The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

What the hell would a friggin ophthalmologist know about covid anyway?  

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-51364382

Dr Li Wenliang, who was hailed a hero for raising the alarm about the coronavirus in the early days of the outbreak, has died of the infection.

His death was confirmed by the Wuhan hospital where he worked and was being treated, following conflicting reports about his condition on state media.

Dr Li, 34, tried to send a message to fellow medics about the outbreak at the end of December. Three days later police paid him a visit and told him to stop. He returned to work and caught the virus from a patient. He had been in hospital for at least three weeks.

He posted his story from his hospital bed last month on social media site Weibo.

"Hello everyone, this is Li Wenliang, an ophthalmologist at Wuhan Central Hospital," the post begins.

It was a stunning insight into the botched response by local authorities in Wuhan in the early weeks of the coronavirus outbreak.

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Really? You fixed it? Why is it taking almost a week; if not longer for testing results to come in thus proving them useless in the campaign to control the virus?

maxresdefault.jpg

Maybe because we are doing more than any other country every day!!

7 hours ago, Kemp said:

Americans continue to die and the POS is upset that Fauci has better ratings than him.

And the Trump cultists continue to love him. What a putrid state of affairs.

It's not a good look complaining about your numbers in the middle of a pandemic.  I don't know if he grasps that concept.  Stick to the script Trump.

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

It's not a good look complaining about your numbers in the middle of a pandemic.  I don't know if he grasps that concept.  Stick to the script Trump.

What do you expect?  It's Trump, he's all about the grievances.   His narcissism and ego are both his political strengths and weaknesses.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

WHY ARE THE PRESS AND THE TECH OLIGARCHS SO AFRAID OF A STRONG BLACK WOMAN?

Screen-Shot-2020-07-29-at-11.37.01-AM.pn

I mean, it can’t be that she’s a nut, when they make Al Sharpton and Shaun King authorities on race relations,

and Anita Sarkeesian an expert on gender relations.

Related, seen on Facebook:

IMG_0748.jpg

Zero credibility - just like you 

image.thumb.jpeg.d136c876a631949a5fe676edfcd52536.jpeg

But we expect this from people...

image.thumb.jpeg.05b5c673a708f8bb6250f318dec7ec2d.jpeg

Just now, Magox said:

What do you expect?  It's Trump, he's all about the grievances.   His narcissism and ego are both his political strengths and weaknesses.  

True but I always felt that he had more self discipline than people give him credit for.  The best example I can think of is where he never mentioned Mueller on twitter until well into his investigation.  I guess not though and it's a shame because the federal response has been pretty good but the messaging has been terrible.

17 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Most developed nations have flattened the curve... The US?  Nope - infection rates out of control.

Thanks TRUMP voters.

The fact that Americans have a history of doing what the want due to you know that important thing call freedom of choice is Trump voters' fault?  ***** yeah!!!  Thanks for the support! 

7 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

The fact that Americans have a history of doing what the want due to you know that important thing call freedom of choice is Trump voters' fault?  ***** yeah!!!  Thanks for the support! 

Maybe - just maybe if Trump took this a tad bit more seriously; you know - didn't deny - delay - distort - confuse - you know, F everything up - and let the true experts run this - this country would likely be open like the rest of the developed world.

If Trump were CEO of a PUBLIC company - his a$$ would be fired already.

Keep making the excuses - mediocrity looks lovely on you.

48 minutes ago, Magox said:

At least we know who the authoritarians are on this board that support silencing debate that they disagree with.

Who's silencing debate? Seems like everyone is getting their say. 

My critique is that my president cited a witch doctor as a source of good medical advice, and that his tweeting something like that shows a lack of mental and leadership discipline.

If I cited a witch doctor, I assume you'd critique the source, as well you should. Jesus, you can't even cite Dr. Fauci here without people attacking him as a bad source. 

He's the president. Perhaps a measured and thoughtful approach to a pandemic is in order, no? 

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Maybe - just maybe if Trump took this a tad bit more seriously; you know - didn't deny - delay - distort - confuse - you know, F everything up - and let the true experts run this - this country would likely be open like the rest of the developed world.

If Trump were CEO of a PUBLIC company - his a$$ would be fired already.

Keep making the excuses - mediocrity looks lovely on you.

You place too little emphasis on Americans will do what we want. We've always done what we want.  It's the nature of our country.  Freedom.  

It's not an excuse.  It's reality. 

And here's the real funny part.  Like any of you TDSers would have done ANYTHING Trump told you to.  You would have gone nutso if he had told us to do any of the things you're suggesting he should have done.   Accusations of "Hitler" "Dictator" "Fascist" would have been loud.  Admit it.  

Just now, Chef Jim said:

And here's the real funny part.  Like any of you TDSers would have done ANYTHING Trump told you to.  You would have gone nutso if he had told us to do any of the things you're suggesting he should have done.   Accusations of "Hitler" "Dictator" "Fascist" would have been loud.  Admit it.  

True. Me and all my liberal friends stopped wearing masks after Trump told us to wear one.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, shoshin said:

Meanwhile, the most incompetent and corrupt administration in our lifetime is sending out campaign-style opposition research to reporters to discredit Fauci...

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

You place too little emphasis on Americans will do what we want. We've always done what we want.  It's the nature of our country.  Freedom.  

It's not an excuse.  It's reality. 

You're probably right given the fact this administration has established ZERO credibility with more than half of its citizens - and the GLOBE.

But once again; just another missed opportunity to rise to the office of the presidency and occasion that Americans deserve.

Keep making excuses Ref - mediocrity looks wonderful on you.

4 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

True. Me and all my liberal friends stopped wearing masks after Trump told us to wear one.

What if he had forced the closure of all restaurants, gyms, hair and nail salons, bars, malls, churches, gatherings of more than 10 people, etc, etc, etc.  You would have lost your *****.  Admit it. 

You're probably right given the fact this administration has established ZERO credibility with more than half of its citizens - and the GLOBE.

But once again; just another missed opportunity to rise to the office of the presidency and occasion that Americans deserve.

Keep making excuses Ref - mediocrity looks wonderful on you.

So you admit you would have lost your ***** has he suggested any of the things I mentioned above?   Thanks. 

15 minutes ago, shoshin said:

My critique is that my president cited a witch doctor as a source of good medical advice, and that his tweeting something like that shows a lack of mental and leadership discipline.

If I cited a witch doctor, I assume you'd critique the source, as well you should. Jesus, you can't even cite Dr. Fauci here without people attacking him as a bad source. 

He's the president. Perhaps a measured and thoughtful approach to a pandemic is in order, no? 

My guess is that @Magox is referring to TSW, not the dark outpost that is PPP

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Most developed nations have flattened the curve... The US?  Nope - infection rates out of control.

Thanks TRUMP voters.

simply not true, the curve looks the same just happens at different time intervals depending on first exposure.   image.thumb.png.5781c574ef062a26549cc2b088b285af.png

Edited by Gary M

7 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

What if he had forced the closure of all restaurants, gyms, hair and nail salons, bars, malls, churches, gatherings of more than 10 people, etc, etc, etc.  You would have lost your *****.  Admit it. 

So you admit you would have lost your ***** has he suggested any of the things I mentioned above?   Thanks. 

Not at all.

But some did... esp when Trump wasn't forthcoming with his intelligence. It's really too bad he didn't take this seriously from the start. And just look at the results of his half a$$ed approach.

It's sad you give Americans an out on how to conduct themselves during a pandemic. Maybe its time to grow up and export more.

Mediocrity appreciates your sponsorship.

It's sad you give Americans an out on how to conduct themselves during a pandemic. Maybe its time to grow up and export more.

More evidence every day that behavior has little to do with the spread. Virus gonna virus

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

Not at all.

But some did... esp when Trump wasn't forthcoming with his intelligence. It's really too bad he didn't take this seriously from the start. And just look at the results of his half a$$ed approach.

Mediocrity appreciates your sponsorship.

Yeah that whole freedom ***** sucks.  It comes with the good and the bad.  You want to give some of your freedoms up I don't.   If that's mediocrity in your mind I can't help you.  

1 minute ago, Gary M said:

More evidence every day that behavior has little to do with the spread. Virus gonna virus

And the quicker we let it "virus" the quicker we find our way out.

Gee....whatever happened to "going viral" being a good thing?  

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Yeah that whole freedom ***** sucks.  It comes with the good and the bad.  You want to give some of your freedoms up I don't.   If that's mediocrity in your mind I can't help you.  

It's not that he wants to give up his freedoms. It's that he HAS to. The biggest difference between the leftists here (Tibs, Billstime, TH3, etc) is that they NEED the government to take care of every aspect of their lives because they know they are unable and/or unwilling to do it on their own.

They simply lack the desire, drive and intelligence to be independent. The government should give everyone the same thing...the same benefits, the same paycheck, the same status...because they're too lazy to do anything other than yell "It's not fair" over and over.

• Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Thanks TRUMP voters.

Do you live in the State where eating chicken wings isn't enough to be at a bar?

Is that the life we signed up for in order to or once we "flattened the curve?" 

Nah I'll pass. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Big Blitz said:

Do you live in the State where eating chicken wings isn't enough to be at a bar?

Nah I'll pass. 

It's more embarrassing than that. Their states literally have explained that if you sit at a bar and just have a drink, you can get Covid, but if you order THEIR definition of food to go with that drink, you won't get Covid.

Imagine hearing that explanation and saying "You know, this Cuomo/Newsome guy is pretty intelligent!"

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Gary M said:

simply not true, the curve looks the same just happens at different time intervals depending on first exposure.   image.thumb.png.5781c574ef062a26549cc2b088b285af.png

Huh?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Capture.JPG

2Capture.JPG

3Capture.JPG

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Nah I'll pass. 

You know what’s funny? The states that have various rules like the above have actually flattened the curve.

The ones that haven’t - look at those infection rates.

12 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

It's not that he wants to give up his freedoms. It's that he HAS to. The biggest difference between the leftists here (Tibs, Billstime, TH3, etc) is that they NEED the government to take care of every aspect of their lives because they know they are unable and/or unwilling to do it on their own.

They simply lack the desire, drive and intelligence to be independent. The government should give everyone the same thing...the same benefits, the same paycheck, the same status...because they're too lazy to do anything other than yell "It's not fair" over and over.

Basically the people who won’t return their cart at the grocery store.

• Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Huh?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Capture.JPG

2Capture.JPG

3Capture.JPG

You know what’s funny? The states that have various rules like the above have actually flattened the curve.

The ones that haven’t - look at those infection rates.

So no wings at the bar flattened the curve?  Damn.  How does that work actually? 

34 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

You are delusional. The actual data does not support your case. Look at all these red states at the top of the list with most new cases.

4Capture.JPG

Edited by BillStime

23 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

It's more embarrassing than that. Their states literally have explained that if you sit at a bar and just have a drink, you can get Covid, but if you order THEIR definition of food to go with that drink, you won't get Covid.

Imagine hearing that explanation and saying "You know, this Cuomo/Newsome guy is pretty intelligent!"

Yeah, sandwiches and soups but NO CHICKEN WINGS! The Governor of New York - NO CHICKEN WINGS!

Edited by keepthefaith

More bad news for those with mild symptoms:  

Dr. John Swartzberg, clinical professor emeritus of infectious diseases and vaccinology in the the UC Berkeley-UCSF Joint Medical Program:

”There is evidence now that the virus can directly attack heart muscle cells, and there’s also evidence that the cytokine storm that the virus triggers in the body not only damages the lungs, but can damage the heart,”   https://www.sfgate.com/science/article/COVID-19-damage-of-the-heart-15437575.php  
Boston Red Sox pitcher Eduardo Rodriguez, 27, on Sunday confirmed that he was suffering from myocarditis, an inflammation of the heart muscle, attributed to his coronavirus infection earlier this summer.