Josh Allen outplayed Tom Brady on Wildcard Weekend

Josh Allen: (on the road against a division champion in his first playoff game of his career)

Total yards: 372 

Turnovers: 1 (fumble that led to a FG)

24/46 (52%)

264 yards passing

92 yards rushing

16 yards receiving

accounted for 1 TD (receiving) 

Tom Brady: (at home against the 6th seed in his 40th playoff game of his 20 year NFL career)

Total yards: 209

Turnovers: 1 (pick 6) 

20/37 (54%)

209 yards passing

0 yards rushing

0 yards receiving

accounted for 0 TD

There are no "yeah buts." 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

I agree he outplayed him but Josh still made some colossal mistakes (and I am a HUGE Josh proponent). In addition, Brady declined so precipitously this year it wasn’t even funny. With that being said, he didn’t have much of a supporting cast. 

Next year, when we play the pats***, we will be ready. 

Josh Allen was disturbingly bad in the second half of the playoff game, in which he made numerous errors he has made all season and was supposed to have "learned from" already.  

The denial around here is just over the top.

If you want to compare the QBs, compare their SB appearances and wins record.

Just now, TroutDog said:

I agree he outplayed him but Josh still made some colossal mistakes (and I am a HUGE Josh proponent). In addition, Brady declined so precipitously this year it wasn’t even funny. With that being said, he didn’t have much of a supporting cast. 

Next year, when we play the pats***, we will be ready. 

I get that, but what was Allen's supporting cast?

I saw the rookie RB making play after play and pretty much nobody else, except the 2nd year QB running, throwing, catching. 

Just now, Nextmanup said:

Josh Allen was disturbingly bad in the second half of the playoff game, in which he made numerous errors he has made all season and was supposed to have "learned from" already.  

We're talking about 2019 and 2020. 

This is not to say Allen was great in the 2nd half, but he's just starting his career. 

The denial is everyone nationally bashing Allen and saying "Brady still has it!" 

• Like (+1) 2

What ever happened to realistic analysis of your QB?  I realize fans are desperate for a savior and will stop at nothing to convince themselves and others that all that is required. Is another season, or an elite WR, or just a bit more time under center for josh to become the football God that everyone 

just knows he will be.  His highs are tremendous, his lows are abysmal and truthfully NOBODY knows what we have in Allen yet ...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

How'd Brady do at the end of his game, and what does that say about his career?

Another performance like that by Allen, and his career may be coming to an end.

Can't believe the people trying to compare Brady to Allen.  Let's keep it real.

18 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

and your insistence that josh is trash and can't possibly improve is over the top.

honest question:  do you think josh improved from year one to year two?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

It's a nice illustration of the fact that Allen had a better game than many realize. 

Brady's stats from the Ten. game is an illustration of how much Brady has fallen off a cliff and has zero to do with the Bills QB, head coach, water boy, etc.

24 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Not as disturbingly bad as your posts....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

It's not about careers. It's about where we are right now. 

It's about the FACT that Josh Allen outplayed Tom Brady in the playoffs in a game played in 2020. 

Patriots fans who post here will point to Brady's career. His Superbowl wins. His career passing stats.

They will be doing that a LOT over the next few years as they come to grips with the end of their run.

I love talking football history, don't get me wrong. This thread is about the present, though!

So... Brady is still great, but just needs weapons but Allen stinks? I mean, this Bills offense was loaded with talent, right?

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

Josh Allen: (on the road against a division champion in his first playoff game of his career)

Total yards: 372 

Turnovers: 1 (fumble that led to a FG)

24/46 (52%)

264 yards passing

92 yards rushing

16 yards receiving

accounted for 1 TD (receiving) 

Tom Brady: (at home against the 6th seed in his 40th playoff game of his 20 year NFL career)

Total yards: 209

Turnovers: 1 (pick 6) 

20/37 (54%)

209 yards passing

0 yards rushing

0 yards receiving

accounted for 0 TD

There are no "yeah buts." 

He out played an old man?