Around the League Week 16

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Week 16 you mean?

Sure that too 

7 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I wonder how many of us are still aggravated by yesterday's game? That leading to a somewhat non-stress free day.

I am over it. On to the Jets and see how the rest of the league does today.

Not aggravated. We will see them again.

I was going to take the day off, especially since my super bowl in fantasy I’m facing Lamar against Cleveland ? two week format and Lamar killed it last week against the Jets but I somehow finished tied. 

And just in case anyone cares, I took josh Allen 4th overall in my draft and was laughed at. Deservedly so. But I said all year ride or die with Allen and started him every week somehow made it to the super bowl. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

It's REALLY going to piss me off if KC chokes one of these games and loses the 3 seed to Houston, and we have to play KC and friggin Cheaters get Houston and basically walk into the AFC championship without breaking a sweat

4 minutes ago, stevewin said:

It's REALLY going to piss me off if KC chokes one of these games and loses the 3 seed to Houston, and we have to play KC and friggin Cheaters get Houston and basically walk into the AFC championship without breaking a sweat

Houston might feel already beat the pats once. 

34 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Highly unlikely.

That means you think Ten/Pit can win in KC, while the Bills win in Houston.

How likely is that going to happen?

I think the Bills can win in HOU and it looks like TEN can win a road game at Arrowhead. PIT ? I don’t think so. Anyway, it’s the NFL and the first round always has upsets. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

I wonder if the Saints fans watching their game today is saying "we're still a year away"

If you’re trying to compare the Saints current team / roster to the Bills you are way off base. They have a future HOF QB, studs all over the place and are absolutely in a “ win a championship now” mode and have been for a few seasons. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Not sure what Miami’s GM was doing signing Fitzpatrick when they wanted to bottom out, but he’s done exactly what you’d expect: keep them in games and pull a few out. It’s been a lucky break for us regardless, no top pick for them this year. And I’m enjoying rooting for him. Win/win. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, stevewin said:

That's how they do it every year

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I think the Bills can win in HOU and it looks like TEN can win a road game at Arrowhead. PIT ? I don’t think so. Anyway, it’s the NFL and the first round always has upsets. 

If you’re trying to compare the Saints current team / roster to the Bills you are way off base. They have a future HOF QB, studs all over the place and are absolutely in a “ win a championship now” mode and have been for a few seasons. 

Any team that makes the playoffs can make a super bowl run in any given year so when someone says that when their team is in the playoffs is just plain stupid. The Saints just gave up two 40 yard TDs on defense. If that happens with us then we are "still a year away" or "this team is a joke" or something stupid. 

2 minutes ago, billsherd said:

If Steelers make it, it would be an easy W to whoever gets to play them. 

I'm hoping they get in so KC gets a defacto bye

I want KC VS NE in the divisional round

Saints always struggle outdoors

Edited by TheFunPolice

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

Any team that makes the playoffs can make a super bowl run in any given year so when someone says that when their team is in the playoffs is just plain stupid. The Saints just gave up two 40 yard TDs on defense. If that happens with us then we are "still a year away" or "this team is a joke" or something stupid. 

I disagree. A team still has to have the necessary ingredients to make that run, even if their regular season didn’t reflect it. Sometimes a team will just get hot in the playoffs and it carries them through. Thinking that every team in the playoffs has the same chance to win the championship is folly. Being realistic about what the Bills have and don’t have isn’t stupid. They’re in a rebuild and having success while covering up major flaws. That’s a result of good coaching , but they’ll need to take it to another level in the playoffs. You really can’t compare the Bills with a developing QB to a team with a future HOF QB that was in the NFC title game last season. You could , but some might call that “ plain stupid”. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

Ravens look terrible

I think there's something to clinching a playoff berth. This tends to happen every year. A team wins their division or gets in the playoffs with a few weeks to go and they play somewhat soft the next few weeks. 

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

I think there's something to clinching a playoff berth. This tends to happen every year. A team wins their division or gets in the playoffs with a few weeks to go and they play somewhat soft the next few weeks. 

#1 seed is still up for grabs

It's the difference between a likely NE KC game in the divisional round or a likely KC BAL game

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

They lost to the Browns before as well. Matchups have something to do with it, though I agree the intensity can trail off when things are sewn up. 

No way the Ravens lose to the Steelers in week 17 though. 

8 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I disagree. A team still has to have the necessary ingredients to make that run, even if their regular season didn’t reflect it. Sometimes a team will just get hot in the playoffs and it carries them through. Thinking that every team in the playoffs has the same chance to win the championship is folly. Being realistic about what the Bills have and don’t have isn’t stupid. They’re in a rebuild and having success while covering up major flaws. That’s a result of good coaching , but they’ll need to take it to another level in the playoffs. You really can’t compare the Bills with a developing QB to a team with a future HOF QB that was in the NFC title game last season. You could , but some might call that “ plain stupid”. 

Yep.  It’s possible that the Bills could go on a run in the playoffs, but it’s unlikely.  When you can only score 10 to 17 PPG against good teams, your margin for error is just too small.  Everything has to go right, and that rarely happens, especially on the road against a good team.

Edited by mannc

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

We have a championship caliber defense that gives us a chance in every game. And I don't think every team has the same chance I just think people are severely underestimating our team. I honestly don't think us and the Saints are that far off. The Saints lost to a 5 win Falcons team when they were just 1-7 earlier in the year. Honestly, if the Saints were still playing with Bridgewater do you think they would still be that much better? Any team can do anything in the playoffs. I do think "ingredients" are important but I think you're only looking at it one way.