Jump to content
SCBills

Jets Message Board - Do we agree with how rival fans view our team?

Recommended Posts

Their board is honestly quite embarrassing right now.  
 

Went to see what they have to say about the game, and it’s predictable, over the top, Allen was melting and lost the game... this, that, the other thing.  
 

Fine. Josh had his share of bad moments. 
 

Although, if Sam threw for 264 and ran for 92 in an overtime playoff game, I’d probably find it hard to say he lost the game, unless he had a ton of turnovers, which Allen didn’t have.  
 

I know this is going to be a rivalry, and with the Pats seemingly at the end of their rope, it’s time to get it on, but....

 

Their entire narrative is that Josh is playing on a “Championship Roster”.  
 

Do we agree?  
 

Championship Defense - Yes.  Very disappointed with how they played against NE and second half Houston, but they are a Top 5 Unit and you can win Championships with that.  
 

Can you ride a defense to a title anymore?.... Yes, but it has to be a ball hawking defense, which is not what we have.  

 

On Offense:

 

They seem to think we have a stud OL.  No, we do not.  We have an average OL, which is light years better than they have, but no, our OL is not great.  
 

WR - We have the same receivers y’all have.  Calm down.  John Brown and Cole Beasley are Robbie Anderson and Jamison Crowder.   You dont win Championships with those dudes as your 1 & 2.  You know that.  We know that.  
 

Tight Ends - Knox is probably better than anyone they have, but teams don’t typically ride rookie TE’s to titles, especially when they have average-below average receivers.  
 

RB- Y’all have LeVeon Bell.  Am I imagining that?  You do realize you spent a ton of cap space on a stud RB who can be utilized in the passing game and running game, correct?    We have Devin Singletary.... and yea, he’s just as good as Bell, as a rookie. 
 

So... with Bills vs Jets hopefully becoming the new AFCE games to watch (although I fully expect Pats to be in the mix next year), how do we feel about their assessment that Josh has a “Championship Roster”? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's enough misery on this board, the last thing I need or give a ***** about is what Jets fans think.

  • Like (+1) 9
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Their board is honestly quite embarrassing right now.  
 

Went to see what they have to say about the game, and it’s predictable, over the top, Allen was melting and lost the game... this, that, the other thing.  
 

Fine. Josh had his share of bad moments. 
 

Although, if Sam threw for 264 and ran for 92 in an overtime playoff game, I’d probably find it hard to say he lost the game, unless he had a ton of turnovers, which Allen didn’t have.  
 

I know this is going to be a rivalry, and with the Pats seemingly at the end of their rope, it’s time to get it on, but....

 

Their entire narrative is that Josh is playing on a “Championship Roster”.  
 

Do we agree?  
 

Championship Defense - Yes.  Very disappointed with how they played against NE and second half Houston, but they are a Top 5 Unit and you can win Championships with that.  
 

Can you ride a defense to a title anymore?.... Yes, but it has to be a ball hawking defense, which is not what we have.  

 

On Offense:

 

They seem to think we have a stud OL.  No, we do not.  We have an average OL, which is light years better than they have, but no, our OL is not great.  
 

WR - We have the same receivers y’all have.  Calm down.  John Brown and Cole Beasley are Robbie Anderson and Jamison Crowder.   You dont win Championships with those dudes as your 1 & 2.  You know that.  We know that.  
 

Tight Ends - Knox is probably better than anyone they have, but teams don’t typically ride rookie TE’s to titles, especially when they have average-below average receivers.  
 

RB- Y’all have LeVeon Bell.  Am I imagining that?  You do realize you spent a ton of cap space on a stud RB who can be utilized in the passing game and running game, correct?    We have Devin Singletary.... and yea, he’s just as good as Bell, as a rookie. 
 

So... with Bills vs Jets hopefully becoming the new AFCE games to watch (although I fully expect Pats to be in the mix next year), how do we feel about their assessment that Josh has a “Championship Roster”? 

Okay, thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets hold the horses just a sec  A championship defense to me is the 2000 ravens  We have a bend dont break Tampa 2 that doesnt create enough havoc and needs a offense to constantly maintain drives because the D routinely allows long drives.  Bills defense scored zero tds this year  That is not championship caliber.  Offense isnt even close

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure a Championship Defense gives up a 3 and 18 with the game on  the line. 🤷‍♀️

  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So many (self proclaimed) experts out there that I don’t know how football survived before internet message boards and blogs.

  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know you spent time on this thread, but I'm in too much of a funk to care about what Jets fans think.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Okay, thanks. 


If you’re not interested, you don’t have to participate.  
 

Jets and Bills have a ton of similarities in their rebuilds.  We’re further along, but I found it interesting that their crutch for Sam was that Josh is playing on a “loaded roster”.  
 

We have plenty of Darnold and Mayfield talk.  It’s not like this is foreign. 

With the division finally open... this could get fun. 
 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

Lets hold the horses just a sec  A championship defense to me is the 2000 ravens  We have a bend dont break Tampa 2 that doesnt create enough havoc and needs a offense to constantly maintain drives because the D routinely allows long drives.  Bills defense scored zero tds this year  That is not championship caliber.  Offense isnt even close


The 2000 Ravens are probably the greatest defense of all time.  IMO, you don’t need to be the greatest of all time to be considered championship level.  Our defense is good enough to win a championship, our offense is bottom 1/3.  We don’t score enough points to be true contenders.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I'm not sure a Championship Defense gives up a 3 and 18 with the game on  the line. 🤷‍♀️

 

Yeah, it is a little difficult to objectively dismiss the defense's role in the loss last night. As I've said before, there is always enough blame to go around in a loss. Last night's game was no exception.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I'm not sure a Championship Defense gives up a 3 and 18 with the game on  the line. 🤷‍♀️

and/or... understands tackling 101.

Edited by Foxx
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Josh will get grilled by fans, pundits, and “experts”  around the league.  
 

To the casual fans they saw that he played panicked. His game got worse as time went on, which went against his normal trend.   He failed to get us the 20 points needed to win.  
 

But we all know more about the Bills.  It was a team loss.  Lots of plays not made. Lots of curious decisions.  Even some bad calls.  Team loss- and who cares about Jets fans anyway.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My friend is a huge Jets fan and his comment last night was that the Bills are the only AFC East team that got better this year.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If We had just an average, top 15 offense we probably don’t lose to Houston because instead we are at home resting on a bye week 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It helps their psyche to paint allen as an incompetent  bust.  I remember reading their boards after the opener and it was pretty much accepted that darnold's bust was going to canton, while allen is a bumbling fool who was already busting out.

 

If the admit Allen is, in fact good.  Or, at least progressing, it is coming to terms that a divisional rival may have a franchise qb for the next decade and a half on the heels of tom brady' 20 year run.  That would be depressing.

 

Its much easier to try to criticize josh allen.  I would be doing the same

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

My friend is a huge Jets fan and his comment last night was that the Bills are the only AFC East team that got better this year.

Watch out for the Dolphins.  They have a good coach.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least our QB has a pair. When Josh melts down he plays "hero ball". That's not exactly a negative trait for a QB to have. When Darnold melts down he "sees ghosts".

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This team doesn’t have a championship defense... It’s decent to above average. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Jets are one of the most irrational and erratic fan bases in the NFL, that's the last place you should be looking for opinions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jets fans are simply whistling past the graveyard. Their team headquarters should be covered with a FEMA tarp right about now. Last fan base’s opinion to care one iota about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

This team doesn’t have a championship defense... It’s decent to above average. 

 

I kind of agree. Especially to end the season. They can't score points. Zero TD's on the season. 0-3 since the last New England game in stopping two point conversions. Only 10th in take aways this year. 7th in sacks. Played some pretty bad offenses. The positive is that they have been a top three defense for two years running now so it's not like they are a fluke this season. And they haven't played only bad offenses the last 32 games.

 

They are good but a championship caliber defense scores points for the offense and creates even more take aways. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I absolutely could not read a jets board. Jets fans in my experience have some of the lowest football IQ of any team. They generally just run with whatever the media says 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:


The 2000 Ravens are probably the greatest defense of all time.  IMO, you don’t need to be the greatest of all time to be considered championship level.  Our defense is good enough to win a championship, our offense is bottom 1/3.  We don’t score enough points to be true contenders.


I will toss the 85 Bears into the D argument, the team steamrolled with a declining Payton and at best decent QB in McMahon

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SCBills said:

 

So... with Bills vs Jets hopefully becoming the new AFCE games to watch (although I fully expect Pats to be in the mix next year), how do we feel about their assessment that Josh has a “Championship Roster”? 

Call me crazy if you wish, but I see the Dolphins becoming the team to beat, not the Jest. 

 

They improved light-years in one year.  They clearly have a good coach.  They can actually beat the Cheaters.   Fitz and Gailey is a great offensive combo.  They have 4 first round picks to build with in a loaded draft.  And Josh Rosen may still be a great QB when he gets his shot.  

 

The Jets will be looking for a new coach and GM very soon.  And I have no reason to believe they'll get it right next time. 

 

Edited by peterpan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...