Did anyone hear mike ginnitti from spotrac on wgr

zevo

2 minutes ago, eball said:

I hope you're right.  This team needs 1-2 more legitimate playmakers at the WR position -- an "always there" bailout option for Josh and more depth.

They just need some guys that win because they are better than the guy across from them. They have some guys that are polished but need some guys that just make plays when they shouldn’t. I think they need it at WR and RB. They need some guys that once and a while score from 70 yards out on a screen. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He’s one inch taller than John Brown.  You tell me

I just need a WR with great catch radius who can adjust for a ball, soft hands, get and maintain good separation and has elite YAC - he obvisouly has to be bigger than Roscoe.

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I can’t describe how I would react to that but why would he be available?

The OP stated Mike Ginnitti from Spotrac on WGR suggested The Chargers might be trade target for Mike Williams.  I am not sure if he is a viable trade targer or not, but I think the Chargers may soon be going through a rebuild.

Edited by Lieutenant Aldo Raine

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They just need some guys that win because they are better than the guy across from them. They have some guys that are polished but need some guys that just make plays when they shouldn’t. I think they need it at WR and RB. They need some guys that once and a while score from 70 yards out on a screen. 

CJ Spiller is available?

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

Ruhle had dj Moore coming to Baylor and was pissed cause he backed out last minute. When ruhle met with media he said he finally got his guy

He is their best receiver. This year was a breakout year for him. I would be shocked if they trade him UNLESS they are completely blowing up the team.

Rhule has seven years . Tepper said something to effect of, If we are bad for five years followed by 20 years of sustained success will anyone be mad?

None has any idea which way this team is going next year.

IF they did blow it up Moore is kind of a possession type, not and outside burner.

10 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

First offseason with Denver McDaniels stunned the NFL by trading the young franchise QB away..........next out was superstar WR Brandon Marshall.     And since OBJ was reportedly imploring opponents to trade for him during the season because he wanted out of that organization I don't think it's a lock that he's back,  regardless of the choice of HC. 

And if you aren't sure if Peters is an upgrade at RT.........put your mind at ease.  He was still a top 10 LT in the NFL this season........just not that many teams in the market for a rental like the Bills would be.  

Peters can 100% still play. Whether he can get through 16 games healthy is s fairer question but he would no doubt be a huge upgrade. 

53 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I'd take this guy all day, every day! He just coming into his own and would be a perfect fit.

53 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

And he's still on his rookie contract.

If he's so good, and I agree that he is, why would the Chargers part ways with him?

12 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

First offseason with Denver McDaniels stunned the NFL by trading the young franchise QB away..........next out was superstar WR Brandon Marshall.     And since OBJ was reportedly imploring opponents to trade for him during the season because he wanted out of that organization I don't think it's a lock that he's back,  regardless of the choice of HC. 

And if you aren't sure if Peters is an upgrade at RT.........put your mind at ease.  He was still a top 10 LT in the NFL this season........just not that many teams in the market for a rental like the Bills would be.  

yup - McDaniels shredded that rosters untouchable core fast. Him moving obj wouldn’t shock me.

56 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

between our window and the state of the AFC I’m so disappointed we didn’t get 1-2 more guys last year. If we don’t go relatively all in this year it’ll really frustrate me. 

Agreed. There should always be an eye towards the future, but we absolutely need to be buyers. Like last Browns offseason type buyers. 

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

If he's so good, and I agree that he is, why would the Chargers part ways with him?

I don't necessarily think they are; the OP stated the Spotrac dude on WGR suggested it.  However, I believe the Chargers are about to go through a rebuild soon, and may not be looking to pay him for a second contract coming up.  

1 hour ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

I have mentioned Mike Williams numerous times on multiple threads.  He is the tall athletic receiver Allen needs who can high point the ball and make tough contested throws.  

We're 0 for 2 on Mike Williamses.  Just thinking of Mike Williams/Buffalo Bills brings back bad memories.  

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Peters can 100% still play. Whether he can get through 16 games healthy is s fairer question but he would no doubt be a huge upgrade. 

I really don't want to see the team give a big, long term deal to a RT in free agency.    That's money poorly spent.........especially if you plan to pay Dawkins.

Peters is likely going to miss some games but when there he would likely be one of the best.........and maybe the Bills training staff/facility would be a boost to him late career.

Of course he also gives you legit LT ability in the event of an issue with Dawkins.    

And though Bills fans don't remember him this way he is a top locker room guy with a lot of playoff experience(though he missed their SB run).

I've always been a big fan and he is high on my offseason wish list and he has said he has no intention of retiring.  

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I just need a WR with great catch radius who can adjust for a ball, soft hands, get and maintain good separation and has elite YAC - he obvisouly has to be bigger than Roscoe.

There’s plenty of guys around 6’1-6’4 in this draft.  I’d hope Ruggs isn’t the guy that we draft in rd 1 with all those other options.  While I don’t think a taller WR will make or break this team, I think it makes sense with the options available 

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

There’s plenty of guys around 6’1-6’4 in this draft.  I’d hope Ruggs isn’t the guy that we draft in rd 1 with all those other options.  While I don’t think a taller WR will make or break this team, I think it makes sense with the options available 

Its gotta be Laviska Shenault and a bigger #1 in FA/trade. Cooper Green Beckham Allen....theyve got their eye on somebody. Laviska does it ALL too. They love versality

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I want Henry Ruggs in the draft and DJ Moore in a trade. With these two WR’s we would be set at WR for a long time. Ruggs stock is going to sky rocket after the combine, I hope that he drops to us.

If Ruggs’s stock skyrockets after the combine, how is he going to drop to us?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Its gotta be Laviska Shenault and a bigger #1 in FA/trade. Cooper Green Beckham Allen....theyve got their eye on somebody. Laviska does it ALL too. They love versality

Would be thrilled if we did this. 

After watching this year unfold, we need a lot of help in the playmaker department.  

Beasley was nonexistent in our playoff game, Brown had the big miss on the sideline and Allen clearly felt more comfortable throwing to Duke Williams, against an average-at-best secondary.  

FA/Trade WR

Early Round Draft Pick WR

John Brown

Cole Beasley

Duke Williams

Andre Roberts 

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

If Ruggs’s stock skyrockets after the combine, how is he going to drop to us?

Not sure he can skyrocket.  He’s projected by many to go before we pick already.  I can’t see any situation where he’s picked ahead of Juedy and Lamb.  I wouldn’t pick him over Shenault, Higgins or Jefferson either.  That 40 time could change everything if he can run under a 4.3.  He can be the next John Ross