The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Yes.  I dislike how he has divided the country through inflammatory rhetoric.  I dislike the tax giveaway to the rich.  I dislike the fact that, dividends aside, I've had dead money in index funds for the past 3.5 years.  I dislike the fact that, instead of attempting to improve healthcare, he pursued a strategy of repeal without a plan to replace.  (Ultimately, of course, that strategy failed.) I dislike the fact that, instead of pursuing meaningful border security, he castigated people opposed to his foolish and static sea-to-sea barrier.  I dislike the example he has set for our country.  I dislike the tarnish he brings to his office.  I dislike Depression-era unemployment.  And I really dislike his cavalier approach to the pandemic, which made what would have been a difficult situation significantly worse.  

But if he moves from those positions, he loses his base.  So he's kind of his own Frankenstein at this point.  Some politicians can get away with some things unpopular, but they'd be the dog who didn't get its treat if he did it to them. He wouldn't lose many, but he can't afford to lose any.

5 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

You forgot to mention that it's his constitutional "absolute authority."  Let's hear from the rule of law crowd on that one - 

He really blundered on that one.  It gave him no out.  Either he admits he doesn't have the power, or he takes the blame if it fails.  Only his base will be dumb enough to blame the governors if this fails, because he had the authority, and he didn't use it.

5 minutes ago, daz28 said:

But if he moves from those positions, he loses his base.  So he's kind of his own Frankenstein at this point.  Some politicians can get away with some things unpopular, but they'd be the dog who didn't get its treat if he did it to them. He wouldn't lose many, but he can't afford to lose any.

He really blundered on that one.  It gave him no out.  Either he admits he doesn't have the power, or he takes the blame if it fails.  Only his base will be dumb enough to blame the governors if this fails, because he had the authority, and he didn't use it.

Agreed on both counts.  He's the king of vague double-talk, e.g., we set guidelines to reopen the economy, but the protestors are cool, too.  The constitutional one is going to be a tough deal for him for the reasons you said.  And you're right, only the brainwashed will buy his attempt to blame the governors if the pandemic explodes in areas of early reopening and spread from those areas. 

If I hear one more ad  for anything (from cars to mattresses) say "during these tough times" or "remember, we're all in this together" I gonna ***** shoot the TV/radio.

I was taking a walk yesterday and a woman "dove" into the bushes to avoid me.  I'm not going to get used to this.  And this is not going away anytime soon. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Yes.  I dislike how he has divided the country through inflammatory rhetoric.  I dislike the tax giveaway to the rich.  I dislike the fact that, dividends aside, I've had dead money in index funds for the past 3.5 years.  I dislike the fact that, instead of attempting to improve healthcare, he pursued a strategy of repeal without a plan to replace.  (Ultimately, of course, that strategy failed.) I dislike the fact that, instead of pursuing meaningful border security, he castigated people opposed to his foolish and static sea-to-sea barrier.  I dislike the example he has set for our country.  I dislike the tarnish he brings to his office.  I dislike Depression-era unemployment.  And I really dislike his cavalier approach to the pandemic, which made what would have been a difficult situation significantly worse.  

So -- a bunch of made up or sensationalized talking points with a heaping of a defense for human traffickers thrown in for good measure. 

Good work, bro. 

51 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

What Pete left out is that his boss belittled the virus and twiddled its thumbs for about six weeks after it knew or should have known of the danger and made what would have been a bad situation here immeasurably worse. So if we're going to play the blame game we may as well spread it around properly. 

Immeasurable worse?  What does that even mean?   Oh wait I do.  I means "I don't have a ***** clue so I'll just say *****." 

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

If I hear one more ad  for anything (from cars to mattresses) say "during these tough times" or "remember, we're all in this together" I gonna ***** shoot the TV/radio.

I was taking a walk yesterday and a woman "dove" into the bushes to avoid me.  I'm not going to get used to this.  And this is not going away anytime soon. 

My wife could be upstairs 4 rooms apart and if she hears "We're all in this together" on a television, she will come at me cursing  "We are not all in this ***** together" 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Brooo, every single one.  I read an article about how ridiculous it was going to be, and it's living up to it. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Boy, is this true.

She just won the internet today.  Bravo!! 

4 minutes ago, Magox said:

My wife could be upstairs 4 rooms apart and if she hears "We're all in this together" on a television, she will come at me cursing  "We are not all in this ***** together" 

I'm not so sure.  Pics first and I'll answer her. 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Immeasurable worse?  What does that even mean?   Oh wait I do.  I means "I don't have a ***** clue so I'll just say *****." 

I think you had a typo in the first sentence, because that phrase definitely makes no sense.  I'll assume that it's "immeasurably worse" that's in play here.   y way of example, compare Greece (not that bad) and Germany (pretty bad) to here (really bad).  Although we know that early action would have improved matters (see, for example South Korea, Taiwan, and Greece), it's impossible to measure how much worse Trump made the situation through inaction.  Ergo his failings in this respect are "immeasurabl[e]."

16 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

So -- a bunch of made up or sensationalized talking points with a heaping of a defense for human traffickers thrown in for good measure. 

Good work, bro. 

Hoax.  Comments like that are why you're on the Washed up Psycho list.  

21 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Ugh...that all started after Trump was elected..all these victims complaining about "these times"....I immediately know I'm dealing with an ####### when they use that term.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Yes.  I dislike how he has divided the country through inflammatory rhetoric. i blame the media for the divisiveness of the country. I dislike the tax giveaway to the rich. it was minimal but played an integral part of the economy growing to historic levels.  I dislike the fact that, dividends aside, I've had dead money in index funds for the past 3.5 years. your investment choices are Trumps fault exactly how?  I dislike the fact that, instead of attempting to improve healthcare, he pursued a strategy of repeal without a plan to replace. (Ultimately, of course, that strategy failed.) you are complaining about something that has not happened, Obamacare is still the defacto national health insurance so i don't see what the problem is.  I dislike the fact that, instead of pursuing meaningful border security, he castigated people opposed to his foolish and static sea-to-sea barrier. you can not like his border security policies but they do put america first which to me is where it should be.  I dislike the example he has set for our country.  I dislike the tarnish he brings to his office. again, the media is more at fault for the crafting of his public persona. I dislike Depression-era unemployment. you mean the pandemic induced economy, right? because prior to it, his economy was historic. And I really dislike his cavalier approach to the pandemic, which made what would have been a difficult situation significantly worse.  you may not like his, 'cavalier' approach to the pandemic but listen to what the governors of our states are saying. they are pretty much in unison praising the response of the FedGov.

responses interspersed.

basically, your response here is nothing more than parroted MSM talking points i have seen regurgitated at various points for the last four years.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

responses interspersed.

basically, your response here is nothing more than parroted MSM talking points i have seen regurgitated at various points for the last four years.

Yup.  That’s why you’re on the hoax list. 

You’re right about investments.  It’s not trumps fault I like to use a vanguard S&P index as a core component of my portfolio. But it is telling that he evaluates his presidency with that metric, and that, inspite of his tax gamble, the thing is basically flat since he took office.  That, sir, is not winning, regardless of politics. 

Edited by SectionC3

As to the state’s testing and tracing plan, Cuomo announced a remarkable joint effort to ramp up a massive tracing program in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut — which will be headed up by former New York mayor Mike Bloomberg, who will help design and implement this major initiative (and who will make a personal contribution of $10 million through Johns Hopkins University, to which he contributes heavily). The army of tracers will be engaged to find those infected so they can be isolated and prevent spread of the novel coronavirus. The state may enlist droves of medical students, but the manpower requirements remain daunting. (A single person may have dozens of contacts during the period in which he or she was contagious.) Cuomo announced that $1.3 billion from the federal government will help put together the state tracing program.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/04/22/new-york-breakthrough-testing-tracing/

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

I think you had a typo in the first sentence, because that phrase definitely makes no sense.  I'll assume that it's "immeasurably worse" that's in play here.   y way of example, compare Greece (not that bad) and Germany (pretty bad) to here (really bad).  Although we know that early action would have improved matters (see, for example South Korea, Taiwan, and Greece), it's impossible to measure how much worse Trump made the situation through inaction.  Ergo his failings in this respect are "immeasurabl[e]."

Hoax.  Comments like that are why you're on the Washed up Psycho list.  

A simple we have no clue would have sufficed.  You need to go back to work. 

And did his response sound EXACTLY like that tweet from thar blonde that DR posted? 

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

responses interspersed.

Correct. 

Just now, Foxx said:

okay, again... you're focing my hand here.

you're an unrepentant idiot.

Also correct. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

okay, again... you're focing my hand here.

you're an unrepentant idiot.

Fake news. 

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Correct. 

Also correct. 

Such is to be expected from someone who also is on the snowflake list.