[Name Only Title] Tua Tagovailoa

r henderson

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Depends where he fell to us. At pick 23 or 24 or whatever we will be (pick 32 Gunner....)? No. If he fell to us in the third round of the Draft yes, absolutely you take him - but that isn't happening. Tua is going in the first round, he will likely be long gone by the time the Bills pick (in the almost impossible situation where he isn't there will be teams drafting after us that would want to get up and take him so the Bills might have a bidding war for their pick). The Bills do not need to draft another Quarterback early. They will take one in this class somewhere I think to compete for the backup job.

Yeah. Nobody's taking a "flier" on Tua, so the premise is absurd. He'll be a first round pick and very likely a top 10 pick.

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I'd say even 2nd round is absolutely take him..... tell me, where is the downside? The QB position trumps every other position by a large margin. If Allen flames out or gets hurt you have a guy with big potential behind him. 

I think for me the Bills first two picks if at all possible should be spent on a receiver and an edge rusher. I'd consider moving up and down and around the board and packaging other picks to get in position to take the guys I like at those two spots. Both positions need an infusion of talented young players.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/11/2019 at 9:17 AM, BarleyNY said:

There are some crazy posts in this thread.  If not for his injury Tua would be in consideration for the first overall pick.  Talk of him being a day 3 pick is nuts.

As for the Bills, so much depends on what the Bills think of Allen.  Tua is already a much better prospect than he was though.  That’s largely due to accuracy.  Tua’s deep ball is fantastic.  He also is willing and able to throw to spots that protect his receivers.  Those are both issues with Allen’s game right now.  Still, there’s three games plus postseason left this season for us to see of Allen is putting it together.  The Bills staff obviously sees more Of him than we do and knows him better.

The Bills do need help at OT, CB, WR, TE, Edge and more.  But realistically the question boils down to whether you think Tua will be a better QB than Allen.  That’s because no other position matters remotely as much.  QB controversy or not, I’d pull the trigger on Tua without hesitation if he falls to us in the first.  That’s based on what I’ve seen from him and where I see Allen now.  I really don’t see Tua falling that far anyway. 

I’m sorry sir but your wrong, it would be a wasted pick to take Tua in the 2nd round. We have a lot more pressing needs on this team. We need more OL, a pass rush, TE, WR, etc. QB is the last position this team needs to think about. Honestly go get a veteran in free agency. Tua can’t stay healthy he is going to be Mariota 2.0 Mark my words

I am probably the biggest fan of Tua on this board. Trent Dilfer called him the smartest QB who ever came to his camp. The kid is extremely accurate and can make every throw. I sincerely doubt that he will ever get in trouble. Just an absolute great person and player.

That said, the Bills should not select him in the first round. I am still of the opinion that our receiving corps is not so threatening. I cannot say enough how many top receivers are coming out in 2020. Tall receivers, absolute speedsters, guys with great hands.....everybody. Josh Allen needs weapons and he has the arm to reach any of these kids.

For the first time in more years than I can remember, I am hoping for a 1st Round wide receiver. It feels strange to even type this.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Looking back, not drafting Aaron Rodgers because you had JP Losman was the right choice!

and I’m skeptical of Allen but I do think he has done enough to have one more year as the guy. I won’t stop addressing the qb position because Barkley is not special and you never stop trying to improve the most position in sports (see me in fantasy picking up Lamar when I had Mahomes in week 1 ?).

also, Tua makes me real nervous. So hard to tell with Bama qbs. He throws to a nfl receiving core, has the best defense in college, and struggles to stay healthy.  He is going to end up on the Pats.

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Looking back, not drafting Aaron Rodgers because you had JP Losman was the right choice!

and I’m skeptical of Allen but I do think he has done enough to have one more year as the guy. I won’t stop addressing the qb position because Barkley is not special and you never stop trying to improve the most position in sports (see me in fantasy picking up Lamar when I had Mahomes in week 1 ?).

also, Tua makes me real nervous. So hard to tell with Bama qbs. He throws to a nfl receiving core, has the best defense in college, and struggles to stay healthy.  He is going to end up on the Pats.

I love Tua's game, but the injury concerns are a real thing. 

On 12/11/2019 at 11:22 AM, H2o said:

Tua is already expressing some doubts himself that he will ever be the same player he was prior to the injury. It would be a pass for me. His best bet is to return to school and prove he is healthy so he can be a top 3 pick next year imo, but if someone is going to take him in the 1st Round in 2020 then it is hard to say no to that guaranteed $$$. I can see the Raiders taking him and they will have multiple picks before the Bills anyway. 

I think he's gotta return to school.   Unless he has insurance and needs to declare for the draft this year for the policy to apply.   

On 12/11/2019 at 11:21 AM, Ethan in Portland said:

You don't watch much college football. SEC is essentially semipro football. Add the playoffs and that is two more games against high level competition.  No doubt they have some patsies on their schedule and that is a problem.  But Tua has played well in the biggest moments.

All that said, if he falls past round 3, I'd be fine with drafting him. I don't think he will be a great NFL QB but he would have value if he fell. Even if it was to trade him later. The Bills have too many holes to waste on a QB in first three rounds. Regardless, I think some team will take Tua in the first round.

I hear what you're saying and I agree about the SEC generally.  That said, 10 of the 15 games played in 2018 were against clearly inferior teams.  

On 12/11/2019 at 10:37 AM, Joe in Winslow said:

Stop.

Just stop.

Stop being such an arrogant d bag. It’s a fair question. Yikes

On 12/11/2019 at 10:56 AM, Boatdrinks said:

Lol, he won’t fall that far, but even if he did , no thanks. 

He apparently had the same freak hip injiury Bo Jackson had. He really may drop a ton