The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Please point to the part of the video where he is being sarcastic about injecting disinfectant. While you're at it, point to the part where it's directed at a reporter when he pivots and says it to Dr. Birx. 

I never said he was being sarcastic. 

Let me ask you. Was he telling people to inject disinfectant?  

10 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

In my business name-calling and personal disparagement are signs of defeat.  

Ironic. You label people with your lists. It is a form of name-calling and personal disparagement.

True news, bro.

You know who else liked to use lists?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ~Kostabi~ said:

The defense of Dr. Dons wisdom doesn't surprise me that much. Not much does any more. It's more sad than surprising.

2 hours ago, ~Kostabi~ said:

oh BURN. At least I don't think sporting PPE shows weakness. 

So much BURN so little intelligence . 

What a crock keep telling yourself that. So much Burn in here tonight. Who do you think he was walking to? Himself. Right. I'd buy that.

Still waiting

• Like (+1) 1

Kushner calls US coronavirus response a 'success story' as cases hit 1 million

Kushner painted a rosy picture for "Fox and Friends" Wednesday morning, saying that "the federal government rose to the challenge and this is a great success story and I think that that's really what needs to be told.

Kushner also predicted that things will be "rocking" by July.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/29/politics/jared-kushner-coronavirus-success-story/index.html

61,669  dead 4/30     26M+ unemployed   , trillions more in debt     Bush: "Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job"

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I never said he was being sarcastic. 

Let me ask you. Was he telling people to inject disinfectant?  

No. He was asking the doctor to look into it, which means he's as dumb as a stump. 

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, ALF said:

Kushner painted a rosy picture for "Fox and Friends" Wednesday morning, saying that "the federal government rose to the challenge and this is a great success story and I think that that's really what needs to be told.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/29/politics/jared-kushner-coronavirus-success-story/index.html

61,669  dead 4/30     26M+ unemployed   , trillions more in debt     Bush: "Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job"

It's apparent why his dad had to pay for him to get into college.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Here's the actual numbers by the CDC in the last nine flu seasons back when people were still comparing this to the flu.  Don't believe the grifters if you want context.

106362398-1580727197721coronavirusvsallf

Granted, maybe I just don't remember it, but I don't recall the flu causing a NYC hospital to stack corpses in freezer trucks in the street.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Granted, maybe I just don't remember it, but I don't recall the flu causing a NYC hospital to stack corpses in freezer trucks in the street.

No.  I question the intelligence and/or sincerity of anybody who compares it to the flu at this point.  I don't see how you can read that tweet and not consider Candace Owens a grifter appealing to her audience out to sell books. 

Just based out of the data coming out of Sweden and the multiple smaller sample studies done showing herd immunity may be closer than we think I'm all for opening up as soon as possible in states and cities that haven't been devastated with this tomhanksvirus like NYC and a few other cities have.  However, it's still more contagious and deadly than the flu based off any studies I've seen so far.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

No.  I question the intelligence and/or sincerity of anybody who compares it to the flu at this point.  I don't see how you can read that tweet and not consider Candace Owens a grifter appealing to her audience out to sell books. 

Just based out of the data coming out of Sweden and the multiple smaller sample studies done showing herd immunity may be closer than we think I'm all for opening up as soon as possible in states and cities that haven't been devastated with this tomhanksvirus like NYC and a few other cities have.  However, it's still more contagious and deadly than the flu based off any studies I've seen so far.

People who agree with her are stupid, evil, or both. There's plenty of them on this site.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Kemp said:

Yeah, that's what he meant after one of them murdered someone. He had to wait another day, after someone told him he screwed up to change his tune a bit.

It's a pattern with him. His latest was the disinfectant travesty. Once again, the next day, after being told he screwed up, he tried to make amends with a stone-cold lie by saying he was being sarcastic to a reporter when it was indisputably not sarcastic and that it was directly addressed to Dr. Birx. 

Trump is incapable of being truthful and incapable of saying he made a mistake. 

I blame his followers not him, because most know he's an idiot.

Trump is now blaming China for the deaths in America and they deserve some of it, so why did he compliment the response of China to the virus more than any other person in America? Was he wrong? Of course. Will he admit it? Hold your breath.

We know Trump was warned on numerous occasions that a Pandemic was coming and ignored it. Now we are all paying the price.

But Obama wore a tan suit.

Dear Diary,

Everything makes me so angry and I hate everyone in the world who makes me feel like I'm feeling....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

According to the CDC website there have a total of FOUR Covid deaths of any K12 aged student anywhere in America and yet we closed every school in the country. Yes....that’s right....FOUR! 

Maybe we move back the retirement age for teachers and staff. That way the more susceptible age demographic to covid19 can not be harmed. 

18 hours ago, Kemp said:

Cases in NYC started going down when the people stayed home and practiced social distancing when they went out. 

We know the virus is transmitted from one person to another. You really can't ascertain from these facts that if you put thousands of people crammed together that there will be more viral transmissions?

Most everyone understands that NYC was hit hardest because of its density. That should tell you that increasing density will obviously increase infections. 

The Gaza Strip is the most densely populated place in the world and their numbers are really low. Maybe we can close off areas that are similar such as NYC to tourists in the beginning of the re-opening to limit exposure. 

16 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Yup.  With 3 kids and making my own popcorn, it was about 1/2 price.  And the couch was much more comfortable for dozing off than a movie theatre seat.

most movie theatres have reclining seats these days. 

16 hours ago, BillStime said:

Biden doesn’t have an advantage. He doesn’t stand a chance. 

16 hours ago, BillStime said:

More Americans have now been lost to the coronavirus pandemic over the past 2 months than were killed in the Vietnam war over 20 years.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29084d97f04ff8b53743

The blame here is strictly on China. Can’t blame anyone else. The left would not have handled this any better. Case in point Nancy Pelosi telling ppl to visit Chinatown in late February. 

14 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

This was an interesting compare and contrast this morning...

If their grab and go’s are anything like the ones here in Miami this isn’t a very fair thing to say. These ppl are giving out meals to all in need. No matter the religion. They should be lauded and not condemned. They are following the SD rules. 

11 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Yes and on a REAL clear day I can see San Clemente Island which most people don't even know about.  

But I a REALLY REALLY clear day I can see the mist of Niagara Falls.  If all those damn poor people would get out of the way. 

Yes I did.  They blew your argument out of the water so you ignored them.  

I spent a weekend fishing just off San Clemente Island back in the day.

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Doc, the problem as I see it is deaths attributed to the Flu have disappeared. A few days ago I posted the weekly influenza report from VA, where I live. Deaths were steadily rising through February and March, and hit 166 statewide deaths on March 23rd. Since that date, not one death has been attributed to influenza. 

as I mentioned in that post, I am not sure what that could imply or point to, but I am pretty sure the flu did not just go away on March 23rd.

in that report as well, the number of influenza and Covid cases were each at just about 13k, 460 (appx) deaths Covid , 2500 flu, granted in much smaller time for Covid. What do this numbers tell us? I am not quite sure , which someone smarter than me could explain it. 

Here is the report 

https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/content/uploads/sites/3/2019/12/Weekly-Influenza-Activity-Report.pdf

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, snafu said:

Ironic. You label people with your lists. It is a form of name-calling and personal disparagement.

True news, bro.

You know who else liked to use lists?

Hoax.  I don't use disparagement as a substitute for a merits-based response. 

3 hours ago, ALF said:

Success is relative. Back when "experts" were claiming 2-3 million in deaths 62000 deaths would look pretty good, eh? How about the huge shortages of ventilators and PPE's? Success is measured by how a situation is dealt with. Do you really think the federal government didn't rise to the challenge?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

Success is relative. Back when "experts" were claiming 2-3 million in deaths 62000 deaths would look pretty good, eh? How about the huge shortages of ventilators and PPE's? Success is measured by how a situation is dealt with. Do you really think the federal government didn't rise to the challenge?

Rise to the challenge?

The leader ignored the challenge!

Sometimes it seems like bizarro world the way some of you think.

Our glorious leader is incapable of empathy and while people are dying, he spends his time tweeting about how people aren't kissing his ass enough.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Huh...what? The WH/FG abdicated the fight of this war to the states and governors...they are "back up"....in their own words. The WH/Feds have failed to provide the testing structure and resources to move forward quickly and safely and are balking at funding the war....some "war time" prez and senate leader you got....."Not my problem"

AFA deaths 62000 as of today...we are clipping at a 6 percent fatality rate....and yet to tamp down the daily infection rate below 30k consistently...or 1,800 deaths per day racking up...another 50-60k per month.....

Only someone deluded would think the WH/Feds are being "successful....

Edited by TH3
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Yes Candace isn’t very good at all.  I lost interest after listening to her on Rogan.  I don’t think she’s into DMT.

Tom Hanks virus.  That’s awesome.

5 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Rise to the challenge?

Our glorious leader is incapable of empathy and while people are dying, he spends his time tweeting about how people aren't kissing his ass enough.

You don't have a clue as to what it took for the feds to logistically do what they have done. Kushner was put in charge of obtaining the medical devices and PPE's to fight this virus and has done a fantastic job in doing so.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Rise to the challenge?

Thanks for chiming in.  I was going to add something about 1 million cases being a lot worse than, say 15 soon to be zero cases, and that 62,000 deaths is pretty surprising given the statement that we were to have zero cases of this thing about six weeks ago.  

Those statements, of course, reflect a lack of seriousness in the federal response.  I'm sure that the reply will be something to the effect of "China!  The WHO didn't have a bead on this for a few weeks!  Obama! Cuomo! Governors! Lamestream media! OAN says you're wrong!  Actually, the Easter Bunny spread a lot of coronavirus on April 12! And Trump said he's not accountable!" 

The bottom line is that a lot of people dropped the ball here.  Including and especially the White House.  This isn't to say that there wouldn't have been a pandemic with better federal leadership.  It's just to say that the casual, inconsistent response almost certainly exacerbated the horror of this situation. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Doc, the problem as I see it is deaths attributed to the Flu have disappeared. A few days ago I posted the weekly influenza report from VA, where I live. Deaths were steadily rising through February and March, and hit 166 statewide deaths on March 23rd. Since that date, not one death has been attributed to influenza. 

as I mentioned in that post, I am not sure what that could imply or point to, but I am pretty sure the flu did not just go away on March 23rd.

in that report as well, the number of influenza and Covid cases were each at just about 13k, 460 (appx) deaths Covid , 2500 flu, granted in much smaller time for Covid. What do this numbers tell us? I am not quite sure , which someone smarter than me could explain it. 

How about this for an explanation? Is it possible that hospitals and states get federal money if they classify a death as having been from Covid 19, but not if they say it was the common flu? Hmmmmm?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

You don't have a clue as to what it took for the feds to logistically do what they have done. Kushner was put in charge of obtaining the medical devices and PPE's to fight this virus and has done a fantastic job in doing so.

The last sentence could be ripped from The Onion.  

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Dear Diary,

Everything makes me so angry and I hate everyone in the world who makes me feel like I'm feeling....

I think when a person characterizes people with different opinions as evil, it's less of a diary and more of a manifesto. It takes a while, psychologically speaking, but eventually the author gets around to figuring out ways to deal with the evil that walks among us.  It would appear @Kemp is still early in his ramblings.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Huh...what? The WH/FG abdicated the fight of this war to the states and governors...they are "back up"....in their own words. The WH/Feds have failed to provide the testing structure and resources to move forward quickly and safely and are balking at funding the war....some "war time" prez and senate leader you got....."Not my problem"

AFA deaths 62000 as of today...we are clipping at a 6 percent fatality rate....and yet to tamp down the daily infection rate below 30k consistently...or 1,800 deaths per day racking up...another 50-60k per month.....

Did you hear about the woman in Arizona who is being investigated for murdering her husband by having him drink his normal smoothie that was laced with fish tank cleaner? I wonder if that's the same woman that you claimed was told to drink that fish tank cleaner by Trump?

The federal government coordinated the fight against this virus and insured that adequate backup equipment and supplies were made available. If you think the feds haven't funded this war you're not only badly misinformed but a biased fool.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Kemp said:

No. He was asking the doctor to look into it, which means he's as dumb as a stump. 

Thank you. Now maybe the others saying he has told people to inject disinfectant will come to the same conclusion. Now regarding the dumb as a stump comment?  Well I don’t think someone who had gotten to where he is is dumb as a stump. But does he say dumb things?  All the ***** time! 

30 minutes ago, TH3 said:

You have no way of knowing what the fatality rate is without knowing the number of total cases. A better measurement is deaths per 1 million of population. Here are the other countries hit hard by the virus. Wouldn't you consider keeping a low number of deaths, either per cases (or confirmed cases as you like) or per million of the population as the ultimate success? I remember you (and a few others) touting Germany as a great example of handling the virus. It seems we are closer to Germany than the other countries

Country Population Cases Deaths Deaths per million Cases per million Death Rate of confirmed cases
Italy 60000000 203591 27682 461.37 3393.18 13.60%
Spain 46000000 236899 24275 527.72 5149.98 10.25%
France 65000000 166628 24121 371.09 2563.51 14.48%
Belgium 11000000 48519 7594 690.36 4410.82 15.65%
Germany 83000000 161539 6467 77.92 1946.25 4.00%
UK 67000000 166441 26166 390.54 2484.19 15.72%
Total 332000000 983617 116305 350.32 2962.70 11.82%

United States 331000000 1040488 60999 184.29 3143.47 5.86%

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Thank you. Now maybe the others saying he has told people to inject disinfectant will come to the same conclusion. Now regarding the dumb as a stump comment?  Well I don’t think someone who had gotten to where he is is dumb as a stump. But does he say dumb things?  All the ***** time! 

I actually agree with a lot of this.  I think Trump is a dope, but he still was smart enough to get himself elected President of the United States.  I used to say the same thing about George W. Bush.  Nobody would accuse him of being the brightest light on the tree, but he managed to win the White House.  That has to count for something. 

24 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

How about this for an explanation? Is it possible that hospitals and states get federal money if they classify a death as having been from Covid 19, but not if they say it was the common flu? Hmmmmm?

Shhhhhh.... Don't you know that it is heretical to mention the common flu in the same sentence as Covid-19, or to question the Covid-19 death classifications / numbers in any way?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I actually agree with a lot of this.  I think Trump is a dope, but he still was smart enough to get himself elected President of the United States.  I used to say the same thing about George W. Bush.  Nobody would accuse him of being the brightest light on the tree, but he managed to win the White House.  That has to count for something. 

Some of the smartest, wisest, most highly educated people I know say some dumb ***** sometimes.  

Oh and don’t give him too much credit for getting elected. That one it pretty much on his opponent. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Some of the smartest, wisest, most highly educated people I know say some dumb ***** sometimes.  

Oh and don’t give him too much credit for getting elected. That one it pretty much on his opponent. 

I am of the view that Hillary lost more than Trump won.  We probably part ways on the degree of Trump's intelligence (I think he "gets" people pretty well, but that his narcissism overwhelms his better judgment), but there's no dispute that it takes some brains to get to the White House.  

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I am of the view that Hillary lost more than Trump won.  We probably part ways on the degree of Trump's intelligence (I think he "gets" people pretty well, but that his narcissism overwhelms his better judgment), but there's no dispute that it takes some brains to get to the White House.  

And “getting people” is one of the keys in being a good leader, manager and negotiator.  This is why, imo, Hillary would have been a horrible POTUS. She too, again my opinion, is a narcissist but she has terrible self awareness when it comes to people. 

26 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I think when a person characterizes people with different opinions as evil, it's less of a diary and more of a manifesto. It takes a while, psychologically speaking, but eventually the author gets around to figuring out ways to deal with the evil that walks among us.  It would appear @Kemp is still early in his ramblings.  

My point remains that if you think Trump has done a good job with the virus, you are either stupid or evil. The distribution might be 98% stupid, 2% evil  but anyone who believes his response has been good, can't process facts.

• Like (+1) 2