The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

7 minutes ago, Magox said:

You know how you see all those "scary" beach images of Florida.  Here is from our morning walk today in Melbourne Beach, Florida.  Our county has a population of 600k.

SCARY!

Melbourne, Beach 4.22.2020.jpg

Melbourne is our favorite beach to visit when we go to Florida. Love it!

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

It's less of a cult and more of an 80s David Lee Roth cover band.

The Cubic Zirconia Daves.

We were something back in the day.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Magox said:

You know how you see all those "scary" beach images of Florida.  Here is from our morning walk today in Melbourne Beach, Florida.  Our county has a population of 600k.

SCARY!

Melbourne, Beach 4.22.2020.jpg

Should be common sense for at least risk areas

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

See. It's hilarious to see how quickly the "cult" label was disseminated from the press to their viewers, now to here. All the while those using it fail to see the inherent projection of their accusation. 

People unable to think for themselves love to mimic what they want to hear.

The funny thing about this whole "cult" thing is that it's a false assumption that doesn't hurt Trump or the people who support him NEAR as much as it hurts the ignorant chuckleheads who are convinced we're Team Trump 'til we die.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, GG said:

What does that have to do with the fact that most people here didn't like and didn't vote for Trump?

Because you'd be much better served to cast a vote for a candidate with a chance who is most aligned with your beliefs.  Also, what do you mean by didn't like?  Does that mean you've changed your mind about him?

19 minutes ago, Foxx said:

perhaps i am in the minority. while i have never been a big proponent of politics in general (don't vote), due to my perceptions of corruption and graft at just about every national level, i saw what he was doing to the establishment during the primaries and rooted for him to upend the proverbial apple cart. i was pleasantly surprised that he ultimately did just that, not to mention that he kept the evil witch out of the White House.

with the above said, my attention to the dog and pony show has never been greater. while i may not agree with his methods or the way he sometimes expresses himself, i am supportive of the man and his actions. his actions speak more loudly than what he might say or any malapropism he may utter. i root for the man because i firmly believe he has my best interests at heart, more so than any politician on the national stage in my lifetime. i could be wrong but my life experiences have led me to where i am today.

There's a major distinction between pre and post election attitudes on Trump.

I'd guess that many who were wary of his performance, are more than pleasantly surprised at how much he's been able to accomplish.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Foxx said:

perhaps i am in the minority. while i have never been a big proponent of politics in general (don't vote), due to my perceptions of corruption and graft at just about every national level, i saw what he was doing to the establishment during the primaries and rooted for him to upend the proverbial apple cart. i was pleasantly surprised that he ultimately did just that, not to mention that he kept the evil witch out of the White House.

with the above said, my attention to the dog and pony show has never been greater. while i may not agree with his methods or the way he sometimes expresses himself, i am supportive of the man and his actions. his actions speak more loudly than what he might say or any malapropism he may utter. i root for the man because i firmly believe he has my best interests at heart, more so than any politician on the national stage in my lifetime. i could be wrong but my life experiences have led me to where i am today.

I think the guy had a chance to really swing people to his side, but he made it so hard for people to like him.  People who say TDS say it simply to troll the people who have found it impossible to like him.  He could have been another Ronald Reagan(who I liked at the time, but not so much in retrospect).  All he had to do was follow Reagan's lead, but his ego was too big for that.

2 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Because you'd be much better served to cast a vote for a candidate with a chance who is most aligned with your beliefs.  Also, what do you mean by didn't like?  Does that mean you've changed your mind about him?

I won't speak for GG, but yes. I didn't vote for him, didn't take him seriously, and presumed (even prognosticated) that HRC would win in a walk. When that was proven to be wrong, and he won, rather than panic and overreact, I opted to study the man closely instead. Not just his words, but his actions and how he would govern. 

And if you go by his record, and especially who his enemies are (the Bushes, the Clintons, and the Obamas -- the entire establishment in DC who have stolen from us, poisoned us, and led us into 20 years of endless war and recession), you see quickly that he's not as bad as the media claims. 

Once you get to that stage of your development, you can start to ask why then is the media so up in arms, calling a man a Nazi who literally has been a centralist democrat his entire life (and is governing like one today). 

You've never gotten to that point. Because you're driven by emotion not reason. That's why you're losing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2