Around the League Week 16

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Yep.  It’s possible that the Bills could go on a run in the playoffs, but it’s unlikely.  When your can only score 10 to 17 PPG against good teams, your margin for error is just too small.  Everything has to go right, and that rarely happens, especially on the road against a good team.

Agreed. A deep run would be a surprise, as some ingredients are lacking. A Bills win in the WC round is a strong possibility as road teams win every year in that round. It’s a lot harder to do once you advance to the divisional. This roster truly is a year away, but I’m going to sit back and enjoy the playoff ride. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

The Duck is on the bench

Titans are getting the 6th seed

Remrmber...Steelers magic number is 2, Titans is 3 with wins and other teams loses assuming both don’t lose both games.

if both 8-8 thrn others can get in and they both  could get in.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

We have a championship caliber defense that gives us a chance in every game. And I don't think every team has the same chance I just think people are severely underestimating our team. I honestly don't think us and the Saints are that far off. The Saints lost to a 5 win Falcons team when they were just 1-7 earlier in the year. Honestly, if the Saints were still playing with Bridgewater do you think they would still be that much better? Any team can do anything in the playoffs. I do think "ingredients" are important but I think you're only looking at it one way. 

The Bills defense can keep them in every game, but the offense is just severely limiting to their chances. That includes the coordinator and his lack of creativity and feel for the game. In my estimation , the Saints with Bridgewater would still be significantly superior to the Bills in their ability to go deep in the playoffs. The Bills need to get a lead and hold on, as their ability to score late in a tight game is just fair to average at best. 

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

I wonder how many of us are still aggravated by yesterday's game? That leading to a somewhat non-stress free day.

I am over it. On to the Jets and see how the rest of the league does today.

I’m aggravated because I see the refs screwing Baltimore so they can give New England the home field advantage throughout the playoffs, it never ends....

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The Bills defense can keep them in every game, but the offense is just severely limiting to their chances. That includes the coordinator and his lack of creativity and feel for the game. In my estimation , the Saints with Bridgewater would still be significantly superior to the Bills in their ability to go deep in the playoffs. The Bills need to get a lead and hold on, as their ability to score late in a tight game is just fair to average at best. 

One of our main problems on offense is sitting on leads and being to conservative when we're up instead of keeping our foot on the gas. This is a very fixable problem. Daboll's playcalling is a major issue in certain situations. All we need to do is be more consistent offensively and learn to score more between 25-30 points a game consistently. If we do that then there is no reason to think that we can't make a deep run into the playoffs this year. 

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

If the ravens botch it and let the pats get home field I am going to be pissed.

Yup

This time of year it's all about one thing to me: keep NE out of the Superbowl

Bills making a run would be icing on the cake. Maybe the 2 things coincide

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

I’m aggravated because I see the refs screwing Baltimore so they can give New England the home field advantage throughout the playoffs, it never ends....

I have to say, its wearing on me. I've enjoyed watching the Bills this year and the success they've had so far, but overall I'm not sure how much longer I can keep watching. Between the refs, the commercials,  the terrible penalties it's tough to take it seriously. Its WWE type stuff. I'm watching more and more soccer. 

6 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

One of our main problems on offense is sitting on leads and being to conservative when we're up instead of keeping our foot on the gas. This is a very fixable problem. Daboll's playcalling is a major issue in certain situations. All we need to do is be more consistent offensively and learn to score more between 25-30 points a game consistently. If we do that then there is no reason to think that we can't make a deep run into the playoffs this year. 

If they’re going to win in the playoffs ( especially beyond the WC round) , Daboll will have to open it up when they get a lead. The running on first down habit will have to go away as well. They can’t win when they’re in third and 6+ all day. 

11 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Ravens beat NE, so they’d have to lose at home to PIT next week to lose the 1 seed. Not going to happen.