r henderson

[Name Only Title] Tua Tagovailoa

Just throwing it out there, Would anyone oppose to taking a flier on Tua Tagovailoa if he fell to us in the draft? There's been talk of him possibly sliding because of the injuries he's sustained this season. Just throwing it out there, 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Meh 3
  • Skeptical 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, r henderson said:

Just throwing it out there, Would anyone oppose to taking a flier on Tua Tagovailoa if he fell to us in the draft? There's been talk of him possibly sliding because of the injuries he's sustained this season. Just throwing it out there, 

Stop.

Just stop.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 7

He's not that good and won't amount to anything in the NFL.

Practice squad if he goes undrafted, maybe.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, r henderson said:

If he’s an awesome WR- I’m in. 

• Like (+1) 1

If you mean fell to us in rounds 1-3, no. Anything after that, I might be intrigued. 

Let me clarify, I'm not looking to replace Josh.

Edited by Dopey
  • Like (+1) 1

Oh look....endless fascination over a college QB who played on a team that had a huge talent advantage over 90% of its opponents.  Those guys always end up as top players in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, r henderson said:

Depends where he fell to us. At pick 23 or 24 or whatever we will be (pick 32 Gunner....)? No. If he fell to us in the third round of the Draft yes, absolutely you take him - but that isn't happening. Tua is going in the first round, he will likely be long gone by the time the Bills pick (in the almost impossible situation where he isn't there will be teams drafting after us that would want to get up and take him so the Bills might have a bidding war for their pick). The Bills do not need to draft another Quarterback early. They will take one in this class somewhere I think to compete for the backup job.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, r henderson said:

2nd year QB has a bad game against a great defense time to panic.

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

2nd year QB has a bad game against a great defense time to panic.

On day two it’s a pretty reasonable discussion 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, r henderson said:

At this point no. 

I don't think they would take a QB first round even if he is the best player available when they are on the clock:

1. They are invested in allen and he has shown development in areas

2. There are some concerning moments shown by allen but even so I think the constant questions and publicity from drafting a number 1 QB again now would be too much of a distraction and hindrance. 

34 minutes ago, r henderson said:

Probably at least 10 other priorities to address

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

Maybe if we were selecting him as Mr. Irrelevant because he's just that, irrelevant.

Yo that avatar.

EXCELLENT

• Thanks! (+1) 1

If he fell from the sky and landed on a rookie free agent contract we might consider it devine intervention and sign him.  Wasting a 1st rounder on him. NO!

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Depends where he fell to us. At pick 23 or 24 or whatever we will be (pick 32 Gunner....)? No. If he fell to us in the third round of the Draft yes, absolutely you take him - but that isn't happening. Tua is going in the first round, he will likely be long gone by the time the Bills pick (in the almost impossible situation where he isn't there will be teams drafting after us that would want to get up and take him so the Bills might have a bidding war for their pick). The Bills do not need to draft another Quarterback early. They will take one in this class somewhere I think to compete for the backup job.

I'd say even 2nd round is absolutely take him..... tell me, where is the downside? The QB position trumps every other position by a large margin. If Allen flames out or gets hurt you have a guy with big potential behind him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Oh look....endless fascination over a college QB who played on a team that had a huge talent advantage over 90% of its opponents.  Those guys always end up as top players in the NFL.

You don't watch much college football. SEC is essentially semipro football. Add the playoffs and that is two more games against high level competition.  No doubt they have some patsies on their schedule and that is a problem.  But Tua has played well in the biggest moments.

All that said, if he falls past round 3, I'd be fine with drafting him. I don't think he will be a great NFL QB but he would have value if he fell. Even if it was to trade him later. The Bills have too many holes to waste on a QB in first three rounds. Regardless, I think some team will take Tua in the first round.

Tua is already expressing some doubts himself that he will ever be the same player he was prior to the injury. It would be a pass for me. His best bet is to return to school and prove he is healthy so he can be a top 3 pick next year imo, but if someone is going to take him in the 1st Round in 2020 then it is hard to say no to that guaranteed $$$. I can see the Raiders taking him and they will have multiple picks before the Bills anyway. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I'd say even 2nd round is absolutely take him..... tell me, where is the downside? The QB position trumps every other position by a large margin. If Allen flames out or gets hurt you have a guy with big potential behind him. 

We have more pressing needs then to take a QB that high.  And Allen won't flame out.  He grows each week and still hasn't hit his ceiling yet

• Like (+1) 2