Maybe we want to lose to the Ravens?

peterpan

2 hours ago, peterpan said:

Watching the Ravens/49ers game, two of the best teams in the league, gave me the confidence that the Bills are FINALLY one of the NFLs top teams!  So, while we are capable of beating Baltimore next week, do we want to?? Hear me out.....

Beating the Ravens gives them 3 losses.  Patriots are the first seed with 1.  Bills would still have the 5th seed for the playoffs, whether we win or lose. 

When -WHEN - the Bills beat the cheaters in 3 weeks, they will have two losses, and lose the tie breaker with Baltimore for the #1 seed in the playoffs.  This is HUGE.

We want NE to miss the Super Bowl or else they will tie the Bills amazing record of 4 straight SBs!!!!!!!!

The Pats would then have to play Kansas City (most likely) in the second  round of the playoffs.  That's a much harder game than say, Houston or the Steelers.  For the AFC championship game, they would then, maybe, travel to Baltimore, rather being guaranteed home field advantage, where those cheaters have an unbelievable win record. 

The Bills on the other hand, will likely meet the Ravens in the second round of the playoffs.  It's hard to beat a good team twice.  We can use this first game as a learning experience, and not show our hand, even setting the Ravens up for our second meeting. 

Now that's some 5 dimension chess right there!!!

We are looking to be a game behind the Pats and you want to loose? What is wrong with you people. Lets win the division. Lets win out!

12 minutes ago, bbb said:

Anything is possible after reading that we should have been rooting for the Patriots tonight.  How is this possible:

I'd be rather be rooting for P*ts medical staff and staff infection in their locker room.

Just now, nedboy7 said:

I don't think people are getting the joke. 

Maybe because it is not funny but idiotic?

10 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

Ugh, is this confirmed?

He claims it's something with common opponents.  I don't know.  He's also claiming it would have been better for the Pats to win.  I don't see how that's possible.  

Watching the Ravens/49ers game, two of the best teams in the league, gave me the confidence that the Bills are FINALLY one of the NFLs top teams!  So, while we are capable of beating Baltimore next week, do we want to?? Hear me out.....

Beating the Ravens gives them 3 losses.  Patriots are the first seed with 1.  Bills would still have the 5th seed for the playoffs, whether we win or lose. 

When -WHEN - the Bills beat the cheaters in 3 weeks, they will have two losses, and lose the tie breaker with Baltimore for the #1 seed in the playoffs.  This is HUGE.

We want NE to miss the Super Bowl or else they will tie the Bills amazing record of 4 straight SBs!!!!!!!!

The Pats would then have to play Kansas City (most likely) in the second  round of the playoffs.  That's a much harder game than say, Houston or the Steelers.  For the AFC championship game, they would then, maybe, travel to Baltimore, rather being guaranteed home field advantage, where those cheaters have an unbelievable win record. 

The Bills on the other hand, will likely meet the Ravens in the second round of the playoffs.  It's hard to beat a good team twice.  We can use this first game as a learning experience, and not show our hand, even setting the Ravens up for our second meeting. 

Really? Houston is looking like a pretty tough game for them right about now...

For the first time ever, I find myself wishing this post linked to a dude in a Tinkerbell outfit instead. 

This post is chock full of ridiculous statements.  

You play the schedule your given.  You always play to win.  Case closed. 

Edited by Bob in STL

Umm, no!

1 hour ago, TheProcess said:

No. There’s no situation imaginable where I wouldn’t want to win this game and put the rest of the NFL on notice. 

I can... if it gives the PATs a first round bye and they somehow win another superbowl because of it.

Obviously it's impossible to know 'what could have happened', but that's the thought.

With the loss to Houston.... If Buffalo beats Baltimore and KC Beats NE next week we control our own path to the #1 seed.

in that scenario we have the first tie breaker over Baltimore and a better record than NE.   

let that sink in - there’s a possible scenario next week, where we have control of the #1 seed!

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Jobot said:

I can... if it gives the PATs a first round bye and they somehow win another superbowl because of it.

Obviously it's impossible to know 'what could have happened', but that's the thought.

Based on the information available to us today, the answer is no. This is a great measuring stick game against the now #1 seed in the AFC. Now go kick their a**.