The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

2 hours ago, TBBills said:

People are not smart enough to look stuff up.

Yeah I’m a dummy. I looked it up and couldn’t any news article stating that it was the largest single day.  I saw one graph on that link.  You’d think she MSM would be all over that great news!!  

17 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Just bizzaro 

These Trump supporters just shrug and say but Hillary’s emails 

Is the alien sperm thing just a joke? 

Did you watch the press conference? Probably not. I did. I thought it was hilarious. You really need to get a sense of humor. Fauchi is a court jester at best. A typical government hack who does nothing all day long while other people do all the hard work. He’s exactly the kind of guy that the Left loves. Act super empathetic while other people are actually getting things done. Obama was the poster child for this sort of approach.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Did you watch the press conference? Probably not. I did. I thought it was hilarious. You really need to get a sense of humor. Fauchi is a court jester at best. A typical government hack who does nothing all day long while other people do all the hard work. He’s exactly the kind of guy that the Left loves. Act super empathetic while other people are actually getting things done. Obama was the poster child for this sort of approach.

The left doesn't have a sense of humor unless it's LE getting injured or killed during "peaceful protests"

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Fauci, no "h." 

Fauci has a pretty impressive resume in infectious disease. Wiki:

Anthony Stephen Fauci ( /ˈfi/; born December 24, 1940) is an American physician and immunologist who has served as the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) since 1984. Since January 2020, he has been one of the lead members of the Trump administration's White House Coronavirus Task Force addressing the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States. Fauci is one of the world's leading experts on infectious diseases, and during the early stages of the pandemic The New Yorker and The New York Times described Fauci as one of the most trusted medical figures in the United States.[1][2][3][4]

As a physician with the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Fauci has served American public health in various capacities for over 50 years, and has been an advisor to every U.S. president since Ronald Reagan.[3] He has made contributions to HIV/AIDS research and other immunodeficiency diseases, both as a scientist and as the head of the NIAID at the NIH.[5] From 1983 to 2002, Fauci was one of the world's most-cited scientists in scientific journals.[5]

Edited by shoshin

1 minute ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Who do you think are the "other people actually getting things done" while "Fauchi" plays the court jester act? Who deserves credit? Let's talk positive!

The local and state officials and executives who are actually in charge of the healthcare facilities.

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

Those are some of her more rational beliefs. She also believes that some medical conditions are caused by having sex with demons. 

Are we sure Trump doesn't post here? 

Hey, there are a load of people in PPP who still believe in Russian collusion. Everyone is a little bit crazy. ?‍♂️

I do like the "attack the messenger's beliefs" lockstep. Those 4am talking point memos are a real hoot lately.

When someone is in the field and sees something working  that the "experts" and the drug companies do not like... dig to discredit the person because the in-field treatment that works and costs a whopping 50¢ a dose must be destroyed at all cost.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Hey, there are a load of people in PPP who still believe in Russian collusion. Everyone is a little bit crazy. ?‍♂️

Everyone is not POTUS. 

I do like the "attack the messenger's beliefs" lockstep. Those 4am talking point memos are a real hoot lately.

Quoting a woman who believes that alien ***** and sex with demons makes us crazy shows a lack of mental and leadership discipline you might look for in the President of the United States.

When someone is in the field and sees something working  that the "experts" and the drug companies do not like... dig to discredit the person because the in-field treatment that works and costs a whopping 50¢ a dose must be destroyed at all cost.

If you're going to wade into a scientific debate, sources matter. Trump does not care though because he thinks he's right. Back to lack of mental discipline. 

Just now, shoshin said:

Everyone is not POTUS. 

Quoting a woman who believes that alien ***** and sex with demons makes us crazy shows a lack of mental and leadership discipline you might look for in the President of the United States.

If you're going to wade into a scientific debate, sources matter. Trump does not care though because he thinks he's right. Back to lack of mental discipline. 

You may want to stick with regurgitating data you find on the CDC. Critical thinking does not appear to be your strong suit. ? 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

You may want to stick with regurgitating data you find on the CDC. Critical thinking does not appear to be your strong suit. ? 

CDC >  woman who believes that sex with demons causes disease

Do you believe the opposite? 

The CDC recommends schools should be open. Do you question that? 

Edited by shoshin

Countries are being told they will get more $$$$ from the IMF by imposing stricter lockdown measures:

Belarus president unwilling to accept additional terms to get foreign loans

According to the president, the World Bank has showed interest in Belarus' coronavirus response practices. “It is ready to fund us ten times more than it offered initially as a token of commendation for our efficient fight against this virus. The World Bank has even asked the Healthcare Ministry to share the experience. Meanwhile, the IMF continues to demand from us quarantine measures, isolation, a curfew. This is nonsense. We will not dance to anyone's tune,” said the president.

https://eng.belta.by/president/view/belarus-president-unwilling-to-accept-additional-terms-to-get-foreign-loans-131164-2020/

More:

https://greatgameindia.com/belarus-world-bank-coronavirus-conditions/

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Countries are being told they will get more $$$$ from the IMF by imposing stricter lockdown measures:

Belarus president unwilling to accept additional terms to get foreign loans

According to the president, the World Bank has showed interest in Belarus' coronavirus response practices. “It is ready to fund us ten times more than it offered initially as a token of commendation for our efficient fight against this virus. The World Bank has even asked the Healthcare Ministry to share the experience. Meanwhile, the IMF continues to demand from us quarantine measures, isolation, a curfew. This is nonsense. We will not dance to anyone's tune,” said the president.

https://eng.belta.by/president/view/belarus-president-unwilling-to-accept-additional-terms-to-get-foreign-loans-131164-2020/

More:

https://greatgameindia.com/belarus-world-bank-coronavirus-conditions/

I do not understand this. What benefit is it to the World Bank to require Belarus to follow Italy's COVID-19 response?

18 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I do not understand this. What benefit is it to the World Bank to require Belarus to follow Italy's COVID-19 response?

A few guesses.  

The IMF can benefit from this crisis by showing how badly it is needed in future crisis.. .so funding.  

Also I believe the loans are still with interest.  I would need to look into that.  

They also use their loans as leverage to get countries to comply with a whole host of policies. 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Everyone is not POTUS. 

Do you think that, as POTUS, he should personally vet every person before retweeting them? Or do you think, perhaps, someone asked him if he saw the video of the doctor seeing positive results from HCQ and he retweeted it without even thinking because he's a narcissist and revels in his opinions to be reaffirmed? 

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/509344-bill-gates-benefits-almost-always-outweigh-the-costs-for-younger-students-to

Bill Gates argued for the reopening of schools amid the coronavirus pandemic, telling CNBC on Tuesday that the "benefits outweigh the costs for younger students to return for in-person learning."

“I’m a big believer that for young children, the benefits in almost every location — particularly if you can protect the teachers well — the benefits outweigh the costs,” Gates said on “Squawk Box.”

Gates also said the dynamics begin to change when talking about relatively older students.

“As you get up to age, like, 13 and higher, then you’ll have to look at your locale to decide what you’ll do with high schools,” he said.

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

Breaking: Doctor who believes people have sex with demons should not be listened to, say people who continually re-elect a congressman who believes too many bodies will cause Guam to tip over.

There are millions of people with ridiculous beliefs. Discounting every single thing they say as a result will not provide the results you're looking for.

But, hey...cancel away. Ban the videos! Stop the distribution! It's important that social media platforms are in charge of what we see and hear.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Do you think that, as POTUS, he should personally vet every person before retweeting them?

The POTUS shouldn't knee jerk out tweets about a pandemic. 

Whether he vets them himself or discusses his announcements with others before taking them, I am not looking for my POTUS to be an unfiltered Twitter-reguritator. If he decides to be an unfiltered retweeter, then the consequence is of re-Tweeting the devil-***** lady as credible source is that he gets to be questioned about it (And then he can stomp his feet and run out of press briefings--taking no responsibility for his stupidity). 

27 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Or do you think, perhaps, someone asked him if he saw the video of the doctor seeing positive results from HCQ and he retweeted it without even thinking because he's a narcissist and revels in his opinions to be reaffirmed? 

This too. 

5 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Breaking: Doctor who believes people have sex with demons should not be listened to, say people who continually re-elect a congressman who believes too many bodies will cause Guam to tip over.

Your defense of the president is that we should accept idiocy? 

America weeps.

2 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Your defense of the president is that we should accept idiocy? 

America weeps.

Have you given your log in credentials to Billstime or Tibs.

It's so weird. You spend days having relatively logical Covid conversations, and then you spend a few minutes going full Biden and it's confusing.

But if you read my post and took that as me defending Trump, repeating it more slowly probably won't help you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 7/24/2020 at 7:43 AM, B-Man said:

COLORADO: Gov. Polis orders last call for alcohol sales at 10 p.m. citing younger people ‘leading this spread’ of COVID-19.

Governors continue to "order" 

What happened to us ?

"Land of the free. Home of the brave"? So sad, and I am being sincere,  it's no longer. Not even close.

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

But if you read my post and took that as me defending Trump, repeating it more slowly probably won't help you.

Kinda like how me saying at least we can all agree that you can be skeptical of a doctor's opinion on the pandemic was a defense of demon lady when in reality my point was simply that past crazy opinions do not invalidate new opinions by default. Maybe she's right, maybe she isn't. Strongest defense ever!

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Kinda like how me saying at least we can all agree that you can be skeptical of a doctor's opinion on the pandemic was a defense of demon lady when in reality my point was simply that past crazy opinions do not invalidate new opinions by default. Maybe she's right, maybe she isn't. Strongest defense ever!

Unfortunately, this is the way the left argues. They wait for one little error...an error most thinking people would see as an outlier...and have it apply to the entire picture.

Crazy demon sex woman was one of a dozen plus doctors in that video. But lacking the ability to think for themselves, the left grabs that one little piece of stupidity...a piece of stupidity on display by millions of people every day...and repeat it ad nauseam to discredit the entire video.

Now throw in the other truth that those with the biggest bullhorn drive the narrative, and it's easy to see how suddenly Google and Facebook and Twitter ban not just the video, but anyone who posts it.

But hey...crazy demon sex women! That's all you need to know!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, IDBillzFan said:

Crazy demon sex woman was one of a dozen plus doctors in that video

#FakeNews 

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/87797

The latest viral video promoting COVID-19 misinformation features a newly formed group called America's Frontline Doctors. About 10 physicians, dressed in white coats with an embroidered America's Frontline Doctors logo, spoke for 45 minutes in front of the Supreme Court on Monday on a range of COVID-19 talking points, from hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) being curative to the mental health effects of lockdown outweighing the toll of the virus itself.

But none of them have practices that would place them on the actual front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic. Some don't currently practice at all.

Two of those appearing at the Monday event are ophthalmologists, one of whom is no longer licensed. MedPage Today could find no evidence that any of the speakers worked in hospitals with significant numbers of COVID-19 patients.

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

When did this esteem group of medical professionals come about? Can you remind us when this group - American Frontline Doctors - created/published their website?  A week ago? 

This woman is an absolute kook - as nutty as a squirrel - and the POTUS is promoting her medical advice during the worst pandemic in a century.

Yeah - they have so much cred.

And why am I not surprised you are still carrying their luggage?

Cuz...

image.thumb.jpeg.ddb3e03cabf40df0ab0784ced101fc57.jpeg

18 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

#FakeNews 

The latest viral video promoting COVID-19 misinformation features a newly formed group called America's Frontline Doctors. About 10 physicians, dressed in white coats with an embroidered America's Frontline Doctors logo, spoke for 45 minutes in front of the Supreme Court on Monday on a range of COVID-19 talking points, from hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) being curative to the mental health effects of lockdown outweighing the toll of the virus itself.

But none of them have practices that would place them on the actual front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic. Some don't currently practice at all.

Two of those appearing at the Monday event are ophthalmologists, one of whom is no longer licensed. MedPage Today could find no evidence that any of the speakers worked in hospitals with significant numbers of COVID-19 patients.

Its "misinformation" to say the collective toll on the mental health of the country is a bigger threat than the virus?

Who deems that "misinformation?"

More importantly, who f....ing cares what drug a Dr. prescribed to their patients?  How does this affect your life?  Why is this a problem for you?

Shouldn't it raise more eyebrows that they claim to KNOW HCQ doesn't work AT ALL on a new virus.....when on July 1 the FDA said it was fine.  Then when pressured (lots of things being done bc of "pressure" you'd think we'd want all hands on deck.)

This is just bizarre.

19 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

#FakeNews 

Says the people who constantly trot out Bill Nye the Science Guy to lecture us about global cooling warming climate change crisis. :lol:

You folks will never understand the larger point that just because these people don't meet your requirements is NO reason for your social media warlords to ban them and everyone who shares their video.

Independent thinkers get this. Leftists never do.

• Like (+1) 2