The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

6 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Nancy Mussolini participated in and helped execute a naked silent coup of a duly elected President, and did it out in the open to leave open a defense of plausible deniability. In doing so, she distracted not only the citizens of the Republic, but all appendages of the Federal Government for two freaking years, taking our focus off of this current crisis and slowing the response of the Federal Government to protect its citizens, undoubtedly costing countless lives all for the political agenda of her politburo puppet masters. That is treason. Just a few decades ago, the "...only remedy", (as Congressman and failed screenwriter Adam Schiff loves to say over and over again in hearings) is freely available for you to google, as I will not post something like that about a sitting elected representative on a public forum  

U mad bruh?  

But seriously, lay off the Fox bro.  I'm not trying to piss you off, but that's exactly what you sound like.  You just left out the part where the media had 70% of the people believing it.  My favorite part about the 'coup' nonsense is it fails to mention that it replaced him with what they would consider to be the second worst person for the job.  That's not how coups work.  Anyways this isn't the coup thread.

The whole thing may have been sarcasm that flew clean over my head.  Apologies if it was.

Edited by daz28

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

Do you have to post that timeline over and over again for every dumbfvck poster that is too lazy to keep up with the thread? 

Just trying to make an actual attempt at getting one of them to engage in honest dialogue, and know they won't take the time to go back to read it.

Gees..

Woman assaulted in anti-Asian hate crime in New York, police say

A 51-year-old Asian woman was assaulted on a New York City bus last week in an apparent hate crime, representing one of the growing number of attacks nationwide targeting people of Asian descent because of bias and scapegoating over the novel coronavirus, which originated in China.

The woman, who was not identified, was hospitalized and received stitches after four teenage girls allegedly attacked her on a Bronx bus on March 28, hitting her on the head with an umbrella and making anti-Asian comments before exiting the bus and fleeing, according to CBS New York.

Police apprehended three 15-year-old girls shortly after the incident on hate crime assault, menacing and harassment charges. The NYPD Crime Stoppers issued an alert early Sunday seeking tips on the fourth suspect, accused of striking the woman with the umbrella.

The NYPD said it has seen a “surge” in attacks on Asians and Asian Americans lately, with nearly a dozen reported attacks since March 10.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Just trying to make an actual attempt at getting one of them to engage in honest dialogue, and know they won't take the time to go back to read it.

I was being facetious towards you but not for them.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Gees..

A 51-year-old Asian woman was assaulted on a New York City bus last week in an apparent hate crime, representing one of the growing number of attacks nationwide targeting people of Asian descent because of bias and scapegoating over the novel coronavirus, which originated in China.

The woman, who was not identified, was hospitalized and received stitches after four teenage girls allegedly attacked her on a Bronx bus on March 28, hitting her on the head with an umbrella and making anti-Asian comments before exiting the bus and fleeing, according to CBS New York.

Police apprehended three 15-year-old girls shortly after the incident on hate crime assault, menacing and harassment charges. The NYPD Crime Stoppers issued an alert early Sunday seeking tips on the fourth suspect, accused of striking the woman with the umbrella.

The NYPD said it has seen a “surge” in attacks on Asians and Asian Americans lately, with nearly a dozen reported attacks since March 10.

Was anyone charged with inciting the hate crime assault, or do we have to wait until January for that?

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Thread and article for consideration: 

Week of the AFC and NFC championships I had exactly these symptoms. Thursday I got a real sore throat about noon. Thursday evening I spiked a fever. Friday I called in sick with Bronchitis. I did not go to the dr as I have been able to self medicate viral Bronchitus many times in the past. Took about 2 weeks to totally clear up. But was feeling well enough to go to work Monday. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Appreciate this. We have five acres, but the garden and coop comprise a 35'x35' area. We are going to do potatoes, mostly because they're easy to grow but also because my son loves the movie "The Martian."  We also have an apple tree, but are preparing to add a couple of more for the reasons you cite above about the corn. My neighbor has 5 acres next to mine, and we plan to bring in some cows and make use of the 10 acres for our own beef, but also to sell.

The goal was never to come here to become as self-sufficient as possible. The garden was my wife's way of ensuring everything we eat is our own.

But she looks really, really smart right now and I have no intention of suggesting it was just a lucky call on her behalf.

Potatoes?!?!  Talk about “coals to Newcastle”. ?

2 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Was anyone charged with inciting the hate crime assault, or do we have to wait until January for that?

I dunno, but the women who hit her with the umbrella did not get caught, but she looks older than 15, so she could be the one that started it and the 15 year olds followed her lead. 

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/04/05/bronx-anti-asian-comments-hate-crime-assault/

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Have always had excellent luck w/ potatoes and never any w/ corn.

Not sure of the soil pH or nutrient levels (the garden is decent sized for a home garden (1,200 sq ft) but working it is a hobby so don't go too crazy on it) but have the rest of that.  Corn is one of only 2 crops I've tried that haven't been successful with.  Was always told by corn farmers that it was because the plots were too small.  And not too concerned about the soil conditions as we literally have corn field within a block of us in all 4 directions and pretty much any other crop does well in our little garden.

If you're able to grow corn successfully on a 8' xv6' plot, then congrats.  That is quite impressive.  :beer:

I’m a big peppers guy. The hotter the better. They grow like crazy here. 

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Gees..

That would have ended differently if she was allowed a concealed carry permit...

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I dunno, but the women who hit her with the umbrella did not get caught, but she looks older than 15, so she could be the one that started it and the 15 year olds followed her lead. 

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/04/05/bronx-anti-asian-comments-hate-crime-assault/

I was making a funny, but I think you missed it.  That's ok cuz Milfhunter keeps making funnies, and I'm not sure if he's serious either.  

Edited by daz28
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, daz28 said:

U mad bruh?  

But seriously, lay off the Fox bro.  I'm not trying to piss you off, but that's exactly what you sound like.  You just left out the part where the media had 70% of the people believing it.  My favorite part about the 'coup' nonsense is it fails to mention that it replaced him with what they would consider to be the second worst person for the job.  That's not how coups work.  Anyways this isn't the coup thread.

The whole thing may have been sarcasm that flew clean over my head.  Apologies if it was.

No, bruh. Just laying out the facts. 

Just in principle, the fact that not ONE member of our legislature,  or unelected bureaucrat (Comey, Clapper,  brennan, etc) is not currently facing federal felony charges over this makes my confidence in our judicial system alot weaker...

2 minutes ago, daz28 said:

I was making a funny, but I think you missed it.  That's ok cuz Milfhunter keeps making funnies, and I'm not sure if he's serious either.  

I was serious about what I said in my earlier post. That is how I feel.

35 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Of course, the flip side of that is that it has been widely speculated that once a person has had the COVID virus and recovered from it then that that person will have an immunity to it.  

IF the flu-like virus that ran rampant through Texas and other states in November was this COVID virus, it would provide a reason the outbreak isn't as bad there at present - they've already developed the "herd immunity" to it, reducing its spread now..

It was a 2% increase over 2017 so there wouldn't be a giant herd immunity, and if a lot of those cases were COVID, there would have been different symptoms and ventilator usage. 

So again, a really poor piece of writing. 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Or she could have just started coughing at them...

I'm still trying to decide which outcome is more desirable here. One lady with 4 stitches from an umbrella, or 3 dead teenagers??    Hmmm

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GG said:

Keep it half on, because it's becoming quite apparent that China ***** the rest of the world.  If not deliberately releasing this thing, but by hiding the nature of the virus and its spread. 

Sadly it took the devastation in Italy to get a better picture of transmission and the ramifications of inaction.  That's why everyone in the west dragged their feet well into March, when prevention should have been in place in February.  Just think, NYS had less than 150 cases one month ago.  Everyone should be pissed off at the politicos trying to assign blame for not being prepared, when there should be unified blowback against China.

150 diagnosed cases. I bet the biggest reason for the spike in diagnosed cases is due to testing. I imagine a ***** ton more had the virus back then but due to lack of testing it wasn’t reported. 

3 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

No, bruh. Just laying out the facts. 

Just in principle, the fact that not ONE member of our legislature,  or unelected bureaucrat (Comey, Clapper,  brennan, etc) is not currently facing federal felony charges over this makes my confidence in our judicial system alot weaker...

You do realize that when a coup occurs, the main idea of the whole thing is to put your person in power after the takeover right?? Maybe Mike Pence was in on it too??

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

You do realize that when a coup occurs, the main idea of the whole thing is to put your person in power after the takeover right?? Maybe Mike Pence was in on it too??

Because coups always work...

• Like (+1) 2