The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

it goes farther than Cuomo's tweet of, "...all people MUST wear a mask or face covering in public in situations where social distancing is not possible.".

you must have a mask with you at all times, even if you can socially distance, in case the situation arises where distancing is not possible.

639b0140-16a4-4807-b09a-fdd8b1dbd3f4-med

• Thank you (+1) 2

Trump up

Nationwide the data suggests we are past the peak

Have completed more than 3.3M tests

Today Abbott Labs have developed a test to show if someone has had COVID-19. Can screen up to 20M tests a (week? month? I missed it)

Listing all the PPE materials distributed, and what they have on order.

GM will ship over 600 ventilators this month alone. GM sent a video clip that they are playing. (Awww I was hoping he was lying and it was another #FakeNews montage)

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

it goes farther than Cuomo's tweet of, "...all people MUST wear a mask or face covering in public in situations where social distancing is not possible.".

you must have a mask with you at all times, even if you can socially distance, in case the situation arises where distancing is not possible.

639b0140-16a4-4807-b09a-fdd8b1dbd3f4-med

Maybe a company can come up with a little pouch that's useful for carrying your mask and your papers, that way when you get stopped they're easy to get to... 

• Thank you (+1) 2

Therapies are priority 1 since they take care of people right now. Vaccines will come, therapies are most important right now (paraphrased)

Blaming Congress that they are understaffed approvals due to the Democrats. Explaining how the Ds are drawing all confirmations out.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Wow, some of us were actually ahead of the curve on this one.

Do not believe a !@#$ING thing the mainstream media tells you. They're all liars and enemies of the people.

The WHO, CDC and NIH will be breathlessly protecting their cozy crew of academia too.

If China is #1 at fault, the academics doing this work and funding it are #1A. They knew of these labs, of the work, and the danger and they will all cover each other's asses because....grant money and some will believe the science must move forward, regardless of how many pandemics these idiots cause.

Edited by dpberr

He said that there are 2.5 years of backlog because the Democrats are drawing out the process, and some of those positions are needed for funding/finance for the COVID-19. And undersecretary for food has been stuck for years so they can work on food production during the crisis.

Senate is gone through May 4th. He's talking about recess appointments, and there is gaveling so he cannot do that. The Senate should do its duty or formal adjourn.

Every week there are roadblocks against the administration. (This is true)

He's going to adjourn both houses of congress!!! If they don't do it themselves.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I disagree. Distancing and shutdown has helped curb the numbers at this point, surely (though another conversation is the long term plan and whether or not it will eventually have its way anyways), but I don't think there's a good argument that distancing has taken the extreme models and completely blown them up. The disparity is too severe. 

This is fundamentally disagree with. Moral imparatives change with the seasons. Individual rights (constitutional rights, specifically) are set in stone. That's the foundation of America. Without that we're just waiting to be taken advantage of. 

I do agree with this- but with the main emphasis on "voluntary." That's not what we're seeing. We're seeing little baby tyrants popping up all over our country. 

I get your meaning here, but this really misses the historical realities of the "slippery slope" that is political precedence. 

I would be a helluva lot easier to agree with you if this virus expresses itself differently — like turning your thumb pink. But based on the facts we have at hand, social distancing has helped and it has helped in areas that haven’t been hard hit (I’d wager). The plan was to limit the spread until treatments can catch up with demand. It was to limit the spread until enough PPE was gathered to assist caregivers.  We’ve seen “one” case turn into many fatalities in several communities.  Travel and commerce are too prevalent to stop the spread without these measures.  I don’t agree that disparity was too severe if there wasn’t enough testing going on while this virus was brewing among communities.

Could there have been a regional response?  Perhaps, but we still would have needed a lot of testing and tracing contacts.  That’s probably more intrusive to personal rights.

The Bill of Rights is based upon morality and inalienable rights and, yes, there are times when one right is subsumed for another. I don’t believe that we always can get the whole schmear all the time. 

With regards to the “voluntary” nature of asserting or waiving ones’s rights, that happenes all the time. Not everyone has the right to assemble in violation of health, building department, and fire codes. That’s just one simple example. I do agree that some governors have used heavier hands than others. And they will be challenged, like today in Michigan.

And the point where I do agree with you most is that there is a slippery slope element to this.  We, as a country, practiced social distancing back during the Spanish Flu in 1918. Those measures were obviously relaxed when the need passed. We must make sure that these measures remain temporary.  All I can say is that this is and should remain temporary; that people shouldn’t give up their rights to object once the need abates; that until then we should comply up to the limit of the government’s intrusion. 

?

• Like (+1) 1

Talking to the Governors tomorrow (with Pence). Hoping for some states to open before May 1. Not all states are the same.

Spoke to all those leaders he named yesterday today. He's going on about  opening the sports league. They gave some great ideas on how to get things open again.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal

Dr. Brix: declines in cases across the country. Deaths continue.  She's talking about social distancing again. There are nine states with less than 1K cases.  The west coast states never had a peak. They are being studied specifically.

She is suggesting you do not do larger get togethers just yet (she said 20+)... yet... Follow social distancing.

The Governors and Mayors will have to make decisions based on their communities needs.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal

Department of Agriculture Sonny Perdue: guidance for essential food workers if you are  exposed to COVID-19. He's explaining more on that.
Impacting food processing facilities.
American food supply is strong, resilient, and safe.
Shifting when necessary.
CDC has guidelines if a facility has a positive case.

We have plenty of food for people. We have a demand issue, not a supply issue.

They are realigning institutional settings with grocery settings.

Trump: distribute the billions of dollars in money from China in tariffs to the farmers (it made sense when he said it).

Pence: 3,324,000 test have been completed.
Listing the recovery stats.
27K people have died in the US.

New coronavirus team guidelines tomorrow.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Pence: Half the states in America have less than 2,500 COVID-19 cases.

629K Americans have tested positive for COVID-19.

Mayo clinic is working with the Red Cross for convalescent COVID-19 plasma treatment.

Facial masks average daily delivery is 22M

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1