The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

So let me get this straight. New York, led by a Democrat, was a genius leader until he stuck old sick people in nursing homes. California, led by another Democrat,  genius leader who did everything right until he didn't and now his state leads the nation in new cases. Florida, led by a Republican, was perfect until they weren't and now they're seeing a rise in cases.  When you people learn that this is NOT political! It's a virus.  It's not the 'fault' of any politician...not even Donald Trump.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So let me get this straight. New York, led by a Democrat, was a genius leader until he stuck old sick people in nursing homes. California, led by another Democrat,  genius leader who did everything right until he didn't and now his state leads the nation in new cases. Florida, led by a Republican, was perfect until they weren't and now they're seeing a rise in cases.  When you people learn that this is NOT political! It's a virus.  It's not the 'fault' of any politician...not even Donald Trump.

sure, the virus is not political but that doesn't stop the left from politicizing it.

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

We are beyond the point of understanding that this is highly political.  The question is, what are people going to do about it?

Suggested answer:

Vote

• Like (+1) 4

28 minutes ago, Magox said:

They do.  It's part of the CARE's ACT.   If a COVID infected or assumed to be infected patient dies and is on a Medicare or a Ventilator they get paid more.

Whether or not hospitals would lie, it definitely benefits them at this end having extra people with covid. Especially if they're not actually needing intensive care. 

4 hours ago, Magox said:

That's not what I said.

I said "Open up the schools".  

I didn't say "We should have opened up the schools", even though in hindsight we should have.

We know for a fact that the virus is less deadly than the common flu for kids under the age of 19.  That is proven in the data.  So on that front, the kids are at a very relatively low risk.

So now the only question is, if we send to kids to school will they serve as a potent vector of transmission of COVID to other kids and adults?

Sweden didn't shut down their schools and there is plenty of data to suggest from Sweden that shows that the schools played no virtually no role in transmitting the virus.  Countless studies have all shown the same.   

Any responsible decision maker doesn't purely look at things from a vacuum, in this case a COVID vacuum.   Now that we know that kids are at relatively low risk from dying from the virus and that there is plenty of data to show that they are low emitters of the virus, is it worth the risk to have children fall behind in their education?   Who are the kids that suffer the most?  Families of lower socio economic demographics, many of these families don't have internet or laptops and are falling behind in their education.  Many of these kids depend on the school lunch programs for nourishment.  Many of these kids are at home with abusive parents who are stressed out over everything that is going on.  Many of these kids are suffering from their own depressions and anxieties not having the social contact that many need.

When you balance out the ledger, it is clear that going to school makes sense.

School's done, bro.

22 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

lol snopes.

snopes. no really.

:lol:

What's your go-to for fact/hoax checking? Alex Jones? Redstate?

3 minutes ago, Magox said:

Have you devolved?

I'm just not sure what your point is. School is over anyway. You're not saying we should have opened them earlier, considering hindsight. We should open schools, except the school year is done.

What point were you trying to make?

28 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Real news here but actually fake. 

There's a website that rhymes with "dopes" that you and half the Twittersphere should use more. 

If you kbow it is fake why not just post the proof rather then name calling? 

2 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

I'm just not sure what your point is. School is over anyway. You're not saying we should have opened them earlier, considering hindsight. We should open schools, except the school year is done.

Let's see here.

Option A)  We can't go back in the past 

Option B)  Schools aren't open

Option C) Schools will be open in a couple months

Through process of elimination, Option A and B aren't an option.

So that leaves us with

Drum roll,  please..............

Option C)  When the schools open back up.

Gene, this wasn't too hard to conclude.   You're slippin

On 6/22/2020 at 4:56 PM, spartacus said:

can you say Z-pack and zinc

have your competitors been ravaged by covid? 

what steps did they take?

...don't know the status of our electrical competitors.....we have multiple relationships on larger projects.....we could be prime to the Owner who may or may not have a Construction Manager...or a sub to a general contractor, etc.......thus requirements and the strictness of those requirements can vary......we are also on projects with other trades......so one of their employees could turn you in for non-compliance due to personal fear of Covid-19...... so we chose to adopt the highest compliance standard for all work to simpifly it..BTW,we have seen and heard some contractors adding a separate line item to their billing, "CHARGE FOR COVID-19 PPE COMPLIANCE", charging customers anywhere from $50-$100+ monthly to cover the cost of masks, etc....great way (COUGH) to nickle and dime your customers, alienating them over the long haul........

Originally saw this in Epoch Times, didn't post the link because of the paywall. Here is an excerpt:

The CCP Virus has mutated, and the new strain now spreading in Beijing is allegedly more infectious and more deadly than the previous strain. This is according to data released by China’s CDC, which posted three sets of virus sequences, all of which carry the mutation known as D614G. According to Caixin, previous research has shown the mutation could make the virus twice as contagious, and that it may make the virus more deadly as well.

Similar claims are being made by researchers at the Scripps Research Institute in Florida. CNN reported the researchers “believe they have shown that the new coronavirus has mutated in a way that makes it more easily infect human cells.” Scripps Research virologist Hyeryun Choe said in a statement, “Viruses with this mutation were much more infectious than those without the mutation in the cell culture system we used.”

Here is a link to a variation of the article, although it does not mention the China connection...

https://www.wdbj7.com/2020/06/22/mutation-may-make-coronavirus-more-infectious/

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

The school year is not necessarily done. California for example splits their school year up into 3 semesters with one month off between those semesters.

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

The school year is not necessarily done. California for example splits their school year up into 3 semesters with one month off between those semesters.

...it can't be and should not be.....take every necessary precaution to get kids back into a strict, learning environment ASAP...and I am NOT demeaning the yeoman efforts of some parents for their regimented home schooling....these kids also need to be back in their social interaction environment.....remember celebrating getting out of school late June and dreading going back in early September?......hell, school has been out since March and look at the effect it has had on some TBD middle school posters......they worry me....

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Foxx said:

did i wake up in another timeline? weren't they saying at one point that black people were more susceptible to Kung Flu?

they were never "more susceptible". 

black americans were dying at a faster rate because they were the ones out there in the front lines working while the rest of america worked from home. 

it's also lack of access to quality healthcare. another example of why America's medical system is totally broken. 

2 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

black americans were dying at a faster rate because they were the ones out there in the front lines working while the rest of america worked from home. 

it's also lack of access to quality healthcare. another example of why America's medical system is totally broken. 

2 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

wha?? you're clinically insane if you think this holds even the remotest  kernel of truth.

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

wha?? you're clinically insane if you think this holds even the remotest  kernel of truth.

your clinically insane if you actually think a virus is more lethal towards a group of individuals based on their ***** skin color 

there has been ZERO , BIG FAT ZERO scientific evidence that supports this false claim 

Edited by Penfield45

1 minute ago, Penfield45 said:

if your going to keep posting pointless videos in a thread about a serious life threatening virus you should be posting here 

You are correct. I should post here. I knew that we had common ground.

1 minute ago, bilzfancy said:

Spent many teenage nights drunk as a skunk, and many mornings puking my guts out on that stuff.

YEP straight out of the bottle held inside a paper bag in a kiddie park  back in the day #memories

5 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

your clinically insane if you actually think a virus is more lethal towards a group of individuals based on their ***** skin color 

there has been ZERO , BIG FAT ZERO scientific evidence that supports this false claim 

Sickle cell anemia attacks white people? No, I don't think it's a virus either.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Muppy said:

YEP straight out of the bottle held inside a paper bag in a kiddie park  back in the day #memories

The hangovers were the worst, probably what turned me off alcohol. I barely even drink beer now, but yeah good memories of a good, much simpler time.

14 minutes ago, Muppy said:

alcohol, in a paper bag, at a kiddie park....

hmmmm.....

Edited by Foxx

24 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

Paper bag was a must, although everyone knew what was in it, but sometimes we'd drink Coke out of the bag

we used to do 'purple people eaters'... mad dog 20/20 mixed with vodka. we were young then so hangovers were the least of our concerns.

however, we didn't do it at the kiddie park....

Edited by Foxx

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

??

We have two semesters, and the school year ended three weeks ago.