Bills to play most of the team vs. Jets including Josh Allen

Kirby Jackson

2 hours ago, egd said:

Baltimore is stupid. By resting their starters, plus having the bye week, they will be so rusty for their divisional game, which will be against us, btw. Bills beat Baltimore and go on to play New England in the conference finals, which we will also win, as it is hard for a team to beat the same team three times in a season.

You have a QB that runs for 1000 yards and an RB with what looks like a significant foot/ankle issue.  

To me it would be a good idea to play Lamar from the pocket tell him don't run get rid of it in less than 3 seconds and all throws should be to WRs to give something completely different on tape.  

Keep all 6 TEs to stay in and max protect....

Yes.  I'm exaggerating.  Sort of.  

17 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

That's a straw man, I'm not talking about practice, I'm talking about games...stop with the logical fallacies please.

So why wouldn't Rocky fight some random dude the week or four before his fight with Apollo?

You’re bringing up a fictional character in a different sport for this argument?

17 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

Now I will say this. They have a sports science dept and detailed stats on each player in terms of their acceleration, top speed, cut abgle, etc with all sorts of variables baked in.  They know how much rest will cause certain players and positions will cause them to get out of game fitness/shape.

My guess, there will be certain players that the moment they hit a certain heart rate or some other measure they will get pulled. My guess is also for many players those benchmarks could get hit in pregame warm-ups.

You think the players are wearing heart rate equipment during a game?

Im really not sure if you’re being serious about this post.

4 hours ago, dubs said:

The risk of playing anyone important is so asymmetrical relative to the reward it’s mind boggling someone could make the argument to play anyone. 

injuries to a key player are instantaneous and mostly happen in a split second in a live game versus a live opponent. 

improving on offense is something that takes many factors into account and certainly isn’t just live reps in a portion of a meaningless game. It’s reps over the course of a season and sometimes multiple seasons, players, play calling, opponents, etc...  

in other words there is no chance that a few reps is going to make any difference In performance, yet an injury to a key player could mean the difference between wins and losses. Asymmetrical risk. 

people like that go with twice the legal alcohol and speed limit with blinders on yelling “la la la la la la la la” and telling you to ***** off

and then try crash big time (not even a tiny bit of a surprise) and expect you to bail them out and give them $$

It is so sad...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You’re bringing up a fictional character in a different sport for this argument?

You think the players are wearing heart rate equipment during a game?

Im really not sure if you’re being serious about this post.

Yes, bringing up fictional characters, it's more fun that way...you're right though on the wrong sport, should have brought up Bobby Bouche...

Probably not heart rate monitors, but they do have accelerometers on (or the stadiums are set up to track that stuff). Based on baseline data I'm sure they are collecting in practice with what a player's heart rate gets to when running so fast for so long, they should be able to fairly confidently judge heart rates in game without a heart rate checker.

As far as being serious...yeah mostly. I'm just trying to take down the straw man of practice or even just walking down the street is risky, so therefore games are no more risky. It's like saying an F1 racer has as much chance of dying on the way to the race going 65 mph on a highway as dying going 200+ in a racecar.

Perhaps my approach isn't as nuanced as it typically is (or maybe I think it is, lol), but cut me a bit of slack, I just had my second son a week ago, and I'm tired!! :)

Edited by HardyBoy

20 hours ago, NC Book said:

I think the starters should at least play a few series. Both times, coming out after a week off (preseason week 4 and bye week 6), they came out a little imprecise. They had a lot of mental mistakes vs NYJ week 1 and didn't start off well coming off the bye vs the Ravens. They pretty much used to 1st half to get warmed up, before actually playing the 2nd half it seemed like. I'd like to get our players rested up and healthy, but don't want them coming out flat in a very winnable playoff game, esp on the road.

I think Josh should play until about half with 0 called runs. But most others should play normal

On 12/24/2019 at 11:56 AM, VW82 said:

I’m ok with everyone playing 1-2 quarters. Athletes are creatures of habit and so there’s value in keeping them in their routine. It’s going to look really dumb if someone important goes down though.

Really what is the point of this, this isn’t preseason where you can have a lot of guys dressing. It’s a matter of numbers and it makes zero sense to dress s bunch of players that are only going to play for a couple of series. 

The starters are likely playing to sharpen the offense with one last game time opportunity to do so. That being said, this is how I think it will play out on Sunday:

On offense, Gore, Nsekeh, but if healthy may play a little since he needs some game time. And while Brown and Beasley could benefit from a week off, the offense is developing and they need to be in there when Allen is.  Ditto for all of the offensive lineman.

On defense, the old guys, Lorenzo Alexander and Jerry Hughes; Star and Lawson too.

And all 4 starting  defensive backs:  a long season and a week off is what Poyer, Hyde, Wallace,  White need most.

I see mainly backups playing by the second half.

This is just plain idiotic, I would treat this as the 4th preseason game and let the bench show what they've got and give some ps guys a go. No point in having guys come into the playoff game dinged up or missing the game entirely because of playing a meaningless game for no good reason.  I am a big fan of mclap clap but c'mon this is not smart ☹️

On 12/25/2019 at 6:33 PM, kota said:

it's not a bye week.  

Obviously. 

But it is a week off to rest and rehab for most of our starters (if we want it to be), prepare for the real thing in 2 weeks.

Since this post, it sounds like today they're hinting at this Sunday being a quick in and out for most starters, 2 or 3 possessions, preseason style.

21 hours ago, BillsBlue said:

This is just plain idiotic, I would treat this as the 4th preseason game and let the bench show what they've got and give some ps guys a go. No point in having guys come into the playoff game dinged up or missing the game entirely because of playing a meaningless game for no good reason.  I am a big fan of mclap clap but c'mon this is not smart ☹️

they can’t treat it like a 4th preseason game and rest everyone. Practice squad players are not part of the 53 and therefor can’t play in game. Well, I guess they could if you wanted to cut some guys and sign them to a contract. 

sure some guys should sit and rest but people need to be realistic. Can’t sit everyone. 

2 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Obviously. 

But it is a week off to rest and rehab for most of our starters (if we want it to be), prepare for the real thing in 2 weeks.

Since this post, it sounds like today they're hinting at this Sunday being a quick in and out for most starters, 2 or 3 possessions, preseason style.

they said days ago that Allen would play one quarter. I assume a lot of other guys will only play that too.