Allen out-playing other playoff QBs

wiseman3

So far, Josh has had a better performance than any other QB not named Watson (and he still out gained him by a considerable margin of total yards). Brees, Brady, Tannehill, and Cousins have all been pretty bad. I guess my message is that the playoffs are an entire different beast. Allen gets absolutely ripped apart for his mistakes, yet when you compare him to all others so far, he may have had the 2nd best performance of the playoffs. Get him some weapons and another legit RB, and we're in business. 

• Like (+1) 14
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Except Cousins who just exorcised his demons.  Had never won a big game on TV before today.  But I guess everyone should have given up on him after his second year.  Brees too.

I like Allen............but that was a really bad take.     Can't even compare Brees being a young QB in the early 2000's to being a young QB now and Cousins was a backup.   The first year Cousins got the starting nod he had 70% completion % and over 4K yards and 29 passing TD's.    

Watching guys like Tannehill and Cousins win playoff games behind a solid run game you can't help but be a little jealous about the way they built their offenses. Josh was asked to do more. So was Watson and he stood up to the challenge, but it's still a lot to ask of Josh both at this stage of his career and of his current skill set to be out there finishing 58 plays including runs, throws and sacks. 

Edited by VW82
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I like Allen............but that was a really bad take.     Can't even compare Brees being a young QB in the early 2000's to being a young QB now and Cousins was a backup.   The first year Cousins got the starting nod he had 70% completion % and over 4K yards and 29 passing TD's.    

Why can’t we compare a young Brees to Allen?  Why can’t we say that it took Cousins a while to get to this signature win?  Because you say so?

To bail on a second year QB that got your teamnto the playoffs, to assume he can’t improve, is ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, wiseman3 said:

So far, Josh has had a better performance than any other QB not named Watson (and he still out gained him by a considerable margin of total yards). Brees, Brady, Tannehill, and Cousins have all been pretty bad. I guess my message is that the playoffs are an entire different beast. Allen gets absolutely ripped apart for his mistakes, yet when you compare him to all others so far, he may have had the 2nd best performance of the playoffs. Get him some weapons and another legit RB, and we're in business. 

shhhh!?

You’ll kill our buzzards buzz!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Watching Josh Allen, you can't help but think of a young Brett Favre. Favre did the same bone headed things in games that got him traded out of Atlanta. I think Josh will get it together. It is up to Beane/McDermott to surround him with talent. I also feel like sometimes the HC has to go over to QB to reign him in sometimes. Mike Holmgren did so.

1 minute ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

You know what I'm jealous of is watching these receivers (Thielen, Thomas, Hopkins) and the catches they make to help the QB. John Brown had a nice year, but can't even execute a relatively simple toe drag.

Also give props to TEs. Cook made multiple plays for Saints and Rudolph caught game winner. Kroft/Smith/Knox....crickets

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Allen was not the problem. Coaching lost us this game and McD can f off for calling out Allen after the game. 

Brown leaping out of bounds and williams dropping a TD on two beautiful passes by Allen also didn't help. 

Looking forward to next year when hopefully Daboll will be gone and we have some real NFL talent around him. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Process said:

Allen was not the problem. Coaching lost us this game and McD can f off for calling out Allen after the game. 

Brown leaping out of bounds and williams dropping a TD on two beautiful passes by Allen also didn't help. 

Looking forward to next year when hopefully Daboll will be gone and we have some real NFL talent around him. 

Allen was most certainly part of them problem yesterday. Saying he wasn’t is foolish denial.

• Like (+1) 2

Actually as of the end of the Saint game .. for the 6 starting QBs 

Most Passing Yards - Josh Allen 264 

Most Rushing Yards - Josh Allen 92

Most Receiving Yards - Josh Allen 16 :)

Was he amazing .. no, but for his 1st playoff game ... I would say pretty darn good

Edited by CorkScrewHill
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 8

1 hour ago, Success said:

It seems like everyone is focused on a handful of bad plays.  He didn't throw any picks, and made big plays all day.

I have no worries about him or his future. He'll learn & get better.

He didn't throw any picks pretty much sums up how most people grade QB. Allen made more than a few amazing plays not many QBs in NFL history could make. The pass to Singletary on 3rd down was unreal. That said he threw some really late passes that were in the hands of the defense. Doesn't hurt the QB rating much but those should count when grading his play.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Allen was most certainly part of them problem yesterday. Saying he wasn’t is foolish denial.

He had some really bad plays but nothing he can't correct. Coaches put him and the entire offense in terrible positions. 

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 2