Bruce named to NFL 100 Greatest Defensive Line team

Big Turk

Does anyone know who votes for the all time 100 team?  I ask because both Bruce Smith and Reggie white were not unanimous, which is insane to me.  I also don’t understand the crazy amount of love and knob polishing for LT.  Was he extremely  talented? Yes.  What I don’t understand is how people don’t confront him about his admitted pre/in game drug use.  You have to discount his numbers or at the very least add an disclaimer.  Of corse Belichick thinks he’s the best defensive player ever, he cheated to gain an unfair advantage and never got caught/punished.  Bruce has more tackles and of corse sacks.  Just NYC players getting all the fawning and adoration while The greatest Bill of all time gets a blip.  Dumb

Edited by Dirtyd415

Kind of annoying they only spent about 5 seconds on him during the show. Spent a bunch of time gushing over Reggie and John Randle. I’m sure it had a little to do with fitting everyone in, and probably a tenuous relationship with LT (him being on set and their history). But, come on...could’ve spent more than 5 seconds on the NFL’s all time sack leader. I feel like Bruce gets disrespected a lot. Unfortunate part about playing the same time as Reggie. People always say Reggie was better, and while I don’t know one way or the other because it’s difficult to compare the two, Bruce deserves more respect. I don’t think he gets enough credit for accomplishing what he did in a FAR more difficult scheme to accumulate the numbers he did. 

He’s better than Reggie to me, but he’s my favorite player of all time so I’m bigly biased. 

• Like (+1) 1