Do the "look at me" actions of Shaq and Oliver bother you?

PUNT750

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

But it is a big deal!!! This could be the biggest win the franchise has had in decades. We don’t need to pretend that it isn’t. 

I think what the poster is saying is that you TELL PEOPLE THEY SUCK by kicking their butt on the football field and leaving no doubt. Not talking personal smack about the individual players after the game is over and won.  

Being humble in victory is a sign of dominance and of true strength. It is not a sign of weakness as some other posters have suggested. Just like how the patriots are always praising their opponents both before and after the game. But our boys need to learn how to win, just like everything else. They are not used to it, there will be growing pains. 

I have no doubt if it gets out of hand McD will reign it in.

Edited by BillsFan692

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

I’ll be honest, yes.  I didn’t like waiving goodbye to the Cowboys fans.  I didn’t like Tre dance-mocking Dak. I didn’t like the comments about saying Dak shouldn’t get paid. 

We’ve accomplished nothing yet and are coming off 20 years where we were always on the other side of things. 

I understand celebrating and having fun, but you can do it without disrespecting the other team and their fans. 

I know we haven’t been here before, but act like it. 

None of the players or coaches, owner wasn’t around 20 years ago.. means nothing 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

But it is a big deal!!! This could be the biggest win the franchise has had in decades. We don’t need to pretend that it isn’t. 

You’re not getting it then.  You want to make the the team feel bad, act like you can take them down anytime you want.  That’s what we were taught back in the day.

Again I understand things have changed to where it’s not making the other team feel bad but to draw attention to yourself by such actions.  Don’t care who does it, Bills players or not.  It doesn’t work for me.  And for those saying accept it and enjoy the game?  The game is called football, not acting.

I was not even 10 years old when the bills were going to the superbowl, but it's worth referencing one of the best coaches buffalo ever had, quoted by one of the best players we ever had when he was inducted into the Hall of Fame:

"But for real, Marv, you are my inspiration. I wanted to play my best because I never wanted to disappoint you. You made me feel like every extra effort I made for the Bills was appreciated. Marv, I remember my first game against the Houston Oilers, against the Minnesota Vikings, I spiked the ball. When I came over to the sideline, you had this look in your eye like you were very upset at me. You grabbed me by my jersey and said, Why did you spike the ball? I said, Coach, every little kid that ever watches football at least wants to do that at least one time in his career. He said, Well, that's great, don't ever do it again. Act like you've been there before."

I think Marv was being a little hard on the rook, spiking a ball I mean come on -- but the quote stuck with him and "it mattered". At least, to Thurman it did. And he never spiked the ball again. 

I have no doubt McD will get these boys reigned if it's necessary. McD is a lot sterner than Marv ever was.

10 minutes ago, Stallions said:

I never saw Kyle Williams do it!  John Brown doesn't do it!  The "it" is a scripted act of 'look at me" to show off as an individual.  Silly!

When Dak did his dance after the first drive DT you didn’t have a problem with that right ?

or Zeke after his big run feed me ? But if Shaq does his dance after a sack that’s just silly ? 

Got it !!!

I don't mind celebrations after a sack/touchdown as long as you're not down double digit points.  Mocking the other players after a tough loss will just give them more motivation next time you play them.  However, since we only play the Cowboys every four years I thought it was harmless.  Classless but harmless.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Putin said:

When Dak did his dance after the first drive DT you didn’t have a problem with that right ?

or Zeke after his big run feed me ? But if Shaq does his dance after a sack that’s just silly ? 

Got it !!!

Can’t speak for him, but I just don’t like the celebration stuff.  Doesn’t matter who does it.  A little bit OK but just gets carried away too much.

If they start getting drive-extending penalties, yes. I will be livid. 

Nothing, and I mean absolutely NOTHING pisses me off more than a great play ruined by some a**hat running his mouth & drawing a flag, giving the opponent another shot at life.

As long as that's not happening, they can flap their jaws all they want.

I loved it.  

I think some of you don’t understand Zeke’s “feed me” motion is basically saying “give me the ball because they won’t stop me”

Seeing him doing it multiple times in the first quarter, you don’t think that irritates our players?  

It’s on our own sideline with our own team.  Zeke is doing it right in front of the Bills players faces.  He’s doing it on the field.

It’s similar to Dikembe Mutombo blocking someone’s shot.  What did Jordan do when he dunked on him?  

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Who said they condone that either?  I think our fans that hurt themselves are idiots.  The ***** thing is comedy gold. 

I will carry that one to the grave with me.  My very first game in Buffalo (not 1st Bill's game) was the ***** toss game

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Can’t speak for him, but I just don’t like the celebration stuff.  Doesn’t matter who does it.  A little bit OK but just gets carried away too much.

We don’t know or hear what kind trash talk is going on during the game , or what those Cowboys fans were yelling at our players , and so F EVERYBODY Cowboys fans , national media , Shannon Sharp EVERYBODY 

GOOO Bills !!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Putin said:

We don’t know or hear what kind trash talk is going on during the game , or what those Cowboys fans were yelling at our players , and so F EVERYBODY Cowboys fans , national media , Shannon Sharp EVERYBODY 

GOOO Bills !!!!!!

This is a generational thing. My generation was taught to ignore that stuff, and answer by beating the other guy.  And acting like it was no big deal, that we knew we could beat them every time.

Just now, oldmanfan said:

This is a generational thing. My generation was taught to ignore that stuff, and answer by beating the other guy.  And acting like it was no big deal, that we knew we could beat them every time.

Don't turn this into a generational thing. You're making it sound like trash talk was invented in the last 20 years. 

• Like (+1) 1