Potential Bills WR scouting heaven in the Citrus Bowl today

78thealltimegreat

4 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

media was right.    Metcalf is a playmaker that this offense needs.  

I was thrilled with Oliver and still am. We desperately needed help on the d-line and since it was a rich draft for lineman I was good with the kick. Maybe this is the year we go for a WR

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

Typically teams overreach to draft wide receivers.  This year will not be an exception, so a couple of the best guys will be gone pretty early.  The good news is that there are several guys that will probably develop into really good players and should be available on day two.  I expect Beane to go after one really good veteran to play on the outside opposite John Brown and draft a guy to develop.  One guy that comes to mind is Breshad Perriman.  He really played well after Evans and Godwin were injured.  Tampa won't be able to afford to sign him.  There are others that will be released in Jacksonville, Rams, and Cincinnati (Green).  Even Amari Cooper could hit the open market if their contract talks continue to go nowhere.  I believe Beane will be looking to draft one of the guys that has some length and speed to go deep.  I don't think another Smurf is in the cards.

We have some money wrapped up in Brown/Beasley/Kroft. I think Cooper is going to be to steep for us- Perriman is probably a friendlier deal that will bring good production. AJ Green is on the wrong side of 30 and hasn’t played much in 2 years. ThaT said, a 1 year easy out prove it deal to s safe for sure. Guy has a good head on his shoulders too.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Agreed we need to be looking at the big physical WR's that will NOT be drafted for sure before we pick.

THat is what this team is truly missing

So many choices, really.  There are going to be so many good WRs available.  No. 1-2 caliber guys like Justin Jefferson, Michael Pittman Jr. with big bodies that haven't been mentioned in this thread.  But its not just top heavy, it is all around.  You will have guys that could be really good that are underrated or played with QBs/OLs that were struggling or offenses that had numerous good players but not a lot of volume of passes directed their way - Van Jefferson, UF will be mid-rounder, but is a solid all around WR, Joe Reed, UVA is a great returner, but also a WR with good body control and strong hands who will probably be a late rounder to UDFA.  There are many more, but the point is - a WR can be had anywhere in this draft and it wouldn't hurt to pick up some extra picks to double dip at the position.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

I agree with that but can we name one team anymore that has 3 returns in a season? It just seems ST’s has taken a back seat to player safety. I would like to research this some more my friend.

Elite punt returners are found in the draft. The top 2 all time are 5th rounders. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/punt_ret_yds_career.htm

3 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Of all the receiver names I've seen, I think I'm most intrigued by Laviska Shenault.  He is used like a Deebo Samuel, but he's about three inches taller at 6'2."  He

s got a muscular build, and one publication predicts he'll run a sub 4.4 40 at the combine.  That is the kind of versatility to make one drool just a bit.  The love child of Deebo Samuel and DK Metcalf?

There’s no chance Shenault is a sub 4.4 guy. I’d be pretty surprised if he’s sub 4.5. 

Still a good prospect regardless though. 

3 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Of all the receiver names I've seen, I think I'm most intrigued by Laviska Shenault.  He is used like a Deebo Samuel, but he's about three inches taller at 6'2."  He

s got a muscular build, and one publication predicts he'll run a sub 4.4 40 at the combine.  That is the kind of versatility to make one drool just a bit.  The love child of Deebo Samuel and DK Metcalf?

Shenault is #1 on my list.

8 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I’m curious if the folks pining for Jonathan Taylor watched what LaMical Perine did the other day.... Need to start paying attention to these day two and day three prospects as well. 

Jonathan Taylor seems like a pretty decent prospect. If he were around RD 3 (doubtful) thats a cost controlled running back room for a few years. 

Another WR although not a big guy I'd like the Bills to look at is Kalija Lipscomb from Vanderbilt as a late round guy.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Motorin' said:

Only caught the last 5 mins. How about Najee Harris as that thumper power back? Watching him drag the entire Michigan front 7 down the length of the field was impressive!

The Michigan defense was spent and demoralized at that point in the game.

Up until then, Harris was having a tough time in the game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ayjent said:

So many choices, really.  There are going to be so many good WRs available.  No. 1-2 caliber guys like Justin Jefferson, Michael Pittman Jr. with big bodies that haven't been mentioned in this thread.  But its not just top heavy, it is all around.  You will have guys that could be really good that are underrated or played with QBs/OLs that were struggling or offenses that had numerous good players but not a lot of volume of passes directed their way - Van Jefferson, UF will be mid-rounder, but is a solid all around WR, Joe Reed, UVA is a great returner, but also a WR with good body control and strong hands who will probably be a late rounder to UDFA.  There are many more, but the point is - a WR can be had anywhere in this draft and it wouldn't hurt to pick up some extra picks to double dip at the position.

I would double down this on wide outs......

Address Pass rush in free agency and perhaps later in the draft.   DE and LB

Wide receiver in round 1

Running back in round 2

Wide Receiver in round 3

Then secondary

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

Welp, he did catch 58 balls for 900 yards and 7 TDS. Why did you not see him as a first rounder? If there was a redraft he’d certainly be there.

WRs is all scheme fit 

There arent 32 schemes where he could come in and put up those numbers. He has Russell Wilson one of the world's best deep throwers

He had alot of injury concerns and they still can creep up

I had a late 2nd early 3rd tho his physical talent was always supreme. I thought he had too much injury baggage for a 1st round selection

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Wide receiver in round 1

Running back in round 2

Wide Receiver in round 3

Then secondary

Honestly a RB like Perine will be likely available in round 3-4.  That’s about where the Bills should look at getting some RB depth.  Mekhi Becton, T, Louisville, Jonathan Greenard, DE Florida, orare good picks if available in the 2nd.  Bryce Perkins, QB, UVA is a good developmental prospect at QB that would be a likely upgrade as a backup - probably a 4th rounder.   

Bills can go go heavy on Offense - DE is the position on D to address but that’s really it. 

19 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Wide receiver in round 1

Running back in round 2

Wide Receiver in round 3

Then secondary

That would be my plan. Get a couple taller wrs in the first 4 rounds. Go after Ngakoue and a replacement for Zo....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.