The fair catch, that wasn't.

peterpan

Only the Bills have to follow the strict interpretation of the rules. Hopkins short of sticks?  Ah hell give him the first. Ford block? Yes we must follow the rules. Play clock at 0 for 2 seconds on 3rd and 18?  Ah hell happens all the time. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Every player on the field and every fan watching, besides the OP, knew what he was doing. It's pedantic to try to find something that wasn't on that play.If you cant win on your own merit, you don't deserve to win. We couldn't and we didn't.

So reply to my post then. 

Buffalo was screwed on a ridiculous "blindside block" rule. That is the most bullcrap rule in all of sports.

What exactly makes it an illegal block? It was done cleanly. Just because he's facing his own endzone that makes it more dangerous and a penalty to take us out of game winning field goal range? BS.

Buffalo won on it's own merit. The refs cheated us. Period.

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

He gave himself up. Remember the Tee White INT where he ran back into the end zone? They rules that Tre White gave himself up too. Can't have it both ways.

Tre actually slid though. Their guy was standing up.

Edited by suorangefan4
  • Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

So reply to my post then. 

Buffalo was screwed on a ridiculous "blindside block" rule. That is the most bullcrap rule in all of sports.

What exactly makes it an illegal block? It was done cleanly. Just because he's facing his own endzone that makes it more dangerous and a penalty to take us out of game winning field goal range? BS.

Buffalo won on it's own merit. The refs cheated us. Period.

Tre actually slid though. Their guy was standing up.

LOL. The Bills did nothing to deserve to win after the first half.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

Yet if a Houston player picked that up and ran it back for a TD it probably would've counted and not been overturned. And people everywhere would think it was a legit TD and mocking us.

and it would have been J.J. Watt who coached them how to do it!!!

• Haha (+1) 4

23 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Because he clearly gave himself up and that would have been the most horrendous call in the history of the sport, just my opinion though.

The ref knew he screwed up. Every Bills player knew he screwed up. Rules are rules. There was no reason to over turn that. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

you play the game by the rules take a knee and then there is no question there are rules for a reason he is live until he takes a knee or is tackled or goes down uncontested like a pick by the d at the end and they just lay down...but then again the guy would be down on the ground not just standing up

28 minutes ago, peterpan said:

I've never seen that signal before.  Since when does double fists, arms spread, signal a fair catch/give up???  I'm wondering when that became a legal signal and/or why the call was overturned?!?!?

According to rules giving yourself up is kneeling or going to the ground AND not trying to advance ball.

He did no such action. Its a fumble...

• Like (+1) 4

The ref was very close, clearly observing everything and signaled for a TD. Overturning it because it was caused by someone making a huge mistake is okay when small children are playing, not in the NFL playoffs. It's not the reason we lost but it's one of the reasons we didn't win and it sucks.

• Like (+1) 6

39 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

If you need to rely on a BS call like that then you don't deserve to be there in the first place. Even at the time I thought I hope they overturn it because that's all that will be talked about after the game. Rather we won it fairly, sadly they didn't!

I hear you, but if fairly means playin by the rules, he didn’t follow them. Not the reason for the loss just saying.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Im not really all that upset by it but for the sake of discussion these are the rules...

ARTICLE 5. FREE KICK CROSSES GOAL LINE

It is a touchback, if a free kick:

1. touches the ground in the end zone before being touched by the receiving team.
  2. goes out of bounds behind the receiving team’s goal line;
  3. strikes the receiving team’s goal post, uprights, or cross bar; or
  4. is downed in the end zone by the receiving team.

The ball was never downed.  It technically should have been called a TD Bills according to the rules.  Waving your arms and tossing the ball is not downing the ball. There is nothing in the rules that says "obviously giving yourself up" can be used to make the call.  The rule is you have to down the ball.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1