The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

18 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

That's quite an oversimplified analysis.

The major assumption being that the ONLY cause for an increase in deaths of that small of a sample size is Corona.  Without looking at any other factors during that period of time, or having any way to control any of the other factors

It's quick and it's easy ands it probably gets you pretty close to the actual number, but it's not a 100%.  

Maybe it's better to present the death numbers like poll numbers? Give a margin of error.

It's fair to give a margin of error on the undocumented cases.  But until last week, all NYS Wuhan-related deaths were tested positive - and they all were running at multiples of historic trends.

Edited by GG
  • Like (+1) 1

Under NO circumstances should we be giving up rights bestowed on us by the Constitution. I don't care if this hoax were actually real. I don't care if the Chinese were invading. The Bill Of Rights and the Constitution are the law of the land. Not un elected compromised government bureaucracies CDC, IRS etc Not Gavin Newsome. Not Donald Trump. WTF  was he babbling about he has control over the states? That's a gdamn straight up lie! I'm a Trump guy and he's pissing me off!) Not like the MSM reporters questioning him care about the Bill of Rights either

Anyway, consider what one of charter members of the NWO/Tri Lateral Commission had to say way back in the day. How easy it is to manipulate sheep.

Henry Kissinger in an address to the super secret Bilderberg Organization meeting at Evian, France, May 21, 1992 said the following as transcribed from a tape recording made by one of the Swiss delegates:

"Today American's would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order; tomorrow they will be grateful. This is especially true if they were told there was an outside threat from beyond, whether real or promulgated, that threatened our very existence. It is then that all peoples of the world will plead with world leaders to deliver them from this evil. The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this scenario, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well being granted to them by their world government."

"You have to understand. Future wars will be fought by capitalists and anti-capitalists as society polarises. When that happens, control of information will be as important as control of territory used to be in conventional conflicts. If you can stop your enemy from destroying your information, then you have a good chance of winning the war."

Edited by Dante

58 minutes ago, GG said:

Then don't talk about these numbers being "cooked" by somebody, because the numbers are what they are.  

I fall somewhere between you and @Buffalo_Gal. I believe the numbers are muddied, not cooked. I wonder if the numbers will drop on average the rest of the year to account for people who's time left was cut short by a few months.

In any case, your point stands that this is a tragedy that shouldn't be understated. You can't put a value on the precious extra months spent with loved ones lost.

5 hours ago, shoshin said:

Your summary is not what the scientists in the article say.

Negative headlines get eyeballs though. 

Here’s an alternative accurate summary. 

Virus mutates to less harmful variant. Vaccines may be adapted in future, similar to flu. 

RNA replication is sloppy. Mutations are expected. 

with Bill Gates blessing, we should have a vaccine well before one is available for the swine flu and bird flu from decades past

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Yup, I am sick. You got me.

You are so gloomed onto anyone questioning what is going on with the COVID-19 data that you clearly cannot or will not, see what is going on with the manipulation of deaths "from" COVID-19.  This matters when trying to model, discuss why it is being spread, how it is being spread, how susceptible people are to it, what per-existing conditions are most susceptible to death when "with" COVID-19, etc. There is a lot of things to be learned, but only honest data can help draw honest conclusions.  Enough people are actually dying from COVID-19 that there is no need to assign it as a cause of death to someone who died from something else. That can only muddy the waters.

What’s the point of Birx and Trump’s team of inflating the numbers? 

If I’ve got heart disease and I was probably going to die two months from now — but I catch this virus and die today, then what?  Why care if I die “with” or “from”?  How do you even suss that out?

The virus causes, or helps to cause, much more death than is remotely normal. It is highly contagious. The vast majority of the population has no immunity to it. Many people spread it even though they don’t know they are infected.  Aren’t these the real takeaways? You’re hung up on “with” vs. “from” and I can’t understand why. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, GG said:

Then don't talk about these numbers being "cooked" by somebody, because the numbers are what they are.  

I'm really not trying to imply anything, but I've been entering the data from worldometers daily, tracking cases and deaths for US, Italy, Spain, Canada, and Germany. The US is the only country of the 5 where the daily reported numbers are changing retroactively - like multiple days later. I find it incredibly odd, but idk why it's happening. 

11 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I'm really not trying to imply anything, but I've been entering the data from worldometers daily, tracking cases and deaths for US, Italy, Spain, Canada, and Germany. The US is the only country of the 5 where the daily reported numbers are changing retroactively - like multiple days later. I find it incredibly odd, but idk why it's happening. 

Not true. Italy, France and the UK have done this. If you look at the notes at the bottom on certain days, you can see the Worldometer people making notations when countries do this. France in particular has been a cluster of messed up day-to-day reporting. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, shoshin said:

Not true. Italy, France and the UK have done this. If you look at the notes at the bottom on certain days, you can see the Worldometer people making notations when countries do this. France in particular has been a cluster of messed up day-to-day reporting. 

Possibly for France and UK, not tracking them. I haven't had to go back and change any of Italy's data. Perhaps the Italy changes were prior to 3/23, as that's when I first started tracking it. I do it once or twice a week with the US data. Like I said, I have no idea what it means. I just find it strange and annoying. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Metro is bigger than the city itself though. ?‍♂️

I'm not sure why NYC/NYS is padding the COVID-19 death numbers. Is there more federal aid in it for them for Wuhan Virus deaths where a normal heart attack or stroke death certificate does not have a economic incentive? These "with" becoming "from" numbers were bad enough as to skew reality, to now go to "anyone that died from dates X to Y is a COVID-19 death" will not help researchers or modelers who need real numbers to track.

That was my suspicion, and per the article below that is likely the case.  (Still need to review CARES Act to see if that is the actual case.)

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU GIVE STATES AND HOSPITALS INCENTIVE FOR FUDGING THE NUMBERS BY HAVING THE FEDS PAY FOR WINNIE THE FLU CASES 

Literally no one has any idea how many people COVID-19 has killed.

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The treasonous senator ignores the fact the WHO tests were bunk, and some were carriers of the virus itself. 

But who needs facts and details when you're on the CCP payroll and working to undermine your government? 

The WHO tests transmitted the virus to people--Can you link to that?

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

Does "padding" number kill people?

The desire for people to minimize the reality of this is astounding.

More than 3X the number of normal deaths are happening in NYC FOR ALL CAUSES and there's some discussion about padding.  

I haven't spent much time thinking about the padding issue because I can't come up with a legitimate benefit to doing so beyond what will inevitably be the "Trump killed 35,465 people!"

But that's coming no matter what the number is because leftists just get their jollies on death counts and blame.

I've been told there is money to be had at the hospitals based on the death count, but I don't know that to be true.

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The treasonous senator ignores the fact the WHO tests were bunk, and some were carriers of the virus itself. 

But who needs facts and details when you're on the CCP payroll and working to undermine your government? 

Murphy is what you get is you elected Tiberius. The dude is a total crackpot.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, shoshin said:

The WHO tests transmitted the virus to people--Can you link to that?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/27/business/china-coronavirus-masks-tests.html

https://www.newsweek.com/uk-says-millions-coronavirus-test-kits-bought-china-unreliable-most-patients-1496506

These are the same tests the WHO was pushing in Feb/March.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

WHO adopted a test that was created by German researchers.  Your links to seem to be apples vs oranges....?

2 minutes ago, GG said:

It's fair to give a margin of error on the undocumented cases.  But until last week, all NYS Wuhan-related deaths were tested positive - and they all were running at multiples of historic trends.

I don't disagree with any of that.

My intention isn't to suggest that this thing is being overblown in anyway.  I'm saying that the numbers aren't 100% in either direction and it would be nice if we could gain some accuracy.  At the very least it would hopefully put to bed arguments and mistrust that we see in the public 

• Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, TPS said:

WHO adopted a test that was created by German researchers.  Your links to seem to be apples vs oranges....?

The tests pushed by the WHO were developed in Germany, but haven't seen anything indicating that they were actually MADE in Germany.  (Certainly those used in Germany were, but those used elsewhere likely weren't.)

As China was set up to most readily make large quantities of tests and they seem to have a strong working relationship with the WHO, it makes sense that countries that didn't have their own capabilities to make test kits (or at minimum couldn't meet their own full demand) would have their kits made in China.  And as the German test was the WHO's recommended test, it makes sense that it is the same one.

The US didn't use the German tests because the CDC said they had developed their own kits the same day the WHO told the world about the German ones.  Considering the problem with the US kits was a bad blank, it wouldn't have been out of the question for US made German kits to have the same issues.

The thing that might have helped our situation some that isn't totally hindsight would've been shutting down flights from Italy before the rest of Europe.  But, don't know if our treaties would've allowed us to restrict travel from only 1 European Country and not the whole EU.

• Like (+1) 1