Around the League Week 16

YoloinOhio

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

I hear you. Like I said, the next big game he wins will be his first. He got hot, no question, but he’s still the same ol Ryan who got run out of Miami for being middling at his best. 

Yeah, I see what you're saying.  It is hard to ignore the last 6 or so years of his career which have indeed been pretty bad.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Talley56 said:

Yeah, I see what you're saying.  It is hard to ignore the last 6 or so years of his career which have indeed been pretty bad.

That’s all I’m saying. If you’re ranking (likely) AFC playoff QBs you want to ride into battle with, Ryan would be at the bottom of my list. 

Give me Josh any day over Ryan. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

That’s all I’m saying. If you’re ranking (likely) AFC playoff QBs you want to ride into battle with, Ryan would be at the bottom of my list. 

Give me Josh any day over Ryan. 

I get what you're saying about Tannehill.

Kind of reminds me of how things turned out for Steve DeBerg. He was terrible on every team he played for. Then he gets to Kansas City and he's getting them to the playoffs.

Granted Tannehill is younger than when DeBerg was, but the change of scenery is probably what has been the biggest help.

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

A clean hit?   A vicious shoulder to helmet shot?  How is that not targeting or hitting a defenseless WR?

Didn’t look like he took a helmet shot there. He put the shoulder in and went midsection to jar the ball loose. Great football play that gets flagged too often imo. Not challengeable either, so good to see it not get flagged erroneously. 

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Didn’t look like he took a helmet shot there. He put the shoulder in and went midsection to jar the ball loose. Great football play that gets flagged too often imo. Not challengeable either, so good to see it not get flagged erroneously. 

I’d have to see another replay, but I think he just drops the ball due to the head shot. 

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

And they convert it.  :lol:

The Giants-Redskins game is halfway through OT.  NFL Redzone doesn't even care.

That’s one peeve I have with RZ, they spend a lot of time on the “ nfl game of the week” even though most everyone is seeing that game already on a network feed. 

Lol you hear that guy? "They don't have to punt... they are electing to punt" 

1 minute ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Crazy how awesome he has been for the Cardinals.

Wild ride for Cardinals backfield. DJ looks done. Edmonds looked like a beast and then got hurt and now he doesn't even see the field.