The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

17 minutes ago, GG said:

Hi drive by idiot.  How about answering a single question of the dribble you like to post here?

No need to ever answer questions from members of a cult.

All I did was post the words of your cult leader. You know, the leader who has been patting himself on the back since he learned to talk.

First he tells the terminally stupid that there will not be a pandemic. A month or two later, he tells you that he knew it would be a pandemic before everyone else.

Then, the cult members tell us that he tells it like it is. I understand that you're in a cult and can't process reality, so you just keep yelling and creating a reality that exists only in your brains.

The oddest thing about the cult members is that if Trump does a 180, so do they. I suppose, in a cult, what other choice is there?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Foxx said:

well... just an observation here but, after being at the grocery store yesterday, it seems pretty evident that the quality of the produce in the stores is significantly degrading. it is like the stuff is older than it normally would be and therefore prone to spoilage much sooner. if i am having to dig deep into a display to find something firm, you know others are having to do the same and how many hands exactly have touched the produce i am bringing home? not sure if 'rona survives on produce or for how long but you can be sure others are afraid of this as well.

Maybe start packaging the produce until people gain confidence.  Anything seems better than just tilling it back into the soil.  

3 minutes ago, Kemp said:

All I did was post the words of your cult leader. You know, the leader who has been patting himself on the back since he learned to talk.

First he tells the terminally stupid that there will not be a pandemic. A month or two later, he tells you that he knew it would be a pandemic before everyone else.

Then, the cult members tell us that he tells it like it is. I understand that you're in a cult and can't process reality, so you just keep yelling and creating a reality that exists only in your brains.

The oddest thing about the cult members is that if Trump does a 180, so do they. I suppose, in a cult, what other choice is there?

I think the frustration Kemp is since you haven't been keeping up with the thread, there are many people back in January and throughout February and early March who were saying the same thing.

Did you know that Dr. Fauci in late February said there was "very little risk" and that people could continue on with what they were doing?  Did you know that the governor of New York, Cuomo said there was very little risk in early March?  Did you know that Deblasio said that people can continue on with their normal activities in early to Mid March?  Did you know that Nancy Pelosi in Late February encouraged people to come and visit China Town  SF. in a huge crowd?  The list goes on and on.  It's not to make them look bad, it's that everyone got it wrong here in the U.S

Edited by Magox
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Kemp said:

GG is in a cult ?

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Kemp said:

While I agree with you about them going with whatever he says, I don't know what that says about your intentions.  I at least attempt to debate the facts in good faith.  If you don't think that's possible, and they will all follow everything like a cult, then I have no idea what you think you will accomplish.

12 minutes ago, Kemp said:

How about addressing a single question every time you do a drive by?

Let's repeat - What information did the US scientists transmit in 2019?  Why did CDC tell everyone that the pandemic isn't serious through February 2020?

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I really wish the drive-bys would take some time to read this thread from the beginning so they'd stop repeating the same stupid questions and observations that were debunked eighteen times already over the last month alone.

Yeah right, that's all they know.

48 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I really wish the drive-bys would take some time to read this thread from the beginning so they'd stop repeating the same stupid questions and observations that were debunked eighteen times already over the last month alone.

did you know that TRUMP WAS WRONG?!?!?!?  (He was the only one, too... science-denying racist).

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

CDC director warns second wave of coronavirus is likely to be even more devastating

Robert Redfield, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, testifies about coronavirus preparedness to the House Government Oversight and Reform Committee in March. (Joshua Roberts/Reuters) Robert Redfield, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, testifies about coronavirus preparedness to the House Government Oversight and Reform Committee in March. (Joshua Roberts/Reuters)

By 
April 21, 2020 at 6:41 p.m. EDT

Even as states move ahead with plans to reopen their economies, the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warned Tuesday that a second wave of the novel coronavirus will be far more dire because it is likely to coincide with the start of flu season.

“There’s a possibility that the assault of the virus on our nation next winter will actually be even more difficult than the one we just went through,” CDC Director Robert Redfield said in an interview with The Washington Post. “And when I’ve said this to others, they kind of put their head back, they don’t understand what I mean.”

“We’re going to have the flu epidemic and the coronavirus epidemic at the same time,” he said.

Having two simultaneous respiratory outbreaks would put unimaginable strain on the health-care system, he said. The first wave of covid-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, has already killed more than 42,000 people across the country. It has overwhelmed hospitals and revealed gaping shortages in test kits, ventilators and protective equipment for health-care workers.

Seasonality, explained: What warm weather could mean for the novel coronavirus

President Trump has said warm weather could slow the spread of the novel coronavirus, but experts explain it's too early to know if the virus is seasonal. (John Farrell, Elyse Samuels/The Washington Post)

In a wide-ranging interview, Redfield said federal and state officials need to use the coming months to prepare for what lies ahead. As stay-at-home orders are lifted, officials need to stress the continued importance of social distancing, he said. They also need to massively scale up their ability to identify the infected through testing and find everyone they interact with through contact tracing. Doing so prevents new cases from becoming larger outbreaks.

Asked about protests against stay-at-home orders and calls on states to be “liberated” from restrictions, Redfield said: “It’s not helpful.” The president himself has tweeted encouragements of such protests, urging followers to “LIBERATE MINNESOTA!” and “LIBERATE MICHIGAN!”

Redfield said that he, along with other members of the White House coronavirus task force, have emphasized the importance of social distancing “and the enormous impact that it’s had on this outbreak in our nation.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/04/21/coronavirus-secondwave-cdcdirector/

Tibs, we know that medical experts believe in varying degrees that there will be a second wave. There may also be a third wave, etc until someday hopefully we have effective treatments and maybe a vaccine. If you recall, the shutdown was not meant to prevent any and all future cases of Coronavirus. It was to “ flatten the curve” and not overwhelm hospitals. We needed time to prepare the health system . Through massive personal sacrifice of Americans - 22 million out of work after just 30 days of locking down the economy- we’ve achieved that goal. So yes, as soon as the economy is reopened there will be more cases- Coronavirus isn’t going anywhere , it’s going to be with us for a long time. Is your post just part of the overall Lib tactic of moving the goalposts on Covid19 ? You know, as in we must stay locked down as a Country and society until Covid19 no longer exists? That notion is pure fantasy Tibs, Coronavirus is now part of our world. 

Seattle will reopen 5 library bathrooms during coronavirus pandemic

Seattle Times, by Sydney Brownstone & Daniel Beekman

Original Article

Seattle will reopen five library bathrooms to better meet some of the hygiene needs of the more than 3,500 people living unsheltered in the city during the coronavirus pandemic, the city announced Tuesday afternoon.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, daz28 said:

While I agree with you about them going with whatever he says, I don't know what that says about your intentions.  I at least attempt to debate the facts in good faith.  If you don't think that's possible, and they will all follow everything like a cult, then I have no idea what you think you will accomplish.

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

did you know that TRUMP WAS WRONG?!?!?!?  (He was the only one, too... science-denying racist).

But when he's wrong, it's only because he listened to someone else, which goes against his mantra that he knows more than anyone about anything.  That and but Fauci, but DeBlasio, but Cuomo.  Let them own their own mistakes, and Trump own his own.  Also, I find it hard to believe we had absolutely no intelligence on the ground monitoring the situation in China.  That alone is a HUGE blunder.  China is not our ally, and it's our responsibility to keep our eyes on them.  You can't blame them for our lack of intelligence.  Also, you don't leave the cupboards bare, and blame it on a guy 3 years ago.  Supposedly the military cupboards were bare, and now they're the greatest ever.  Why didn't we do the same thing with our pandemic teams/supplies?

If you all would watch the daily press conferences, you would have seen the CDC guy, Dr Birx, and Dr Fauci say that this may come back again in the fall very strongly. This isn't news.  Please, turn on the pressers. Listen to what the people there are saying. Some information may sound repetitive, but that is so it sinks in. Daily, they have new information, new clarity, new ideas, new guidelines.

This is a new virus. It may have its genesis in old viruses (and why many think it was engineered in a lab). Without honest information, the US and Europe can only rely on what they have seen/experienced the last 2+ months. There are new studies daily, some are contradictory (Dr Birx addressed that... yesterday? Two days ago?)

I am not certain it will ever leave us, hence the need for a vaccine.  You all can thank China for another virus that will be with us always.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Thank you (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

giphy.gif

...and you're not a cult member, right??  Just another guy trying to discover the truth.  Stop patting yourself on the back for being as partisan a hack as anyone else.  Nothing says I'm a genius like stupid memes and gifs, but you do you.  I hope you're not really 60 years old, because posting crap like this makes you seem like you're 17.

Edited by daz28

Idiot Cuomo on now telling us NYers that we haven’t been shut down for that long, and shows graphic of how long WWI and WW II went on. He outdoes himself seemingly every day. A couple days ago he told us the economy wasn’t really shut down- it’s just shut down for those who “ have the luxury of staying home “ to work. Amazing that anyone in NYS supports this nut job. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

If you all would watch the daily press conferences, you would have seen the CDC guy, Dr Birx, and Dr Fauci say that this may come back again in the fall very strongly. This isn't news.  Please, turn on the pressers. Listen to what the people there are saying. Some information may sound repetitive, but that is so it sinks in. Daily, they have new information, new clarity, new ideas, new guidelines.

This is a new virus. It may have its genesis in old viruses (and why many think it was engineered in a lab). Without honest information, the US and Europe can only rely on what they have seen/experienced the last 2+ months. There are new studies daily, some are contradictory (Dr Birx addressed that... yesterday? Two days ago?)

I am not certain it will ever leave us, hence the need for a vaccine.  You all can thank China for another virus that will be with us always.

I watch the pressers and take a shot of whiskey every time Trump mentions that he shut down China in January before everyone else.

Heavy alcohol poisining. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, daz28 said:

...and you're not a cult member, right??  Just another guy trying to discover the truth.  Stop patting yourself on the back for being as partisan a hack as anyone else.  Nothing says I'm a genius like stupid memes and gifs, but you do you

What exactly is a cult member? I'm scratching my head over this one.

It sounds like reporting what the daily pressers say make me a "cult member."

It sounds like blaming the source, China, makes me a "cult member."

It sounds like watching the mobilization of our health care, R&D, manufacturing - which has been completely hammered the last 8-40 years in pro-China, pro-offshore, policies during that time - and being in awe of what has been accomplished during that period, makes me a cult member.

You are now blaming the US for not having a spy in the Wuhan facility. Whoa Nellie... I think you may want to check a few articles on Hih, Harvard, the WHO, and more (use duckduckgo as google scrubs).  Follow the money. Follow the people who have ignored current government regulations to do what they please (follow the money). I am pretty sure there may be more of this in the China thread.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

What exactly is a cult member? I'm scratching my head over this one.

It sounds like reporting what the daily pressers say make me a "cult member."

It sounds like blaming the source, China, makes me a "cult member."

It sounds like watching the mobilization of our health care, R&D, manufacturing - which has been completely hammered the last 8-40 years in pro-China, pro-offshore, policies during that time - and being in awe of what has been accomplished during that period, makes me a cult member.

You are now blaming the US for not having a spy in the Wuhan facility. Whoa Nellie... I think you may want to check a few articles on Hih, Harvard, the WHO, and more (use duckduckgo as google scrubs).  Follow the money. Follow the people who have ignored current government regulations to do what they please (follow the money). I am pretty sure there may be more of this in the China thread.

I was just using it in the sense that Kemp was, because billsfan2003 was insinuating I don't debate with any good faith(just here to troll)

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, meazza said:

I watch the pressers and take a shot of whiskey every time Trump mentions that he shut down China in January before everyone else.

Heavy alcohol poisining. 

My post from April 7th. Because I got tired of this one. The US was the second country to close to China. The first one was the Marshall Islands, population 58,000.  Airport information.  Not a lot of air traffic.

MARSHALL ISLANDS imposed an entry ban on anyone from China or who has transited through China, requiring that those individuals spend at least fourteen days in a country not affected by the coronavirus prior to arriving in the Marshall Islands, effective January 24

If accurate, this would be a great source for travel restrictions.

Everyone else followed the US travel ban (recall the gasp heard 'round the world?)

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

My post from April 7th. Because I got tired of this one. The US was the second country to close to China. The first one was the Marshall Islands, population 58,000.  Airport information.  Not a lot of air traffic.

MARSHALL ISLANDS imposed an entry ban on anyone from China or who has transited through China, requiring that those individuals spend at least fourteen days in a country not affected by the coronavirus prior to arriving in the Marshall Islands, effective January 24

If accurate, this would be a great source for travel restrictions.

Everyone else followed the US travel ban (recall the gasp heard 'round the world?)

Ok.  It was a joke.