The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

It makes sense when you're not prepared to assign blame.  I don't expect the president or any of these governors to say the buck stops with me.

The enterprising journalists should take heed and point the fingers in the right places.

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

I hope the best for him. I was looking up news on him last night because we've heard so little. All I could find was that he had persistent fever. We have to assume he's getting the best care. 

2 minutes ago, GG said:

The enterprising journalists should take heed and point the fingers in the right places.

The only place I can say for sure so far gets blame is

image.png.dc09dae68a2f1e11fb9b58107de803d1.png

• Like (+1) 3

Okay so in an entire post full of a ton of hot air, @Deranged Rhino actually said this: "And, because I love my country and this community, I take offense to those corrupt politicians who abuse their positions of power in order to enrich themselves and weaken the country. "

He actually said this... and this line is what all of that hot air boils down to.

H

O

L

Y

C

R

A

P

!

!

!

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You typed ALL THOSE WORDS just to get to your real point.

You wants out of a bet -- because deep down you know Biden can't and will not win. But because you're dishonest, you don't cop to that, instead you try to frame it as you doing me a solid :lol: That's weak game, bro, that works with your students (because they're children), not with grown people. I'm sorry, but that's just not going to happen. You're going to be rocking a Trump avatar for a year come November. And it'll be a good one, I promise. One that reminds you that when given the choice between truth and fiction, you chose fiction because it FEELZ better to your cognitive dissonance. 

You're losing it man.

No worries. Guess I will take back the Olive Branch.

You clearly need a good lesson in humility so at least I can provide that for you when you lose in November  :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Prove it.

If there's so much bull in an article you likely didn't even read, prove that all the points made in it were false. Or even a majority of them were false.

Find evidence to prove that the bulk of that article rather than a single sentence or statement is false.

You're making the claim that the article is bull****, so prove you're speaking from a part of you that's well-informed and not just arrogant and bull-headed

I Already did. Numerous times in this thread.

This is starting to feel like Groundhog Day; however, I will pose to you the questions I posed to others like you. Below is a timeline.

1. At which point in January and February (most of that 70 day timeframe) should the administration and other leaders around the world have reasonably known the magnitude of what was coming worlwide?

2. What specific information are you basing your answer on?

If you want to have an honest dialogue, then, please, answer the questions in your own words and be specific.

TIMELINE

- On December 31, China alerted the WHO to several cases of unusual pneumonia in Wuhan
- On January 7, the WHO reported that China had identified a new virus, named 2019-nCoV, and that it was identified as belonging to the coronavirus family, which includes SARS and the common cold.
- On Jan 11, China announced its first death from the virus released the genetic sequence. However, it was also accompanied with the information that they had only experienced 41 cases and that there was no obvious evidence of human-to-human spread yet. 
- By Jan 17, China had reported only 2 deaths and only two cases had been identified outside of China
- On Jan 20, First US case is reported
- On Jan 20, Trump forms coronavirus task force
- On January 23, The WHO reported that the outbreak did not yet constitute a public emergency of international concern and there was "no evidence" of the virus spreading between humans outside of China.
- On January 30, the WHO declared the virus a global emergency and reported the death toll in China at 170, with 7,711 cases.
- On Jan 31, President Trump bans foreign nationals from entering the US if they were in China within the prior two weeks.
- By Feb 3, new cases had been confirmed in at least 7 countries, including the US; however, there had been only 1 death reported outside of China. That was in the Phillipines and it was a man from Wuhan.
- By Feb 6, only 30 people in Europe had been identified with the virus and all had ties to China. This is also the date of the first identified human to human transmission of the virus in Malasia.
- On Feb 12, cases start to spike in South Korea
- Through the end of Feb, there had been 88,000 confirmed cases - but only 8000 confirmed cases outside of China. There were 2977 deaths - but only 142 outside of China
- Between Mar 1 - Mar 10 approx 35,000 new cases identified outside of China, and 1,319 deaths world-wide outside of China
- On Mar 11, the WHO officiallly declares a pandemic
- On Mar 11, President Trump bans all travel from 26 European countries for non-US citizens and non-green card holders
- By Mar 11, There were 32,000 confirmed cases and 1,400 deaths, world-wide, outside of China and South Korea - with both China and Korea reporting stabilazation of the virus.
- On Mar 13, Trump declares a US national emergency with 2,183 confirmed cases and 48 deaths

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Okay so in an entire post full of a ton of hot air, @Deranged Rhino actually said this: "And, because I love my country and this community, I take offense to those corrupt politicians who abuse their positions of power in order to enrich themselves and weaken the country. "

He actually said this... and this line is what all of that hot air boils down to.

H

O

L

Y

C

R

A

P

!

!

!

I know it's surprising to you that people actually do love their country and care about their communities -- chosen and otherwise ;) 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, shoshin said:

We already knew this was a bad flu season. COVID-19 symptoms are not flu symptoms though. If there was an uptick in extended fevers, people on ventilators, and those people were not testing positive for the flu, this data might mean something. Based on that story, it means nothing. Further given that her "story" shows a big spike in Texas for flu, but Texas has mostly been spared Covid-19, it further looks like nothing.

That's just some hack looking for headlines. Beware people trying to backfit data to theories.  

Of course, the flip side of that is that it has been widely speculated that once a person has had the COVID virus and recovered from it then that that person will have an immunity to it.  

IF the flu-like virus that ran rampant through Texas and other states in November was this COVID virus, it would provide a reason the outbreak isn't as bad there at present - they've already developed the "herd immunity" to it, reducing its spread now..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Capt. Brett E. Crozier, the Navy captain who was removed from command of the coronavirus-stricken aircraft carrier U.S.S. Theodore Roosevelt, has tested positive for Covid-19, according to two Naval Academy classmates of Crozier’s who are close to him and his family.

:( https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/navy-captain-removed-from-carrier-tests-positive-for-covid-19/ar-BB12c4ip

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

What about that? Is she president? Did she get the national security council meetings and ignore them? Nope

Trump did, then said it was all a hoax. 

Nancy Mussolini participated in and helped execute a naked silent coup of a duly elected President, and did it out in the open to leave open a defense of plausible deniability. In doing so, she distracted not only the citizens of the Republic, but all appendages of the Federal Government for two freaking years, taking our focus off of this current crisis and slowing the response of the Federal Government to protect its citizens, undoubtedly costing countless lives all for the political agenda of her politburo puppet masters. That is treason. Just a few decades ago, the "...only remedy", (as Congressman and failed screenwriter Adam Schiff loves to say over and over again in hearings) is freely available for you to google, as I will not post something like that about a sitting elected representative on a public forum  

1 minute ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Nancy Mussolini participated in and helped execute a naked silent coup of a duly elected President, and did it out in the open to leave open a defense of plausible deniability. In doing so, she distracted not only the citizens of the Republic, but all appendages of the Federal Government for two freaking years, taking our focus off of this current crisis and slowing the response of the Federal Government to protect its citizens, undoubtedly costing countless lives all for the political agenda of her politburo puppet masters. That is treason. Just a few decades ago, the "...only remedy", (as Congressman and failed screenwriter Adam Schiff loves to say over and over again in hearings) is freely available for you to google, as I will not post something like that about a sitting elected representative on a public forum  

LOL! Thanks! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I Already did. Numerous times in this thread.

This is starting to feel like Groundhog Day; however, I will pose to you the questions I posed to others like you. Below is a timeline.

1. At which point in January and February (most of that 70 day timeframe) should the administration and other leaders around the world have reasonably known the magnitude of what was coming worlwide?

2. What specific information are you basing your answer on?

If you want to have an honest dialogue, then, please, answer the questions in your own words and be specific.

TIMELINE

- On December 31, China alerted the WHO to several cases of unusual pneumonia in Wuhan
- On January 7, the WHO reported that China had identified a new virus, named 2019-nCoV, and that it was identified as belonging to the coronavirus family, which includes SARS and the common cold.
- On Jan 11, China announced its first death from the virus released the genetic sequence. However, it was also accompanied with the information that they had only experienced 41 cases and that there was no obvious evidence of human-to-human spread yet. 
- By Jan 17, China had reported only 2 deaths and only two cases had been identified outside of China
- On Jan 20, First US case is reported
- On Jan 20, Trump forms coronavirus task force
- On January 23, The WHO reported that the outbreak did not yet constitute a public emergency of international concern and there was "no evidence" of the virus spreading between humans outside of China.
- On January 30, the WHO declared the virus a global emergency and reported the death toll in China at 170, with 7,711 cases.
- On Jan 31, President Trump bans foreign nationals from entering the US if they were in China within the prior two weeks.
- By Feb 3, new cases had been confirmed in at least 7 countries, including the US; however, there had been only 1 death reported outside of China. That was in the Phillipines and it was a man from Wuhan.
- By Feb 6, only 30 people in Europe had been identified with the virus and all had ties to China. This is also the date of the first identified human to human transmission of the virus in Malasia.
- On Feb 12, cases start to spike in South Korea
- Through the end of Feb, there had been 88,000 confirmed cases - but only 8000 confirmed cases outside of China. There were 2977 deaths - but only 142 outside of China
- Between Mar 1 - Mar 10 approx 35,000 new cases identified outside of China, and 1,319 deaths world-wide outside of China
- On Mar 11, the WHO officiallly declares a pandemic
- On Mar 11, President Trump bans all travel from 26 European countries for non-US citizens and non-green card holders
- By Mar 11, There were 32,000 confirmed cases and 1,400 deaths, world-wide, outside of China and South Korea - with both China and Korea reporting stabilazation of the virus.
- On Mar 13, Trump declares a US national emergency with 2,183 confirmed cases and 48 deaths

Do you have to post that timeline over and over again for every dumbfvck poster that is too lazy to keep up with the thread?