The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

except you don't.

you said yourself that you don't blame the media but the gist of your other postings are, Trump is #orangemanbad.

The thing is I don't like Trump, but the media isn't fooling me, so they aren't an issue for me.  If they both wanna be jackasses, then so be it, but I hold my president to a higher standard

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

Video of the interview at the link. Really lays it out quite quickly.

Peter Navarro accuses China of committing 'four kills' with response to coronavirus pandemic

White House Office of Trade and Manufacturing Policy director Peter Navarro joined "Hannity" Tuesday night and laid out China's mishandling of the coronavirus pandemic, a process he said Beijing might call "the four kills."

"They spawned the virus, probably in that P4  lab right there in China and then they hid it behind the shield of the World Health Organization," Navarro began.

</snip>

What Pete left out is that his boss belittled the virus and twiddled its thumbs for about six weeks after it knew or should have known of the danger and made what would have been a bad situation here immeasurably worse. So if we're going to play the blame game we may as well spread it around properly. 

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

The thing is I don't like Trump, but the media isn't fooling me, so they aren't an issue for me.  If they both wanna be jackasses, then so be it, but I hold my president to a higher standard

"Higher standard."  Thank you.  Me too.  It's about time somebody used that phrase. 

Just now, SectionC3 said:

What Pete left out is that his boss belittled the virus and twiddled its thumbs for about six weeks after it knew or should have known of the danger and made what would have been a bad situation here immeasurably worse. So if we're going to play the blame game we may as well spread it around properly. 

Sure, Jan.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Video of the interview at the link. Really lays it out quite quickly.

Peter Navarro accuses China of committing 'four kills' with response to coronavirus pandemic

White House Office of Trade and Manufacturing Policy director Peter Navarro joined "Hannity" Tuesday night and laid out China's mishandling of the coronavirus pandemic, a process he said Beijing might call "the four kills."

"They spawned the virus, probably in that P4  lab right there in China and then they hid it behind the shield of the World Health Organization," Navarro began.

</snip>

...and this is why I hate Fox news(?), especially Hannity.  Accuses and probably, which leads to further suppositions, which by then end they are almost stating as facts.  I can't even stand to watch it.  When you got the goods, THEN present them. Trump is also real good at telling me things, but refusing to give me the goods.  No I won't accept "trust me" or "believe me".  

5 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

It's a joke.  I like Buffalo.  I (generally) like what I do, and I didn't make a play for the big money early in my career.  (I get it, everyone likes to say that they could have been more or could have done more but chose not to, but in my case there's an element of truth to it.)

So now my investment activities are limited to securities.  But development, and development in NYC, seems to be where it's at these days.  Or maybe was before the pandemic.  It's hard to get started in something like that now, even at a small level (buying a few rentals in Buffalo and moving up from there, for example) with the constraints of the profession and the status of the securities portfolio.  In short, my time has passed. 

Thanks. Left Buffalo when I was 18. Ended up in a job I truly enjoyed; however, there isn't big money in public service (unless your a politician :lol:). I didn't get rich, but I made a good living and now I am retired and working for myself as a consultant.

Cheers

5 minutes ago, daz28 said:

and a good portion of why you don't like Trump is because of the media and their role on the stage. as i said, if the media treated Trump like they treated the Obamanation, i suspect your perceptions would be starkly different

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Thanks. Left Buffalo when I was 18. Ended up in a job I truly enjoyed; however, there isn't big money in public service (unless your a politician :lol:). I didn't get rich, but I made a good living and now I am retired and working for myself as a consultant.

Cheers

I dunno.  All of the pols I know aren't doing it for the money, that's for sure.  At least not on my side of things.  But glad that you're happy and that you've found  success in life. 

7 minutes ago, Foxx said:

and a good portion of why you don't like Trump is because of the media and their role on the stage. as i said, if the media treated Trump like they treated the Obamanation, i suspect your perceptions would be starkly different

I can't speak for everyone else, but my disdain for Trump lies principally with his disdain for the truth, his erraticism, his shallowness, his divisiveness, and his unpreparedness.  Those are matters of his own creation.  

Edited by SectionC3

3 minutes ago, daz28 said:

...and this is why I hate Fox news(?), especially Hannity.  Accuses and probably, which leads to further suppositions, which by then end they are almost stating as facts.  I can't even stand to watch it.  When you got the goods, THEN present them. Trump is also real good at telling me things, but refusing to give me the goods.  No I won't accept "trust me" or "believe me".  

Now, normally I am with anyone who beats down on Hannity, but that was not shared for what he interrupted, but what for Navarro said.  Since people were all over Navarro (supposedly) having some sort of memo out in January, I am not certain why they would not be all over Navarro beating on China for their duplicity.

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I don't unless it changed him 180 degrees.  I don't subscribe to trickle down, and that alone would make it near impossible to make him likeable to me.  I don't like the wall, or lock up Hillary, or giving people 3rd grade names.  Sorry, he's just not my kind of president.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

He's been doing quite well during this, in my opinion. Today, he did not cover himself in glory. Today was pretty terrible.

I think he's doing good too, but it's showtime now.  How he handles this transition will be key.  As for the question in the tweet, I wish he could have said for those who been living beyond their means, that's on you.  For those who really need a job, I'm sorry, but there are places hiring for essential workers.  It's harsh, but it's true.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Foxx said:

NY issues do-not-resuscitate guideline for cardiac patients amid coronavirus

New York state just issued a drastic new guideline urging emergency-services workers not to bother trying to revive anyone without a pulse when they get to a scene, amid an overload of coronavirus patients.

While paramedics were previously told to spend up to 20 minutes trying to revive people found in cardiac arrest, the change is “necessary during the COVID-19 response to protect the health and safety of EMS providers by limiting their exposure, conserve resources, and ensure optimal use of equipment to save the greatest number of lives,’’ according to a state Health Department memo issued last week.

First-responders were outraged over the move.

“They’re not giving people a second chance to live anymore,’’ Oren Barzilay, head of the city union whose members include uniformed EMTs and paramedics, fumed of state officials.

“Our job is to bring patients back to life. This guideline takes that away from us,” he said. ...

New York scraps do-not-resuscitate order during coronavirus pandemic

New York state officials have scrapped controversial new guidelines that directed emergency service workers not to attempt to revive anyone without a pulse when they arrive on a scene during the coronavirus pandemic.

State Health Commissioner Dr. Howard Zucker “rescinded” the “do-not-resuscitate” order put out by his Bureau of Emergency Medical Service on Wednesday — just hours after The Post exclusively reported.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Albwan said:

Why don't they just cut the crapcake.

"CLOSE EVERYTHING AND HIDE UNTIL TRUMP IS GONE"

Don't forget, Trump has absolute authority to open back up, but he decided to punt.  Now he has to rely on the defense.  If he thought they are keeping it shut down to keep him from re-election, then he can use his absolute authority.  So if he thought punting put the onus on the governors, then his own big mouth/ego got the best of him once again. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

... I can't speak for everyone else, but my disdain for Trump lies principally with his disdain for the truth, his erraticism, his shallowness, his divisiveness, and his unpreparedness.  Those are matters of his own creation.  

do you have issues with his accomplishments in office?

17 minutes ago, daz28 said:

I don't unless it changed him 180 degrees.  I don't subscribe to trickle down, and that alone would make it near impossible to make him likeable to me.  I don't like the wall, or lock up Hillary, or giving people 3rd grade names.  Sorry, he's just not my kind of president.

i'm not big on the playground bullying (name calling) either, and i'm sure that even if the media was on his side, he would still do that. however, because of the media, this aspect of his personality is exaggerated.

Edited by Foxx

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

do you have issues with his accomplishments in office?

Yes.  I dislike how he has divided the country through inflammatory rhetoric.  I dislike the tax giveaway to the rich.  I dislike the fact that, dividends aside, I've had dead money in index funds for the past 3.5 years.  I dislike the fact that, instead of attempting to improve healthcare, he pursued a strategy of repeal without a plan to replace.  (Ultimately, of course, that strategy failed.) I dislike the fact that, instead of pursuing meaningful border security, he castigated people opposed to his foolish and static sea-to-sea barrier.  I dislike the example he has set for our country.  I dislike the tarnish he brings to his office.  I dislike Depression-era unemployment.  And I really dislike his cavalier approach to the pandemic, which made what would have been a difficult situation significantly worse.  

9 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Don't forget, Trump has absolute authority to open back up, but he decided to punt.  Now he has to rely on the defense.  If he thought they are keeping it shut down to keep him from re-election, then he can use his absolute authority.  So if he thought punting put the onus on the governors, then his own big mouth/ego got the best of him once again. 

You forgot to mention that it's his constitutional "absolute authority."  Let's hear from the rule of law crowd on that one -