Josh Allen outplayed Tom Brady on Wildcard Weekend

Josh Allen: (on the road against a division champion in his first playoff game of his career)

Total yards: 372 

Turnovers: 1 (fumble that led to a FG)

24/46 (52%)

264 yards passing

92 yards rushing

16 yards receiving

accounted for 1 TD (receiving) 

Tom Brady: (at home against the 6th seed in his 40th playoff game of his 20 year NFL career)

Total yards: 209

Turnovers: 1 (pick 6) 

20/37 (54%)

209 yards passing

0 yards rushing

0 yards receiving

accounted for 0 TD

There are no "yeah buts." 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

I agree he outplayed him but Josh still made some colossal mistakes (and I am a HUGE Josh proponent). In addition, Brady declined so precipitously this year it wasn’t even funny. With that being said, he didn’t have much of a supporting cast. 

Next year, when we play the pats***, we will be ready. 

Josh Allen was disturbingly bad in the second half of the playoff game, in which he made numerous errors he has made all season and was supposed to have "learned from" already.  

The denial around here is just over the top.

If you want to compare the QBs, compare their SB appearances and wins record.

Just now, TroutDog said:

I agree he outplayed him but Josh still made some colossal mistakes (and I am a HUGE Josh proponent). In addition, Brady declined so precipitously this year it wasn’t even funny. With that being said, he didn’t have much of a supporting cast. 

Next year, when we play the pats***, we will be ready. 

I get that, but what was Allen's supporting cast?

I saw the rookie RB making play after play and pretty much nobody else, except the 2nd year QB running, throwing, catching. 

Just now, Nextmanup said:

Josh Allen was disturbingly bad in the second half of the playoff game, in which he made numerous errors he has made all season and was supposed to have "learned from" already.  

We're talking about 2019 and 2020. 

This is not to say Allen was great in the 2nd half, but he's just starting his career. 

The denial is everyone nationally bashing Allen and saying "Brady still has it!" 

• Like (+1) 2

What ever happened to realistic analysis of your QB?  I realize fans are desperate for a savior and will stop at nothing to convince themselves and others that all that is required. Is another season, or an elite WR, or just a bit more time under center for josh to become the football God that everyone 

just knows he will be.  His highs are tremendous, his lows are abysmal and truthfully NOBODY knows what we have in Allen yet ...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

How'd Brady do at the end of his game, and what does that say about his career?

Another performance like that by Allen, and his career may be coming to an end.

Can't believe the people trying to compare Brady to Allen.  Let's keep it real.

18 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

and your insistence that josh is trash and can't possibly improve is over the top.

honest question:  do you think josh improved from year one to year two?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

It's a nice illustration of the fact that Allen had a better game than many realize. 

Brady's stats from the Ten. game is an illustration of how much Brady has fallen off a cliff and has zero to do with the Bills QB, head coach, water boy, etc.

24 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Not as disturbingly bad as your posts....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

It's not about careers. It's about where we are right now. 

It's about the FACT that Josh Allen outplayed Tom Brady in the playoffs in a game played in 2020. 

Patriots fans who post here will point to Brady's career. His Superbowl wins. His career passing stats.

They will be doing that a LOT over the next few years as they come to grips with the end of their run.

I love talking football history, don't get me wrong. This thread is about the present, though!

So... Brady is still great, but just needs weapons but Allen stinks? I mean, this Bills offense was loaded with talent, right?

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

Josh Allen: (on the road against a division champion in his first playoff game of his career)

24/46 (52%)

264 yards passing

92 yards rushing

16 yards receiving

Tom Brady: (at home against the 6th seed in his 40th playoff game of his 20 year NFL career)

20/37 (54%)

209 yards passing

0 yards rushing

0 yards receiving

accounted for 0 TD

He out played an old man?

I get that, but what was Allen's supporting cast?

I saw the rookie RB making play after play and pretty much nobody else, except the 2nd year QB running, throwing, catching

Brown, Beasley, Knox to name a few. Do they need more? Yup. But Brady has Eddleman and that’s about it. 

I don’t think the OP is ridiculous, but do agree Allen players poorly in Q4 and OT.  Brady is definitely on the decline, and not because I hate the guy, but he should hang it up.  He’s had a great career, and more SB wins than any other QB.  He has nothing left to prove.  If he was smart, he would left last year when he won the SB like Elway on his second win.

Allen has a lot to learn about not playing hero ball.  He improved a lot this year, but regressed when the pressure was on in this game.  We should have won that game.  Granted we could have never beaten the Chiefs and neither will Houston.  Maybe they have a chance if Fuller is completely healthy, but they still have a crappy defense.

2 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

24/46 (52%)

264 yards passing

92 yards rushing

16 yards receiving

20/37 (54%)

209 yards passing

0 yards rushing

0 yards receiving

accounted for 0 TD

Yea but Brady is 42 and the wheels are 3/4 off.  Too bad he didn't outplay Watson.

Edited by Azucho98

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

It’s a silly comparison to try and prop Allen up. 

I think there are only 3 starting QBs in the NFL we haven't yet made some sort of comparison against as an Allen prop. And like you say the ridiculous thing is there are plenty of genuine reasons to feel good about where Josh is without trying to bash other QBs constantly. 

Edited by GunnerBill

21 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Brown, Beasley, Knox to name a few. Do they need more? Yup. But Brady has Eddleman and that’s about it. 

James White, the guy who pretty much won the Atlanta Super Bowl

Harry, a 1st round rookie WR

Sanu, a guy they just traded a 2nd round pick for and who had been a solid producer in Atlanta

Josh McDaniels as OC, a guy constantly up for HC gigs every year

It isn't like Brady didn't have anyone. THAT is denial talking. I SO want him back with another team next season just so he can remove all doubt. 

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

James White, the guy who pretty much won the Atlanta Super Bowl

Harry, a 1st round rookie WR

Sanu, a guy they just traded a 2nd round pick for and who had been a solid producer in Atlanta

Josh McDaniels as OC, a guy constantly up for HC gigs every year

It isn't like Brady didn't have anyone. THAT is denial talking. I SO want him back with another team next season just so he can remove all doubt. 

Ok, agree to disagree. White has 260 yards rushing and 500 or 600 receiving.  Harry, being a rookie, is always a crap shoot (with about 100 yards for the year). Just not the same as what Josh had in my opinion. 

It's not about careers. It's about where we are right now. 

It's about the FACT that Josh Allen outplayed Tom Brady in the playoffs in a game played in 2020. 

Patriots fans who post here will point to Brady's career. His Superbowl wins. His career passing stats.

They will be doing that a LOT over the next few years as they come to grips with the end of their run.

I love talking football history, don't get me wrong. This thread is about the present, though!

So... Brady is still great, but just needs weapons but Allen stinks? I mean, this Bills offense was loaded with talent, right?

Brady won the superbowl in his first starting year.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I see you're still at your shtick... Whatever keeps you warm at night. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Brady won the superbowl in his first starting year.

First of all, fix your avatar, will you? Your team has 6 titles. Once you update it it'll be good for about 20 years. 

Second, I said in the text that you quoted that this is not about their careers overall. It's about 2020 and going forward. 

I love talking NFL history. The Patriots dynasty is now NFL history. Good stuff to reminisce about in March and April before the current teams get underway. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

5 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

First of all, fix your avatar, will you? Your team has 6 titles. Once you update it it'll be good for about 20 years. 

Second, I said in the text that you quoted that this is not about their careers overall. It's about 2020 and going forward. 

I love talking NFL history. The Patriots dynasty is now NFL history. Good stuff to reminisce about in March and April before the current teams get underway. 

I heard that in 2011 after they lost the sb. I heard it again after the went one and done against baltimore. Heard it again after the afc championship loss to denver. 

1 minute ago, Chris66 said:

I heard that in 2011 after they lost the sb. I heard it again after the went one and done against baltimore. Heard it again after the afc championship loss to denver. 

Heard it at the end of the regular season and they didn't disappoint with their performance against  the Titans.

2 hours ago, Socal-805 said:

Josh Allen wet the bed at the end of the game.

Question:  How many points did the Bills offense SCORE with Josh Allen at QB Saturday?

Answer:  ___

Umm. 19? Am I close?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

Heard it at the end of the regular season and they didn't disappoint with their performance against  the Titans.

They will have shot again next year. The majority of the coaching in this league is awful. You dont have head coaches anymore you have glorified coorinators who pawn off the other side of the ball to someone else.

Just now, Chris66 said:

They will have shot again next year. The majority of the coaching in this league is awful. You dont have head coaches anymore you have glorified coorinators who pawn off the other side of the ball to someone else.

We don't care if you lie to us; however, stop lying to yourself. It's unhealthy.

2 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Do you think Brady will be back?