The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Press: the US will be more prepared, how can you say it will not come back.
Trump: If it comes back, it will not be like before. We have better containment, and watching hot spots. If it does come back, it will not be what we went through.

Trump, Redfield, Birx seem to be emphasizing get the flu shot.

Press: Why are we still getting ventilators?
Trump: We may need them for something else (listing stuff).  Something could happen. Now monologuing about ventilator production.

The US will be sending ventilators to a lot of countries.  From Italy to Pakistan, etc.

Still waiting for his answer on how he knows the virus will not come back.  He was asked the question twice.  He could have summed it up in two appropriate words: fake science. 

Trump:
Encouraging to see states open up. Social distancing, follow the phases.
Wash your hands, face covering when distancing is impractical.
We must guard against a rebound.

This never should have happened. (Referring to it never should have left China.)

Reminding the Governors that they have a lot of lab testing capacity available.
Governors have customized plans for their states.
Working with the states to help them succeed.
Told the governor of Georgia he disagreed with opening some of the facilities. But, he must do what he thinks is right.  Trump thinks it is too soon for hair dressers, nail salons, :censored: and tattoo parlors.

The blue angels and thunder birds will be performing shows over America cities. (I don't think he said shows, but whatever)

• Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

I think you got Corn Pop mixed up with Pop Tarty

Pop Tarty was a worthless and empty. Sure, he looked good standing there on the corner with his shiny outfit, but on the inside, he was devoid of any value.

Now their Cap'n, Crunch, was great. Just the best.

Edited by Koko78

9 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Oh goody, DiBlasio (the guy that wanted to still have a St Patrick's Day Parade and encouraged people to go out to restaurants & bars well into March) is in charge of a tri-state program to trace people. Good choice. -)

No argument there.  But it is kind of like the guy who called the thing a hoax having “absolute authority” to run the show.  Two bad ideas. 

4 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Still waiting for his answer on how he knows the virus will not come back.  He was asked the question twice.  He could have summed it up in two appropriate words: fake science. 

He seemed to be adamant that it won't be coming back in the fall anywhere near what it is now.  God, I pray to God he's right about that.

That's the longest he's ever went before getting into the miyyuns an biyyuns talk

If he just gave me some good numbers on tests becoming available, I'll be very happy.

Edited by daz28

Just now, daz28 said:

He seemed to be adamant that it won't be coming back in the fall anywhere near what it is now.  God, I pray to God he's right about that.

How he knows that remains a mystery. 

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

Me too.  But he’s talking out of his posterior again.  Just like he was on the miracle drug thing.  

Trump:
Senate answered the call for the paycheck protection program. Urging House to pass the bill without delay.
Thanking all the banks for stepping up.

Going on about Harvard, and Stanford (Princeton said they never asked for money, and will not. I will try and find the tweet.)

Princeton tweet:

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, daz28 said:

That's the longest he's ever went before getting into the miyyuns an biyyuns talk

If he just gave me some good numbers on tests becoming available, I'll be very happy.

not watching now.  Birx to explain, or  Birx to figure it out? 

46 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax. 

Also, comments like these are why you were placed on the snowflake list and why I have now placed you on the “Washed up Psycho” list with Deranged Rhino.

Hoax. 

Who cares about your contrived lists, created to make you seem important in some way? You came here as an idiot and continue to validate that with every one of your posts. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

How he knows that remains a mystery. 

Me too.  But he’s talking out of his posterior again.  Just like he was on the miracle drug thing.  

He was adamant that America wouldn't have a pandemic. 

You know, to you #######s... would you prefer he was a Debbie Downer like you guys? Would you prefer he was oh-woe-is-us?  The Monday-Morning-Quarterbacking has been over the top ridiculous.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

You know, to you #######s... would you prefer he was a Debbie Downer like you guys? Would you prefer he was on-woe-is-us?  The Monday-Morning-Quarterbacking has been over the top ridiculous.

Right! I don't even like the guy, but I'm hoping he gets it right.  I think it's disgusting if anyone's rooting for him to fail.  

I feel bad for the doctor now.  He kinda put her in line for some tough questions coming up

Edited by daz28
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

He kinda was good, except for the ventilator story rant, but I think he's gonna go ballistic when they start questioning Dr. Birx.  Is it bad that I'm lol

So I'm guessing he's asking the protestors to stop until the states reopen?  Pence seemed to just say that.

Edited by daz28

Pence:
Continuing to see declines in major cities that were most impacted.
NJ/NYC-metro appears past peak.
The positive rate is going down.
Reminding that the guidelines are working, and should continue.
We want to safely reopen America. The fastest way is to continue to do what you have been doing.
Went to Madison WI yesterday (GE healthcare team).
Defense production act - repurpose, got them materials, the union sat down with GE healthcare that allowed them to bring in workers. They doubled, and will now be tripling the line (3 shifts, 24/7) for more ventilators. We will have 110K ventilators in xx days (I missed that).
Continuing National Guard partnering through May 31st.
More than 5,500 active military personnel including 900---something medical.
A lot of these people are disinfecting nursing homes over the US.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1