The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 minute ago, Magox said:

I actually agree with this.  

With that said sadly we know politics will not go away.  And we know that the national press is on hyper super duper drive to push out as much news as possible to undermine the president in an election year and it is being used against Trump by all his opponents.  So unfortunately, this is the game they chose and Trump, conservative media and Republicans will retaliate in kind in the coming months.

And the schitshow continues. Thank you, 24-hour bipolar news!

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Magox said:

I actually agree with this.  

With that said sadly we know politics will not go away.  And we know that the national press is on hyper super duper drive to push out as much news as possible to undermine the president in an election year and it is being used against Trump by all his opponents.  So unfortunately, this is the game they chose and Trump, conservative media and Republicans will retaliate in kind in the coming months.

We all know this will be the headlines. I just choose to ignore it and care about who leads us well through it. 

We all vote later this year and can judge who did a good job then. Right now I can’t spend mental energy on the political blame game.  

Edited by shoshin

9 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Narcissistic??? That's seriously all you got on Trump at this point?

He's an incompetent moron... and every time you post like this, I legitimately do question more and more just what your motivations might be

Of course you question it -- because you're a deeply stupid person who cannot read. My motivation is very clear, and has been written up dozens of times within multiple threads. It's REAL easy, ready? 

I love my country and this community. And, because I love my country and this community, I take offense to those corrupt politicians who abuse their positions of power in order to enrich themselves and weaken the country. That's been the trend throughout multiple administrations for the past 60 years, but it accelerated under Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama to unheard of levels. That's why, when I discovered that the entire Russia Collusion narrative was not only fake -- but being intentionally pushed by the Bush/Clinton/Obama machines and their intel heads -- I took the very lonely position to call it out for what it was.

Joe is a part of that legacy. He's been wrong on every single major decision he's ever had to make in office -- laughably so. Worse, he's incapable of doing the job in his current mental/physical state, meaning he would be POTUS in name only and his administration would be run by a shadow cabinet full of the very same people who spent the past two decades keeping us poor, in endless war, and curtailing our innate rights as human beings. That kind of set up is fundamentally un-American as it cuts against everything we stand for as a republic. That's not hyperbole, that's fact.   

You, on the other hand, never bothered to do the work. Happy, instead, to mindlessly sip at the spigot of misinformation and turn off your brain in favor of FEELZ. That's why you've been 100% incorrect on every major story in the past three years. You got Trump Russia all the way wrong. You got Trump Ukraine all the way wrong. You fell, hook line and sinker, for a massive disinformation campaign because you FEEL rather than THINK. 

That's why you think there MUST be something more to my motives. I must be a "Russian bot" (because you're so far behind the curve you're STILL clinging to three year old debunked talking points as if they're fresh).

It's because you're a silly person, with nothing worthwhile to offer a serious discussion on topics that matter. 

9 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I think I might let you out of the bet just because I feel bad for you and I really and truly hope much of what you say is just the stubborn refusal to lose an argument rather than actually believing most of what you spew.

You typed ALL THOSE WORDS just to get to your real point.

You wants out of a bet -- because deep down you know Biden can't and will not win. But because you're dishonest, you don't cop to that, instead you try to frame it as you doing me a solid :lol: That's weak game, bro, that works with your students (because they're children), not with grown people. I'm sorry, but that's just not going to happen. You're going to be rocking a Trump avatar for a year come November. And it'll be a good one, I promise. One that reminds you that when given the choice between truth and fiction, you chose fiction because it FEELZ better to your cognitive dissonance. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, shoshin said:

We all know this will be the headlines. I just choose to ignore it and care about who leads us well through it. 

We all vote later this year and can judge who did a good job then. Right now I can’t spend mental energy on the political blame game.  

It used to be that we relied on our president to pull the country together in a crisis. In fact it's what we considered to be his job.  I'm not sure that's possible anymore, but blaming the media is a scapegoat, which assumes that us as citizens are too dumb to know what's good for us or to know what the truth is.  I'm pretty sure that 90% of us watch the news that we feel is being honest, and would quickly change the channel if we felt is was misleading us.  After all, it's pretty much our own fault if we let ourselves be misinformed in this day and age.  

2 minutes ago, daz28 said:

It used to be that we relied on our president to pull the country together in a crisis. In fact it's what we considered to be his job.  I'm not sure that's possible anymore, but blaming the media is a scapegoat, which assumes that us as citizens are too dumb to know what's good for us or to know what the truth is.  I'm pretty sure that 90% of us watch the news that we feel is being honest, and would quickly change the channel if we felt is was misleading us.  After all, it's pretty much our own fault if we let ourselves be misinformed in this day and age.  

Agree with you in principle, but my personal feeling is the 90% is way too high. 

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

What grade are you in?  Who started it?  Are you ***** kidding me?  Without criticism Trump would not have gotten off his ass for even longer. Nevermind

We will never agree. Stay safe

Just a reminder: 

On 3/19/2020 at 9:54 AM, Bob in Mich said:

If there was justice in the universe, rather than culling the elderly, this virus would cull our world of the idiots.  Please God, start with those that continue to claim that this is all overblown.

This is from the same guy who wished death upon anyone who disagreed with him.

Honesty isn't his thing. Nor is basic comprehension or logic.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Kevbeau said:

Agree with you in principle, but my personal feeling is the 90% is way too high. 

The only reason that is would be that everyone has their heels dug into their own 'sides' rhetoric.  Admitting you are wrong is now a sign of weakness, rather than a sign of intelligence.  I will also admit that the media does do a really good job of spinning things so that black is white and little boy blue's a big girl now.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Unfortunately , the LSM won’t allow the POTUS to pull the country together , and express dismay if a poll shows he has support. It is also unfortunate that many believe the drivel and are pretty much too dumb to tell. They’ve been conditioned to believe in wokeness, gender fluidity, shaming of Caucasians and that America is systemically racist. They won’t change the channel ;rather they will regurgitate the garbage they are force fed daily. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Unfortunately , the LSM won’t allow the POTUS to pull the country together , and express dismay if a poll shows he has support. It is also unfortunate that many believe the drivel and are pretty much too dumb to tell. They’ve been conditioned to believe in wokeness, gender fluidity, shaming of Caucasians and that America is systemically racist. They won’t change the channel ;rather they will regurgitate the garbage they are force fed daily. 

Your trying to say that if it's raining outside that people will still believe the weather man who said it was sunny and beautiful.  I disagree with that.  As for the other things you mentioned, they are called differences of opinion, and some could argue that America is more about being allowed to have a difference of opinion than what you feel America really is or should be.  Don't forget not that long ago people were "conditioned" to believe slavery was ok.  I hope they didn't blame their ignorance on what the local newspaper was telling them, and fully accepted it themselves.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Your trying to say that if it's raining outside that people will still believe the weather man who said it was sunny and beautiful.  I disagree with that.  As for the other things you mentioned, they are called differences of opinion, and some could argue that America is more about being allowed to have a difference of opinion than what you feel America really is or should be.  Don't forget not that long ago people were "conditioned" to believe slavery was ok.  I hope they didn't blame their ignorance on what the local newspaper was telling them, and fully accepted it themselves.  

No, that’s not what I’m saying. While there are some folks like that, it’s not what I was referring to. Opinion is fine, but when it is disguised / presented as fact then it’s a problem. We all know slavery happened, but it really was long ago to people that are alive now. 

14 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Letting the media off the hook is just as dangerous. They've been active co-conspirators in pushing blatantly false information on behalf of their actual masters within the USIC for decades to the detriment of the world and the people specifically. They do not inform anymore, they build narratives designed to push partisan agendas. Look back in just the past 20 years and see the body count: 

* 2001: MSM pushes FEAR of a tactic (not an enemy) to get Americans to go along with giving up some basic civil liberties in exchange for the promise of security from the federal government -- security which, the media knows the government cannot provide. 

*2002-2003: MSM takes the word of unnamed, unaccountable intelligence sources as fact and pushes WMD in Iraq on the American people. This results in a poorly thought out invasion of a country which cost the American people 4,000+ dead, 3 trillion + in treasure -- all while destabilizing an already tenuous region, taking the lives of over a million innocent civilians and allowing a vacuum to be created in which the enemies of this country (Iran, Hezbollah, Hamas, AQ, and ISIS) all flourished. 

*2016-2019: MSM takes the word of unnamed, unaccountable intelligence sources as fact and pushes the "Trump colluded with Russia to steal the election". A narrative that was designed to unseat a duly elected POTUS against the will of the people through subterfuge and misinformation. The MSM literally sided with a backdoor coup attempt, pushed by a criminal element within the former administration and the Bush/Clinton machines. This divided the already divided country to unheard of levels, sparked a two year special counsel investigation -- all the while they knew it was not a real story as early as January 2017. They knew they were pushing a fake story on behalf of a corrupt IC contingent -- but did it anyway. 

There ARE good journalists and stories that can be found in every MSM outlet. While the above is painting with an admittedly broad brush, the pattern is undeniable. The MSM does not serve truth. They do not serve the people. They serve the intelligence community first and foremost, then their partisan troop. And while I agree with you that the individual bears responsibility for the information he/she consumes, it's harder than ever to find honest news because there's more information than ever before in human history. Most people do not have the time required to re-train their brains and learn how to properly discern. 

Because discernment is a skill. It requires time and practice to become proficient at. Especially in the middle of a (dis)information war. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Oh come on! 150 years ago some people felt that slavery was OK and many people voluntarily died to stop it!  How far back do you want to go? Give me a break with this enlighten self loathing and holier than though leftist garbage. My ancestors were in Italy up until almost 100 years AFTER your slavery guilt fest. They fled to avoid leftist policies, ...not slavery.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Letting the media off the hook is just as dangerous. They've been active co-conspirators in pushing blatantly false information on behalf of their actual masters within the USIC for decades to the detriment of the world and the people specifically. They do not inform anymore, they build narratives designed to push partisan agendas. Look back in just the past 20 years and see the body count: 

The media was right about the pandemic and Trump was totally wrong. The media saved lives

• Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Does anyone think that all states should always be completely prepared for any and all possible medical emergencies/situations(ie have all necessary hospitals/equipment/medicines/personnel on hand), OR do you feel we should have a federal stockpile that can be diverted to the areas as needed when necessary? I'm pretty sure most of us expect the latter as we do with natural disasters. I also do not feel there should be any need for anyone to be gracious to ask for OUR(yes our not your-looks at Jared) desperately needed supplies.  I also don't feel there is anyone out there who is glad to see this happening, whether they be the fake news media or the yet another hoax Democrats.  I don't think that saying that the 15 cases would magically disappear was very good advice to help people realize the gravity of the situation, and keep them at home for the sake of the "looking good" stock market.  I could go on and on, but that's not really the point I'm trying to make.  Ok, you can now tell me about all the people who WEREN'T the POTUS who also blundered.  

Completely prepared might be unrealistic. However , woefully unprepared coupled with warnings to that effect going unheeded is not acceptable. That’s part of the NYS situation. 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The media was right about the pandemic and Trump was totally wrong. The media saved lives

The media didn’t save lives, nor were they “ right” about the pandemic. They were furiously covering a sham impeachment and barely bothered to discuss anything else. There may have been some opinion expressed here or there, but nothing beyond that. Certainly not as a whole. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Oh come on! 150 years ago some people felt that slavery was OK and many people voluntarily died to stop it!  How far back do you want to go? Give me a break with this enlighten self loathing and holier than though leftist garbage. My ancestors were in Italy up until almost 100 years AFTER your slavery guilt fest. They fled to avoid leftist policies, ...not slavery.

My grandfathers grandfather was alive and well when slavery was legal, and I hold a lot of the things that he taught my grandfather dear, so it's not as long ago as you might want to believe.  If you want to go back to a time when many people on this board were alive, we can discuss the civil rights battles of the 60's.  These are facts that have no right/left leanings, so maybe you ought to slow your roll.  If you don't like the facts I post, you can use your ignore feature.  I don't come here to argue my opinion, because it's not worth any more than anyone elses.  

1 minute ago, keepthefaith said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aren't you the one that just posted that "there is no one "Media"?

This media?

What about that? Is she president? Did she get the national security council meetings and ignore them? Nope

Trump did, then said it was all a hoax. 

12 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

* 2001: MSM pushes FEAR of a tactic (not an enemy) to get Americans to go along with giving up some basic civil liberties in exchange for the promise of security from the federal government -- security which, the media knows the government cannot provide. 

*2002-2003: MSM takes the word of unnamed, unaccountable intelligence sources as fact and pushes WMD in Iraq on the American people. This results in a poorly thought out invasion of a country which cost the American people 4,000+ dead, 3 trillion + in treasure -- all while destabilizing an already tenuous region, taking the lives of over a million innocent civilians and allowing a vacuum to be created in which the enemies of this country (Iran, Hezbollah, Hamas, AQ, and ISIS) all flourished. 

*2016-2019: MSM takes the word of unnamed, unaccountable intelligence sources as fact and pushes the "Trump colluded with Russia to steal the election". A narrative that was designed to unseat a duly elected POTUS against the will of the people through subterfuge and misinformation. The MSM literally sided with a backdoor coup attempt, pushed by a criminal element within the former administration and the Bush/Clinton machines. This divided the already divided country to unheard of levels, sparked a two year special counsel investigation -- all the while they knew it was not a real story as early as January 2017. They knew they were pushing a fake story on behalf of a corrupt IC contingent -- but did it anyway. 

There ARE good journalists and stories that can be found in every MSM outlet. While the above is painting with an admittedly broad brush, the pattern is undeniable. The MSM does not serve truth. They do not serve the people. They serve the intelligence community first and foremost, then their partisan troop. And while I agree with you that the individual bears responsibility for the information he/she consumes, it's harder than ever to find honest news because there's more information than ever before in human history. Most people do not have the time required to re-train their brains and learn how to properly discern. 

Because discernment is a skill. It requires time and practice to become proficient at. Especially in the middle of a (dis)information war. 

I think people have been pushing narratives since the beginning of time, and people have been falling for it for just as long.  While I may not agree with some of your ideas, I do agree with your general gist.  For every CNN viewer there's a Fox viewer, and for every Trump supporter, there's and Obama hater. The polarization is very real.  Keep in mind, the media doesn't have a responsibility to truth, it has a responsibility to be profitable.  I know you and I understand that, but most people don't.

• Thank you (+1) 2