Russian origin.   Imagine hearing Slim James Comey--a guy who went our of his way to leak confidential information to avoid answering to, well, someone like James Comey--saying it.  Imagine hearing a former CIA director like John Brennan literally call the President of the US treasonous, and to have reporter after report cite anonymous deep cover sources that say the same thing.  Imagine a massive investigation costing millions of dollars run by anti-Trump prosecutors kicking in doors, staging early morning raids on 70 year old men and leaking time and place for maximum optics.  Imagine the full weight and power of the US Government willing to crush anybody that dares to oppose the investigation, and willing to offer sweetheart deals to "witnesses" who were willing to make up stories--any type of story that would serve the intended purpose of the "witch hunt"  namely, to get Trump. 

Honestly, I don't know if they bought the story right from the start, it it took a while or if they caved to the peer pressure of like-minded friends and associates.  However they got there, they jumped right in and bought the whole shebang hook, line and sinker. 

Imagine the anticipation these people had as the Mueller testimony was scheduled.  It was time for the government to pony up, to pay them back for their faithful subservience.  Imagine the joy they must have felt when finally the day was upon them when Trump would be outed as a Russian spy, created in a lab in Leningrad 70 years earlier and sent to the US to hide in plain site, an amazing caricature of a business tycoon ready to do Russia's bidding.   They really had to be almost giddy to prove the millions of Trump supporters wrong--these arrogant, supposedly well-educated Obama/Clinton submissives ready to be validated. 

Then, imagine Robert Mueller, the hero of the revolution, he comes out after three years, $40m and having dumpster-dived a whole lot of garbage cans and basically says "I'm old, I'm tired, I'm not 100% sure where I am, or what this is all about, but we got nothing. Free Donald Trump.". 

Amazing.  In a second, they realized they got massively tea-bagged by the all people they placed all their trust in.   The funniest part about it is that all the dems did was count on their ignorance, count on their lack of creative thought, and recognition that these dullards would not recognize a slightly  reimagined "Manchurian Candidate".  

That's gotta leave a mark. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

On 4/21/2020 at 6:45 PM, Boatdrinks said:

Your assumptions about this have no basis in reality. They’re based on a false choice, a false hope. Lockdowns and staying home another 4-8 weeks isn’t likely to save many if any lives. It will simply change the date of illness and probably of death. Not only are we not building herd immunity while shuttered indoors, but we’re tanking the economy even further into the abyss. We won’t be any meaningful measure safer from Covid 19 in two to three months than we are now. Coronavirus is now part of our overall landscape, whether or not you want to admit it to yourself. Yes, more people are going to die from this. There won’t be a vaccine anytime soon; perhaps not ever. Treatments will eventually emerge, but the economy isn’t designed to shut down for an extended period of time, nor is government set up to continually pay it’s citizenry to be idle. No, Covid19 will now just have to be factored into our daily risk tolerance. Some may stay holed up in a cave for years or whatever, but most will eventually say they’d rather go on with their lives and do what they wish. There were large gatherings and sports events, theaters and bars in previous eras where the risk of disease and death were far greater. Indeed, life expectancy was much shorter largely due to disease. 

The economy is screwed until there's a vaccine. Consumer confidence is absolutely shot. 

If you think businesses being open means they'll be operating anywhere close to the way they were in early March you'll be very mistaken. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

My point? That was what the plant closing the press was referring to when asking the question. They didn't mention it in the question.

Alrighty then....I thought everyone already knew that. 

13 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The economy is screwed until there's a vaccine. Consumer confidence is absolutely shot. 

If you think businesses being open means they'll be operating anywhere close to the way they were in early March you'll be very mistaken. 

The system will self regulate, just like it did before the virus. 

23 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

This is what I'm thinking.  Business will be scant at first.  People are going to go a little longer on self quarantine to be safe(at least I know I will be).  All of this combined is going to make it tough to bring back the rest of the workers.  Every places orders are gonna be screwed up.  I guess what I'm saying is there's gonna be a lot of employees standing around for a while. All in all it's probably the best way for it to happen anyhow. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The beefed up unemployment benefits, the massive government business bailout package, and the economy being on solid footing before the pandemic could lead to a quicker than expected economic recovery.  We won't be as strong as before but I'm not buying the doomsday predictions at this point.  If there's a second wave then we're in trouble.

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

You know, to you #######s... would you prefer he was a Debbie Downer like you guys? Would you prefer he was oh-woe-is-us?  The Monday-Morning-Quarterbacking has been over the top ridiculous.

Can't speak for them, and won't, but considering his admitting defeat would be the most likely way for him to lose his support from the people that do back him and they desperately don't want him reelected; well, you can do the math.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Doc Brown said:

The beefed up unemployment benefits, the massive government business bailout package, and the economy being on solid footing before the pandemic could lead to a quicker than expected economic recovery.  We won't be as strong as before but I'm not buying the doomsday predictions at this point.  If there's a second wave then we're in trouble.

Yes, when it does finally get going, people might have a little extra.  It will be a nice little boost.  If we can just get past these next couple months, we're gonna be ok