Giants waive CB Janoris Jenkins

PromoTheRobot

He seems to be really taking it hard...his tweet about it: "Best thing ever."

TLDR;

He got released after calling a fan a "reta*d" on twitter and then refused to apologize for it, saying it is part of "his slang"

Edited by matter2003

1 hour ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Direct quote from Jenkins, "I'm not calling nobody no name or pick at nobody. It's just something we use in the hood back at home."

When I was growing up in the 50s, the "N word" was not considered derogatory in the lily white community I grew up in.  It was who we thought they were.  Once you have a chance to broaden your horizons and figure out what labels offend people, you have a responsibility to start using terms that people find acceptable, or you're going to make a lot of enemies.

IMO he was wrong to say what he said, didn't apologize, and basically said "well I said it because...that's what I say".  Consequences. 

1 hour ago, 32ABBA said:

Someday "Dumb" will be deemed offensive.

If you are calling someone dumb...that likely would be offensive to most people.

24 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

IMO he was wrong to say what he said, didn't apologize, and basically said "well I said it because...that's what I say".  Consequences. 

If you are calling someone dumb...that likely would be offensive to most people.

I don't think he's including the person he's calling "dumb". 

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

He seems to be really taking it hard...his tweet about it: "Best thing ever."

TLDR;

He got released after calling a fan a "reta*d" on twitter and then refused to apologize for it, saying it is part of "his slang"

I wonder how well that excuse would work for someone who used the 'n-word' because they used to use it as slang back in the trailer park?........

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I wonder how well that excuse would work for someone who used the 'n-word' because they used to use it as slang back in the trailer park?........

Huge difference between the two.  Pretty sure most people used that word growing up in one form or another.  Now you might make half the room sob into their hankies if you used it.

My son played directly against Jenkins in the Florida high school playoffs. The kids from the little Catholic school in Sarasota hung in there for a half against Pahokee. That seemed to make them angry. The second half.....did not go well for us. 

• Like (+1) 1